• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Myles Farmer latest devils lettuce citation recipient

I interpreted his post to as being high before a game (like smoking a bit before heading to the stadium) Dont know about halflife and such, but do know it is longer than booze.

So, I was playing right guard on a semi pro team back in the mid 90's and there was a guy on the team who liked the weed and showed up to a home game one week clearly wasted. He never played however, and probably figured what the hell I won't see the field anyway (he was like the seventh receiver). Turns out we were up huge in the second half and a couple guys went down with knees so this guy ended up going in the game, although just to block or stand there because we were running out the clock in the mid third quarter. He ended up getting a concussion and almost blew his knee out on consecutive plays and we never saw him again after that week.

Not a good idea to be impaired going into a game (at ANY level). I know no one is suggesting this, but I would be totally shocled if any of these kids ever tried this, on any team.

After the game, ok I am guilty of sitting in my tub with (multiple) Miller Lite(s) and several pain killers back in the day, but that's a story for another time!

I've said it 1000 times, these kids are in a fishbowl, like it or not, and knowing something will tarnish the team and doing it anyway, is absurd. They have their whole lives to fire up the bong, drink beers, whatever, but in the NU fishbowl it has to stop.

wow... :Facepalm:God only knows how many of these kids are failing drug tests and NOT getting caught by the police.

When it first started, I thought meh, this stuff probably happens with most teams. The sheer number of kids we've had caught and cited for it though seems absurdly high (no pun intended).

Perhaps the problem is this new generation lacks the ability to engage in marginal behavior discreetly. :cool: A couple of them were caught because they figured the best way to discreetly relax with their smoke was to make sure to fill their dorm room with the unmistakable stench of weed. Another one was caught because a player thought it was a good idea to drive around on a suspended license with a missing license plate.

This last one is a little unclear as the facts haven't come out yet.

For a team running schemes that rely on misdirection, this may not be a good sign.

Last edited:

Perhaps the problem is this new generation lacks the ability to engage in marginal behavior discreetly. :cool: A couple of them were caught because they figured the best way to discreetly relax with their smoke was to make sure to fill their dorm room with the unmistakable stench of weed. Another one was caught because a player thought it was a good idea to drive around on a suspended license with a missing license plate.

This last one is a little unclear as the facts haven't come out yet.

For a team running schemes that rely on misdirection, this may not be a good sign.

We definitely have some guys who don't think very well. Maybe an IQ test in addition to the 40 yard dash is called for in recruiting? Joking, but just sort of.

I interpreted his post to as being high before a game (like smoking a bit before heading to the stadium) Dont know about halflife and such, but do know it is longer than booze.
IT stays in your system way longer but the actual effects where off in a hour or two. Depending on body mass and amount you smoke or ingest. Not to mention some of the THC levels are getting crazy high. Which could really mess up someone who never does it.

Alcohol is legal at 21. Marijuana never is. NCAA and Nebraska aren’t testing for alcohol use.
Other than giving everyone a breathalyzer every morning you really can’t test for alcohol use. But my question was isn’t a MIP also against the law? Considering that person would be under 21. Regardless it’s against team rules and NCAA rules so I agree with you. Hopefully Frost punishes them all to get this point across.

I read on a pay article that a leadership council is in the works. Of course year one, week one of the council, it will take them some time to find their legs, too. It seems that at least one item on their agenda is becoming pretty clear.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back