• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Myles Farmer latest devils lettuce citation recipient

Marijuana is never legal, currently. So I think that’s the difference.
Isn’t a MIP minor in possession? I honestly don’t know. Wouldn’t that also be illegal? I think we all agree on one thing. These kids are being given an opportunity to do something most of us never could and should follow rules. I have a son who is very good at any sport he plays. I wouldn’t want him smoking weed or drinking.

Seems to me like some seniors need to start hazing the snot out of some dummies. A couple weeks out and still dont have their crap together....unreal.....

I also have no words. Team rules have no meaning to those caught. Individual acts of defiance are a detriment to the whole team and coaches.

Maybe the seniors are doing it too and smart enough to not get caught. Can't throw rocks in a glass house.

Last edited:

While I agree that societal norms are changing, at this time it's still illegal. I maintain, with an outside's perspective, that if someone is in a big-time sports program and they do something that they KNOW is against both team and NCAA rules, and they KNOW it's also against the law, and they KNOW it's going to have a negative impact on the team and program if they get caught... They are a selfish jackwagon in need of a serious attitude adjustment. This is true for mj, underage drinking, disorderly conduct, whatever.

Just my opinion.

That’s just it, doesn’t matter if it’s lesser than alcohol or legal here or there, it’s banned by the NCAA. Which the players just happen to be getting a free education for playing a game that they love. Whether they get a shot at the NFL or not like Ameer stated a few years back, they hit the educational lottery and can come out with a degree and be completely debt free. They are getting room, meals and free education yet feel they shouldn’t have to conform to rules or standards, entitlement mindset.

Last edited:
Isn’t a MIP minor in possession? I honestly don’t know. Wouldn’t that also be illegal? I think we all agree on one thing. These kids are being given an opportunity to do something most of us never could and should follow rules. I have a son who is very good at any sport he plays. I wouldn’t want him smoking weed or drinking.
Alcohol is legal at 21. Marijuana never is. NCAA and Nebraska aren’t testing for alcohol use.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about the fact that the season is approaching and they're limiting their physical improvement by smoking or drinking anything. I'm the last person to judge for smoking weed, but it does have some affect on an athletes conditioning and endurance. I also don't like that they're getting caught with illegal substances even though I would vote to legalize it.

Once "In Training" it's time to put down the pipe and bottle.

I'm more concerned about the fact that the season is approaching and they're limiting their physical improvement by smoking or drinking anything. I'm the last person to judge for smoking weed, but it does have some affect on an athletes conditioning and endurance. I also don't like that they're getting caught with illegal substances even though I would vote to legalize it.

That's what Randy Gregory says :thumbsup:

Exactly. My friends and I would occasionally smoke (cigarettes, not weed) and drink in high school, but typically just during the summer or after the season was over. It was pretty rare for any of us to do that during the season or pre-season practice/conditioning because we didn't want to risk getting kicked off the team.

Last edited:
Exactly. My friends and I would occasionally smoke (cigarettes, not weed) and drink in high school, but typically just during the summer or after the season was over. It was pretty rare for any of us to do that during the season or pre-season practice/conditioning because we didn't want to risk getting kicked off the team.
Yup, goes to impulse control and doing "the little things right", as Coach Frost says. Self discipline and sacrifice for the good of the team. Sounds corny and archaic, but there it is.

As it should be. Time to get their attention......
Marijuana is a tough situation. Unlike alcohol, where it becomes legal for guys in your program and isn't tested, marijuana has so many variables to it...

I remember hearing from Bo that one of the challenges is that some of the kids (for example Louisiana), they could literally smoke in the park where they grew up. A cop walking by would usually just keep going, or come with "find a better place fellas", but they weren't issuing citations many times. Come to Lincoln, and that is now frowned upon and you are ticketed. Further, there are states where it is legal. Again, I know it's illegal in the NCAA and NFL, but a kids experience with it can sometimes be tough to change.

I've brought up that Frost is beyond tired of it in the thread about a week ago. Falling on deaf ears apparently. Whole team gonna feel the wrath on this one me thinks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back