• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Narduzzi = Can't Remember??

RIght, an emotional, non-thoughtful response to something that probably triggers him.....why can't I steady my OC situation. I am sure he didn't want to talk about it at all and rather than take the high road he just crapped on everything.

Pat Narduzzi is a darn good coach. Sure, he might be pissed off, but some of the things he said may have some merit. Just because we are Nebraska fans doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be some concern here. I definitely have some. Throwing it too much can be costly. I thought it was an odd hire from the beginning, but I’m hoping that it works out.

Why would Narduzzi say something like that publicly about his former assistant? There is absolutely no value in doing that in the coaching profession. They won the ACC for goodness sake. Perhaps his comments were in jest or sarcastic, but why throw a former colleague under the bus?

Pat Narduzzi is a darn good coach. Sure, he might be pissed off, but some of the things he said may have some merit. Just because we are Nebraska fans doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be some concern here. I definitely have some. Throwing it too much can be costly. I thought it was an odd hire from the beginning, but I’m hoping that it works out.

I hear you. There is concern that Whipple may want to pass more than NU fans would like him to. Hopefully our O-line is ready to open up some holes for RB’s this year to allow 2nd and 3rd down options.

But what PN said is just silly. They ran more that game (relatively ineffectively) than passed. An almost perfect balance in play calling. They scored 45 points using the passing game. As NU fans have realized, style points aren’t as important as winning. The idea of looking down on a win because there wasn’t enough rushing yardage is a good strategy for failure. Do what works at the moment. They apparently ran enough that they weren’t predictable.

They won the game. All PN should be saying about Whipple is thank you. If he wants his next coach to be run oriented, hire someone who fits that mold.

Now, am I concerned that Whipple may not run enough and be too pass happy? Not yet. We seem to have some promising RB’s in the fold. I think Whipple will use them if Raiola can develop an effective o-line. If Whipple wins but has more passing than rushing, I’m good.

Why would Narduzzi say something like that publicly about his former assistant? There is absolutely no value in doing that in the coaching profession. They won the ACC for goodness sake. Perhaps his comments were in jest or sarcastic, but why throw a former colleague under the bus?
Couple of reasons:

1) He may be using the press to send a message to his current team. Especially during a rebuild on offense.

2) He may be pissed at Whipple for leaving for a lateral position after he (Narduzzi) rescued him from UMass prior to Pitt.

That is the question isn’t it. Seems like Whipple did something to irk his former boss.

Couple of reasons:

1) He may be using the press to send a message to his current team. Especially during a rebuild on offense.

2) He may be pissed at Whipple for leaving for a lateral position after he (Narduzzi) rescued him from UMass prior to Pitt.
Yeah who knows. Both are certainly possible. I lean towards #1, but not sure why he took a shot at Whipple in the process. Narduzzi was the head coach and could have overruled him at any time. Could have been a power struggle situation.

Y"all do realize Pitt ran the ball 38 times a game and threw it 40 in 2021

Check the running stats between NU and Pitt in 2021 they are closely similar

In the WF game they ran it 32 not 10 times as the head coach said and won 45-21

He made a fool of himself

He is butt hurt because he lost a Heisman Candidate QB. To the NFL and the leading WR in the country to USC and his OC

He also went after Michigan State and the B1G and looked stupid doing so

He is getting lit up as is the podcaster as they should in my opinion

The podcaster should have done his homework before putting the product out there

Not to mention they were 11-2 for God's sake

Bottom line the head coach ran his mouth and does not look good

Let's see how he does this year with those three gone

Last edited:

That is the question isn’t it. Seems like Whipple did something to irk his former boss.
Coaches are big on loyalty … many give it blindly and excessively. I suspect PN felt like he gave it to MW … and I suspect PN felt like the loyalty wasn’t repaid.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back