• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

Once the backs were stymied and the receivers could t get open, and the line was unable to block, I would have thought we would try to move the pocket. Instead, we kept AM as a stationary drop back passer. What is the excuse for expecting success without using AM’s feet, either as a runner or at least moving him around to buy time?

They were dropping back more into coverage in the 2nd half. The reality is that we need to get the inside run game going. It makes everything else work better.

I know folks are looking for someone to blame because they are frustrated. And anytime you lose a game you could win, there's always something that could have been done better. Decisions, play calling, execution, ect...but let's not lose sight of the fact that we came into this season 23-27 over a four year span and the one season we accumulated a lot of those wins we were a pushover for almost anyone decent. Our veteran classes suffered severe attrition. I know Colorado has been bad and new staff and all, but we'll see where they are when they don't have NFL receivers and a 5th year SR QB that has started games since he was a freshman. We're going to get better as our younger classes mature and we fill in our holes.. A LOT BETTER.

AM turned the ball over last year at an alarming clip..so wouldnt say there is a regression. And AM still has plenty of burst as he demonstrated a few times today. His "slowness" has more to do with indecisiveness as he is lacking a bit of confidence for some reason.

But I'm NOT sitting him so he can regress more on the bench. That's just idiotic in my opinion.
well, he looked like a slow blinker the second half to me

Last edited:
The fact is still this, we don’t have near the athletes we need.
Our O line is still so so so average.
If after two more years we are still “performing” this way, coaches and players...
I will be very worried.
GBR

Two games in and I'm having doubts about HCSF and staff. Play calling has been horrendous and second half adjustments on both sides of the ball have been equally poor through their tenure so far. And for those who will reply to be patient, I was patient with Callahan, Bo, and Riley. Done being patient....

All of us totally understand that this post is based on a lot of emotion after another devastating loss. That said I really can't refute any of it. It's the reality of Nebraska football right now. Nothing is a sure thing......
Yeah, I hate being this negative. But it really isn't as emotional as it sounds. In actuality, I was expected it the entire second half--after the sleepwalking timeout on the very first play.

Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and except the fact that there is a serious psychological issue with our program.

I said in another post, Frost is new to this. Remember he has been gone. He has been lied to by folks in the North Stadium that this all started because of that bad ole Riley guy--that Pelini had the program knocking on the door. Those are lies. We've been struggling for a long time. The decent wasn't as obvious because of how high we once were and because we do have some advantages.

But you can't deny that this game felt like countless others in the past 15 years. I'm tired of people blaming Riley, Callahan, Pelini, and so on. The players need to keep working and keep playing for each other. Telling themselves that the second half was just silly mistakes or some dumb nonsense just isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
The reality is that we need to get the inside run game going.
I have seen enough through two games for me to think that is gong to be a huge undertaking this year. We don’t have a line still, and no inside running presence. And if that continues, we will continue to feel the way we do right now....

I’m in your camp totally. I “get” the bad feelings and expressions after this game. This loss was extremely disappointing to me, particularly after the 17-0 first half lead looked so promising for a win. The loss, however, shouldn’t have been and wasn’t a a big surprise to me after last weeks showing against S Alabama. (Emotionally I picked a one touchdown win for our Huskers but I was concerned) This program is getting better, as evidenced by the fact that we can play with the Colorado’s of the world like we did today, but after the “two 4-8 seasons” you reference, it’s realistically going to take time for Coach Frost’s team of coaches to build it to the point that we dominate teams like Colorado. If we can get to 6-6 and go to a bowl game I’d say we are making adequate progress this year. If we can pull a couple of “upsets” against the likes of Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa and go 8-4 that would be icing on the cake for me. Those kinds of expectations, in my opinion, would mitigate the “overreactions” you speak about.

Playing with the “Colorado’s of the world” is evidence of progress? That’s a program with a new coaching staff and one winning season in the past 13 years. Losing to them in what was essentially a home game is evidence of regression.

Several years ago, tOSU had lost to VTech and then remaining 20?? games, undefeated (I think)

I know, faint faint faint hope ....... equal to PowerBall winner.

Have we played well for a complete game since Frost has been here? The closest we've come is probably the losses to Ohio St. and Iowa last year.

Have we played well for a complete game since Frost has been here? The closest we've come is probably the losses to Ohio St. and Iowa last year.
We are world class for the first possession. After that we are below average. 3rd quarter we are a complete cluster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back