• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ND going to try to steal recruit number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'll concede that this staff may have landed equal to or more than top prospects than Bill Busch and John Blake....though it's debatable. I just don't see how Bo is going to compete with Michigan and Ohio St in the future if we aren't recruiting near their level. It'll be Oklahoma and Texas all over again

You do not understand the rankings....we have a small class thus are not going to be ranked high because of that....plain and simple....

Colorado has 19 commits....none above 3-star level and 4 who are 2-stars......we have six 4-star recruits out of 8 commits......which is my point....

Penn State has 13 commits (after the decommits) with only three 4-star level commits the rest are 3-star or below.....we have six 4-star recruits out of 8 commits...once again my point......

This class because of its size is about quality not quantity and quantity is a huge factor in how Rivals ranks....

Like I said do your homework....then you would really no why we are 'ranked' with Colorado and Penn State....

And no you have not backed up your statements with any concrete evidence....

I did back my statements up. We are ranked next to Colorado and PSU. Not good company to keep. If they end up landing those studs I'll give them credit, but that's pure speculation at this point. As for the Oregon comment...it didn't amount to anything so I have no problem with that.

Last edited:
Yeah we got it....you don't like Bo and you want him out....it ain't happening and we will compete fine....and win a few championships....

And I'll concede that this staff may have landed equal to or more than top prospects than Bill Busch and John Blake....though it's debatable. I just don't see how Bo is going to compete with Michigan and Ohio St in the future if we aren't recruiting near their level. It'll be Oklahoma and Texas all over again

Colorado has 19 commits....none above 3-star level and 4 who are 2-stars......we have six 4-star recruits out of 8 commits......which is my point....

Penn State has 13 commits (after the decommits) with only three 4-star level commits the rest are 3-star or below.....we have six 4-star recruits out of 8 commits...once again my point......
That is a good point. You win.

Last edited:

Have an item related to this discussion. I really like the way that this staff is getting out nationally to recruit and becoming a realistic option for high caliber players. This staff is going from CA to AZ to NJ to FLA and in-between for top players.

My question: Is this a high risk/high reward approach..and if it doesn't work out (lets say we come in 2nd for many players), is there a good secondary approach? There does not appear to be a "natural" region where we can go to get local talent if the top-tier do not go for us..like LSU or USC who can go nationally for their initial approach and then go local if they need to.

I like what the staff is doing as you have to go after the top players.

That would be nice....I'd settle for someone who can land a top prospect every year though.

There names are Tim Beck and John Papuchis.

Tim Beck

2008: Josh Williams, Courtney Osborne
2009: Rex Burkhead*
2010: Braylon Heard, Ciante Evans
2011: Aaron Green, Tyler Moore, Ameer Abdullah, Jamal Turner
2012: Tommy Armstrong (also lead recruiter for Devin Fuller, LaDarrell McNeil, Brian Nance, Alonzo Moore, Anthony Alford)

John Papuchis

2008: PJ Smith
2009: Jason Ankrah, Rex Burkhead*
2010: Chase Rome
2011: Joseph Carter, Kevin Williams
2012: Greg McMullen (also lead recruiter for Vincent Valentine, Jordan Diggs, Taiwan Johnson, TJ Neal)

I am definitely all for adding a top recruiter to the Husker staff. I have been saying all along that if indeed John Papuchis is chosen as the new DC over Stoops (which I am against), the Huskers should look to add an ace recruiter from another school and not promote a GA or Intern from within. But I wont go as far as to say the Huskers lack in this area all together. Beck, Papuchis and Corey Raymond are all very good recruiters. Another one couldnt hurt though, but I would say that for any team.

Yes...but you have to also remember this is a small class and they are going after high quality players because you want to get this one as right as you can....and yes they have a secondary approach no doubt...but if we land Peat, Fuller, Moss, Moore and Lambert.....then we only have 2-3 slots left and I think all five of these guys I mentioned are a good bet to be 'N'.....

LSU and USC go local first and finish off the class national....

I do too...:)

Have an item related to this discussion. I really like the way that this staff is getting out nationally to recruit and becoming a realistic option for high caliber players. This staff is going from CA to AZ to NJ to FLA and in-between for top players.

My question: Is this a high risk/high reward approach..and if it doesn't work out (lets say we come in 2nd for many players), is there a good secondary approach? There does not appear to be a "natural" region where we can go to get local talent if the top-tier do not go for us..like LSU or USC who can go nationally for their initial approach and then go local if they need to.

Personally, what I notice that this staff is able to do is find a diamond in the rough towards the end of the recruiting process and bring them in when we don't get a first or second option. A lot of these recruits are kids they have kept in touch over a certain amount of time, keeping informed of how the traffic is with the recruitment of other players. It sounds like we have a pretty honest and upfront type staff that gains the respect of not only the recruits, but also the parents/coaches. Being that Nebraska isn't a hot bed of talent like what LSU or USC would have the opportunity to pick from, I think that is the best approach to get talent into Lincoln. Great talent off the top of my head that I can think of who have been taken in this process are guys like Ameer Abudullah ('11), Braylon Heard ('10 originally), Brion Carnes ('10), Taylor Martinez ('09).

There names are Tim Beck and John Papuchis.

Tim Beck

2008: Josh Williams, Courtney Osborne
2009: Rex Burkhead*
2010: Braylon Heard, Ciante Evans
2011: Aaron Green, Tyler Moore, Ameer Abdullah, Jamal Turner
2012: Tommy Armstrong (also lead recruiter for Devin Fuller, LaDarrell McNeil, Brian Nance, Alonzo Moore, Anthony Alford)

John Papuchis

2008: PJ Smith
2009: Jason Ankrah, Rex Burkhead*
2010: Chase Rome
2011: Joseph Carter, Kevin Williams
2012: Greg McMullen (also lead recruiter for Vincent Valentine, Jordan Diggs, Taiwan Johnson, TJ Neal)

I am definitely all for adding a top recruiter to the Husker staff. I have been saying all along that if indeed John Papuchis is chosen as the new DC over Stoops (which I am against), the Huskers should look to add an ace recruiter from another school and not promote a GA or Intern from within. But I wont go as far as to say the Huskers lack in this area all together. Beck, Papuchis and Corey Raymond are all very good recruiters. Another one couldnt hurt though, but I would say that for any team.
Point proven. I am in agreement that another top notch recruiter would help the program out. I think a good recruiter is a lot like a good salesman. A good salesman (recruiter) could improve sales (get better recruits) for your company (football program)

Last edited:
Actually he is pointing out to you we already have great recruiters....so no your point isn't proven.....

What he talks about the bottom has to do with new coaches coming in and if Coach P moves up to D-Coordinator....

Go back and read what he said again:

Beck, Papuchis and Corey Raymond are all very good recruiters. Another one couldnt hurt though, but I would say that for any team.
Point proven. I am in agreement that another top notch recruiter would help the program out.

Point proven. I am in agreement that another top notch recruiter would help the program out. I think a good recruiter is a lot like a good salesman. A good salesman (recruiter) could improve sales (get better recruits) for your company (football program)

Comprehension is a little off. His post says that we have the right people in place. His comment that an extra "closer" wouldn't help but that goes for any program in the nation.

Actually he is pointing out to you we already have great recruiters....so no your point isn't proven.....

What he talks about the bottom has to do with new coaches coming in and if Coach P moves up to D-Coordinator....

Go back and read what he said again:
I was saying he proved his point that we have guys who can pull top prospects. I was not saying he proved my point. I will type out exactly what I mean in the future......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back