• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ND going to try to steal recruit number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Because they were on Callahan's staff? They may not have been great coaches but they were damn good recruiters. Like it or not...Bo's staff does not land highly touted recruits like the two listed below:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...owman-30216;_ylt=Ag8q3BHMhLzpKcIzWOd6br5DPZB4
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...Lucky-27342;_ylt=At4xOTEP99X.6VscQkTNH89DPZB4

what about Green, he was 5* and one of the top5 backs last year out of high school. Or Rodriguez, wasn't he a 4 or 5* lineman. Heard was a 4*, Turner was a 4 or 5*. That's if you are basing all of this off stars alone.

Its not like we haven't had and stud or two commit to us every class.

And Todd Peat and Tyler Moore etc....

what about Green, he was 5* and one of the top5 backs last year out of high school. Or Rodriguez, wasn't he a 4 or 5* lineman. Heard was a 4*, Turner was a 4 or 5*. That's if you are basing all of this off stars alone.

Its not like we haven't had and stud or two commit to us every class.

You mean like Oregon paying a recruiting service $25,000 to steer players their way? I'm not sure we want to do that....

As for no evidence in your last line....I think you need to go and do some homework before you make statements like that because you are basing that on no evidence....and are going to look awfully silly on signing day....

Take the time to read the threads in this forum....or do your homework elsewhere....you'll find your statement is incorrect....

And yeah we get it your crusade to get rid of Bo Pelini continues....good luck cus its not going to happen.....
Ok, you can knock them for the $25k issue, which doesn't seem to have amounted to any sanctions as far as I'm aware of. But that school does a very good job recruiting out of state. And CM Husker frequently says stuff like and backs it up with no evidence. I was not trying to state there is no evidence to support those notions, but he frequently argues with statements like I mentioned before and does not back them up. I said right in my post that this class could end up being ok, but as it stands right now it looks like we're behind and our class is not very strong.

Last edited:

A great recruiter gets every kid he goes after. No one ever turns him down. Thats the guy we want, right, Seth?

Seems you haven't backed up your own statements....and need to do your homework....

Behind in what? We have are doing fine...its a small class that is half full....with 6 of the 8 commits being rated 4-star or higher by one or all of the recruting services...I call that more than okay....in fact very strong....hence my comment again...you need to do your homework before posting such things......not to mention we are in on some big recruits...Andrus Peat and Devon Fuller being the prizes left....both are 5-star recruits.....and the rest of the guys we may get are pretty darn good too....

Bottom line is we are in great shape....

Oregon doing that makes them very SEC like in my opinion....common practice to do that in the SEC...so yeah I can knock them....its slimey.....

Oh and FWIW CM is correct what he wrote...

Ok, you can knock them for the $25k issue, which doesn't seem to have amounted to any sanctions as far as I'm aware of. But that school does a very good job recruiting out of state. And CM Husker frequently says stuff like and backs it up with no evidence. I was not trying to state there is no evidence to support those notions, but he frequently argues with statements like I mentioned before and does not back them up. I said right in my post that this class could end up being ok, but as it stands right now it looks like we're behind and our class is not very strong.

Last edited:

With a smaller amount of scholarships available, this class is about getting the specific needs met. And making sure we get the best guys there for those needs. It was mentioned in another thread that of the 8 guys we have committed, 6 of them are 4* or higher. And looking at the guys we have leaning towards us or making a strong push on, they are no slouches. I strong think that, with the small amount of players we are allowed, our class will end up way better than "ok".

We think alike...:) :)

With a smaller amount of scholarships available, this class is about getting the specific needs met. And making sure we get the best guys there for those needs. It was mentioned in another thread that of the 8 guys we have committed, 6 of them are 4* or higher. And looking at the guys we have leaning towards us or making a strong push on, they are no slouches. I strong think that, with the small amount of players we are allowed, our class will end up way better than "ok".

Seems you haven't backed up your own statements....and need to do your homework....

Behind in what? We have are doing fine...its a small class that is half full....with 6 of the 8 commits being rated 4-star or higher by one or all of the recruting services...I call that more than okay....in fact very strong....hence my comment again...you need to do your homework before posting such things......not to mention we are in on some big recruits...Andrus Peat and Devon Fuller being the prizes left....both are 5-star recruits.....and the rest of the guys we may get are pretty darn good too....

Oregon doing that makes them very SEC like in my opinion....common practice to do that in the SEC...so yeah I can knock them....its slimey.....

+1 Looks like you type much faster than I. ;)

I did back my statements up. We are ranked next to Colorado and PSU. Not good company to keep. If they end up landing those studs I'll give them credit, but that's pure speculation at this point. As for the Oregon comment...it didn't amount to anything so I have no problem with that.

I think in order to win championships they will need to recruit at a higher level. Look at Michigan...first year coach who came in and has a hell of a class. That's the first step to getting back on the road to winning championships. The majority of Michigan's top prospects have come from outside the state of Michigan as well. It's frustrating to see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back