• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska satellite camp hashtag appears to be #SpreadTheRed (CA Camp Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this.....good stuff and analysis on Terry Wilson.....

Talk about some standouts and perhaps future offers....

<iframe width="670" height="380" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="https://rivals.yahoo.com/video-embed/1135042"></iframe>

Should answer the naysayers that say our QB recruits are not runners. Yes they are pocket passers with pass first mentality, but Wilson's film when he does run with the ball is pretty electric, and that 40 time of 4.5 at the camp is Ameer speed.

While I wholeheartedly support the remote camps, I believe it very premature to says that they "accomplished" their goals, unless their goals were ultra-simplistic. While there certainly is value to getting the brand out there and getting recruits familiar with MR and staff, there must be a goal to actually land a certain number of recruits from these camps and that goal, most certainly hasn't been met yet. If there is no such goal, or we have already met it...then we didn't set proper goals. I think the staff did a great job in organizing and working the camps, but I'm a firm believer in getting results from your work, which we won't really know about for sure for quite some time. I'm confident that this early work will have great results as the recruiting season wears on, but the goals are not accomplished. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
The intent of the satellite camps was to evaluate and develop relationships with prospects. They did that. In spades.

The intent of the satellite camps was to evaluate and develop relationships with prospects. They did that. In spades.
If those relationships don't get a certain number of these kids to Lincoln, the real goal (public or not) is not accomplished. We've been successful, it seems, with the preliminary targets/objectives.

Last edited:

Your entitled to your opinion....as am I....and with that being said your wrong....and I will leave it that....

While I wholeheartedly support the remote camps, I believe it very premature to says that they "accomplished" their goals, unless their goals were ultra-simplistic. While there certainly is value to getting the brand out there and getting recruits familiar with MR and staff, there must be a goal to actually land a certain number of recruits from these camps and that goal, most certainly hasn't been met yet. If there is no such goal, or we have already met it...then we didn't set proper goals. I think the staff did a great job in organizing and working the camps, but I'm a firm believer in getting results from your work, which we won't really know about for sure for quite some time. I'm confident that this early work will have great results as the recruiting season wears on, but the goals are not accomplished. Just my opinion.

Your entitled to your opinion....as am I....and with that being said your wrong....and I will leave it that....
LOL, in your heart, surely you know better. The real goal of these camps is to ultimately land recruits...not to become penpals or twitter buddies.

Last edited:
Lets put it this way N2FL is rarely if ever wrong he actually does his research and knows what he is talking about you might want to pay attention....you might learn something........I would and will take anything he says to the bank....and I will leave it that....

And trust me few will disagree with me....

Your right I surely know better about you and your posting style....I've been around too long at HM not to get sucked in....but nice try....

Anyway back to the topic....

LOL, in your heart, surely you know better.

Lets put it this way N2FL is rarely if ever wrong he actually does his research and knows what he is talking about you might want to pay attention....you might learn something........I would and will take anything he says to the bank....and I will leave it that....

And trust me few will disagree with me....

Your right I surely know better about you and your posting style....I've been around too long at HM not to get sucked in....but nice try....

Anyway back to the topic....

It would be correct if he said the camps were a "big splash," popular, helpful, introduced us to new prospects, etc, etc, etc, but to say the "goal was accomplished" before you know the actual results in terms of prospects landed is incorrect. It's really that simple. And truly, while NFL and you both spend too much time worrying/studying recruiting, your opinions are just that...they don't make anyone else "wrong" as you like to flatly state. In point of fact, some things you now say (e.g. Pelini hurt in-state recruiting), I told you about years ago, but back then, LOL, in your opinion, I was flat out wrong.

I stand by what I said.....I'm not getting sucked into a wee-weeing contest with you....

Have a good evening....

It would be correct if he said the camps were a "big splash," popular, helpful, introduced us to new prospects, etc, etc, etc, but to say the "goal was accomplished" before you know the actual results in terms of prospects landed is incorrect. It's really that simple. And truly, while NFL and you both spend too much time worrying/studying recruiting, your opinions are just that...they don't make anyone else "wrong" as you like to flatly state. In point of fact, some things you now say (e.g. Pelini hurt in-state recruiting), I told you about years ago, but back then, LOL, in your opinion, I was flat out wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back