• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ND going to try to steal recruit number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshirts82

Recruit
5 Year Member
ND offered Rios. I hated Notre dame before and now i hope the school burns to the ground. Brian kelly please recruit by yourself and stop trying to steal NE potential recruits. I guess this is the offer rios has been waiting for. Well see Hopefully they are 2 little 2 late.

It's frustrating to be sure, and I've got plenty of reasons to dislike ND, however I don't think recruit thievery is one of them. Nebraska is out there trying to poach recruits from other places right now.

ND offered Rios. I hated Notre dame before and now i hope the school burns to the ground. Brian kelly please recruit by yourself and stop trying to steal NE potential recruits. I guess this is the offer rios has been waiting for. Well see Hopefully they are 2 little 2 late.

Does Kelly do any of his own work?

This happened a few years ago, too, with some other schmuck coach. Unfortunately, he got a couple of NU's commits.

I hope Bo can close some of our recruits and gain a few more. Seems to me like we are behind the other universities in getting committs...........

It's frustrating to be sure, and I've got plenty of reasons to dislike ND, however I don't think recruit thievery is one of them. Nebraska is out there trying to poach recruits from other places right now.

Sure, its ok if they TRY to poach--as long as they don't succeed.

We need some improvement on recruiting, which is one of the reasons I'd like to bring in a strong recruiter.

We need some improvement on recruiting, which is one of the reasons I'd like to bring in a strong recruiter.

How do you suppose a "good recruiter" would help when kids get their dream offer?

I can see why TO build a program around kids who grew up in or near Nebraska. It's tough to consistently pull guys away.

Nonetheless, we are recruiting well.

How do you suppose a "good recruiter" would help when kids get their dream offer?

I can see why TO build a program around kids who grew up in or near Nebraska. It's tough to consistently pull guys away.

Nonetheless, we are recruiting well.
The same way Bill Busch and John Blake got recruits here.....The same way Oregon recruits top notch athletes...Do you think Oregon was LaMichael James' first choice? Hint he was from Texarkana, TX (also JP recruited him and everyone seems to think JP is such a great recruiter. Well, we didn't get Lamichael James). Most of Oregon's recruits aren't from Oregon. You may argue California is a lot closer to Oregon, but San Francisco is about 10 hrs to Eugene, which is about the same amount of drive time from Dallas, TX to Lincoln, NE. LA is even further away from Eugene. So, Oregon consistently pulls away kids from places that are far away. Our staff should be able to as well. You can keep making excuses though. We aren't recruiting well right now. Our class may end up ok, but right now we have about as strong of a class as Colorado (who has sucked for years) and PSU (who went through a major scandal).

Your reply will probably be something along the lines of "Bo has us headed in a great direction!" or "We are recruiting very well." A statement of confidence in the coaches with no real evidence behind it.

Last edited:

Larry Johnson Sr would be our man!!!!!!! We need to go get him. He may be out of a job with changes coming at PSU!!! The guy can recruit! His D's are always extremely good!

Last edited:

You mean like Oregon paying a recruiting service $25,000 to steer players their way? I'm not sure we want to do that....

As for no evidence in your last line....I think you need to go and do some homework before you make statements like that because you are basing that on no evidence....and are going to look awfully silly on signing day....

Take the time to read the threads in this forum....or do your homework elsewhere....you'll find your statement is incorrect....

And yeah we get it your crusade to get rid of Bo Pelini continues....good luck cus its not going to happen.....

The same way Bill Busch and John Blake got recruits here.....The same way Oregon recruits top notch athletes...Do you think Oregon was LaMichael James' first choice? Hint he was from Texarkana, TX (also JP recruited him and everyone seems to think JP is such a great recruiter. Well, we didn't get Lamichael James). Most of Oregon's recruits aren't from Oregon. You may argue California is a lot closer to Oregon, but San Francisco is about 10 hrs to Eugene, which is about the same amount of drive time from Dallas, TX to Lincoln, NE. LA is even further away from Eugene. So, Oregon consistently pulls away kids from places that are far away. Our staff should be able to as well. You can keep making excuses though. We aren't recruiting well right now. Our class may end up ok, but right now we have about as strong of a class as Colorado (who has sucked for years) and PSU (who went through a major scandal).

Your reply will probably be something along the lines of "Bo has us headed in a great direction!" or "We are recruiting very well." A statement of confidence in the coaches with no real evidence behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back