• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Ohio State (11/3/18)

Proud of the Huskers today. Definitely see a lot of improvement. Defense is still a huge disappointment but the offense did everything it could to win this game. The defense couldn't stop the Buckeyes when it counted.
The defense has quite a few 3 and outs which happened ‘when it counted’, as IMO every possession matters that OSU has the ball. Look at the stops we had in that 4th quarter for example. They just made a few big plays. Defense played pretty good overall. It’s definitely more of a player issue, than scheme or coaches issue now. We get the current guys coaches and developed and add more guys, we’ll compete for West every year in another year or two

Bowl game possibility officially over but today could have been a lot worse.

Day by day...
If Iowa has to beat us to win the West Division, that will be my Bowl game. To beat them in that situation may be more special than going to Poinsetta or some other crappy bowl against a 7th place 20th ranked SEC has been, like OleMiss or other such ‘powerhouse’. So that’s what I’d be telling my players and fans. Beat the Hawkeyes!!

Any playcaller can get too pass happy and go away from the run. It happened today.

I don’t want to clog up this thread. If you’re interested in discussing further, feel free to PM me. I’m always interested in discussion and perhaps you’ll teach me a lot about this offense that I don’t understand.
The thing is that many of the passes were right there and open. AM either was off just a touch or the receivers didn’t make the catches, some easier than others. But my point is that many of the best missed opptwere due to missed passes. I do think SF shouldn’t have passed three straight times on that one series that started at the 2 yard line and there was another one that he did the same thing. But oh well. The JD and Ziggy misses and the TE miss were three that easily could have been huge plays

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back