• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Wisconsin Cancelled

I think most intelligent people feel as though Wisconsin should be punished more than giving Nebraska a win.

not “punished” per se

but we lost some economic value...albeit lesser because of no fans.

and we will just wind up traveling to Wiscy next year.....

at the very least....Wisconsin owes us (and the rest of the conference for that matter) some type of “lessons learned” document.....and soon. To help others avoid this bad situation.

@Let it be by the code

So much wrong with that Yahoo sports crap.

Big Ten didn’t cancel the game. Wisconsin canceled the game even though they were inside Big Ten parameters.

12 badgers didn’t pop positive, Six did, and the rest were non playing staff.

Typical “moral clarity“ crap. No objectivity. Our way is right and the ONLY opinion that needs posting.

This is just another example of a self licking ice cream cone twitter bubble. I mean Pat Forde....what do you expect. You can’t reason with folks, you can’t argue nicely with folks, You can’t point out the facts I just listed above. Because then you just get shouted down in their fiery, almighty, smug righteousness.

All you can do is ignore it which hurts their click content count enormously.

Although this was probably an error in judgment to post something like this on Twitter in the first place. The question is valid and given what a young team we have, and our emphasis to play, I think we played the game.....regardless if DiCaprio Bootle winds up the QB.
I'm just sharing what I found.

Whether valid or not, the national image of Nebraska is not great right now, and the more we piss and moan the worse it gets.

@Let it be by the code

Understand....not a knock on you But I am not so sure. I think the national image of Nebraska it’s not so good with a certain brand of “sports media reporter”.....

I think the national image of Nebraska is FABULOUS for a young recruit and a recruits family who wants assurance that he is going to get exposure at an institution that takes football very VERY seriously.

and the rest of the media....the old guard...the TRUE everyday media completely understands this but don’t venture into the dangerous waters of Twitter.

Sounds like Wisconsin is trying to salvage the rest of their season to me. They’ll have a pile of guys out for 3 weeks. With Chryst positive, they are trying to have him next week.

i can’t be too mad at Wisconsin...we are LUCKY this happened last week and not THIS week.

sucks to have a game evaporate, but we wont have our season impacted beyond that one...for now

So if there's any team you don't want to play just screw around with the testing numbers and bingo cancel? This is a freaken travisty because Wisky simply didn't want to play this game because of missing personnel. You can bet IF if was considered a forfeit good old BA would have been all in for playing it. :mad:

The way I'm seeing it Wisconsin would be down to their #4 QB for:
@ Nebraska - 10/31
Purdue - 11/7
@ Michigan - 11/14

Right? So maybe they end up having to pay the piper shortly, unless they mysteriously have another 6 players that trip the rolling threshold.

The way I'm seeing it Wisconsin would be down to their #4 QB for:
@ Nebraska - 10/31
Purdue - 11/7
@ Michigan - 11/14

Right? So maybe they end up having to pay the piper shortly, unless they mysteriously have another 6 players that trip the rolling threshold.

Wont #2 and #3 be available for the Michigan game? I think it's 3 weeks from the first test. So Wisconsin will push for a night game so they can play all their players for that game.

Being scared of us and canceling makes them only have face Purdue short handed.

Wont #2 and #3 be available for the Michigan game? I think it's 3 weeks from the first test. So Wisconsin will push for a night game so they can play all their players for that game.

Being scared of us and canceling makes them only have face Purdue short handed.

I was thinking that Mertz tested positive on Sunday or even Monday...so 3 weeks would push him past the Michigan game.
But that is what I find the most curious in all of this...they seem to be losing #2 and #3 QB's for 3 weeks, but once they get back this week and if they have cases, then they have to play Purdue. So then do they suddenly have a new 6-12 people test positive the week of Michigan? :)

I was thinking that Mertz tested positive on Sunday or even Monday...so 3 weeks would push him past the Michigan game.
But that is what I find the most curious in all of this...they seem to be losing #2 and #3 QB's for 3 weeks, but once they get back this week and if they have cases, then they have to play Purdue. So then do they suddenly have a new 6-12 people test positive the week of Michigan? :)
They have 12 now including the coach

JQV64Ti.png

B1G wigs ....... I bet no 12/19 games including CCG except make up dates like Wisconsin @ Nebraska. 8 games instead of 9.

Last edited:
It's not just about football, Cardinal. Anyone who thinks it's just about football hasn't been listening.
As far as whether it's a forfeit or not, why bother having actually thresholds if a team can just decide on their own? Why bother testing every day if we need to worry about the scenario you laid out?

Exactly. College football should not be played this autumn. It is folly. Let them hit the books and get ahead on earning that degree. Maybe next autumn it can return.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back