• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

Better than being blown out by the “Colorado’s of the world” except emotionally. Narrow losses are, in some ways, harder to take emotionally than blowouts. But in my opinion the answer is yes it shows progress,

This was worse than just a narrow loss. They led handily at the half. Mistakes, bad play calling, and poor/no adjustments gave away a game that they dominated for a half. IMHO, much worse than losing a tight game or getting shellacked.

Better than being blown out by the “Colorado’s of the world” except emotionally. Narrow losses are, in some ways, harder to take emotionally than blowouts. But in my opinion the answer is yes it shows progress,

When has Nebraska ever been blown out by the Colorado’s of the world? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Colorado has averaged 4 wins per season since Barnett exited in 2005.

Thoughts: Mills runs straight into people, no moves. Washington: Runs outside only, doesn't take on contact (is effective, though). Martinez: Looks good one minute and horrible the next. Not sure what happened to him. Thought he would improve more over the off-season. Play calling could use more Robinson, Spielman. Get the ball to those playmakers more and then Adrian and the backs might be able run more effectively when they do run. Defense looked like they have potential to be pretty good. Overall it looked like they freaked out in the 2nd half when the offense started sputtering. Hope they can keep focused better when games get tight. We continue to see the little things like bad use of timeouts and penalties add up. To me that stuff comes down to focus and preparation. Shouldn't be as tough as the team makes it. Bottom line: This was a game most of us (I think) had chalked up as a W. Gotta stop having losses like this. Tired of the talk, want to see results.

"Shouldn't be as tough as the team makes it." SPOT ON!!!

It’s astounding how they have him standing like a statue in the backfield. I thought his strength was mobility and making plays when things break down. Seems like we have changed philosophy for some reason.
Same as I was thinking! No creativity at all!! Just blaaaaaaaa!!!

This happens to a lot of teams and they return to playing better football so much quicker. Been hearing a long time that we are a few classes away, or previous coaches didnt know how to win. These kids know how to win they come from schools that were very very good. It's just another excuse waiting on the next excuse. The hype for this year outmatched many previous years and here we are...using tired and broke excuses. This team could go 9-0 the rest of the way if people would stop allowing excuses to rule the day..

There's always exceptions but most teams with rapid turnarounds have either elite talent or very experienced QBs which often fall back to the norm. Or in some cases teams on the cutting edge of a new style of play. Frost' offense is difficult to prepare for but the different concepts have been around for a while now. We're not going to walk out and just win games because people are clueless on how to defend this stuff like Oregon did in the early Chip K. days. Clemson was in a WAY better place roster wise when Swinney took over and it still took them time to figure it out. And it was a gradual process. It didn't happen immediately.

I really don’t think Frost and his offensive staff get it yet. This isn’t like the AAC where you can put up 50 on every team on the schedule. Their offense seems to be based on keeping their foot on the gas. They simply don’t think about being conservative and protecting a lead. It’s all about putting up more points.
I think the opposite is being called!! throw the ball down field!! put pressure on the Defence early in 3rd guarter!! That's what they did to us. and we were up by 17pts!! stomp on there throats!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back