• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs North Dakota Game Thread (9/3/22) BTN Tailgate From Lincoln Today

Half time thoughts.

That might have been one of the most painful halves of football I have ever watched for a game tied 7-7.

Where to start?

We move like a knife through butter. Any adversity . . . ANY ADVERSITY . . . and players start melting down all over the field.

The blocked punt. Why, why, why, why try to field that punt. We were lucky that wasn’t a turnover. Yes, we got it back . . . but all of our momentum circled the drain.

Mind-numbingly low football IQ play.

We don’t do anything well on offense . . . really for half the half.

Meanwhile on defense, they throw short . . . our guys come running up like their hair is on fire and run passed the ball carrier who takes one half step and then our guy waves at him on his way by.

Over and over and over again.

You can’t tackle that way. Not now. Not 50 years ago. Not ever.

But hey, our new OC finally figures out that throwing the ball on each and every play isn’t working. Play action doesn’t work when your overmatched opponent knows you aren’t going to run.

So, we run. And it works. We get deep in their territory and then our offensive lineman grabs a gun, and blasts the team’s foot off.

The drive stalls. And was anybody surprised that our kicker would POUNCE upon the opportunity to pile on to the previous mistake, and hit a lame quacking quail in the direction of the end zone? Anybody?

But we weren’t done. Missed opportunity or not, our offense may have been on to something. So get them the ball, right?

Of course not. Our defense then goes out and really out does themselves in almost somnambulistic tackling techniques highlighted by a big team celebration after North Dakota clearly had converted a fourth down.

Scott Frost made absolute sure that North Dakota had plenty of time to run any play they wanted and to take their sweet time grinding out a game tying TD . . . by emptying his bag of timeouts.

That is so dumb, I can’t even think of anything to say.

Hey, his brilliant strategy netted us a whole 13 seconds to drive the field and take a knee.

Our offense never saw the field again.

So, we get the ball in the second half. Will we remember that running the football is an option? If we try to run, will any of our OL execute?

North Dakota wants it more than we do. And our HC is on a space shuttle somewhere orbiting a planet he suspects might be earth.

Hang on folks. Another low point in Husker history is staring us in the face.

This team is an absolute disgrace in the trenches, even more than SF's other teams (which is really saying something).

I don't quite get our adjustment when they put five men on one side of the defensive line and we end up with 2 1/2 OLmen blocking five of theirs. that looks like sandlot football.

This might be the most pathetic half of football (given the competition) in recent Nebraska football history……
Ah, then you didn't watch the 1968 KSU/Husker game in the snow in Lincoln when we lost 12-0 and had a whopping 146 yards of total offense, never sniffed scoring.

My Dad and I sat in the East stadium upper deck, at the end of the game had 4 inches of cold, wet snow on our blanket and nobody else up there with us..........

So……who would be the next coach willing to take on this project? I mean, who would really come in and straighten this mess out?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back