• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Myles Farmer latest devils lettuce citation recipient

Not much if anything coach can do, if he wants to field a team. SF knew that if he made a major statement by letting someone go, he’d have to do it several times. He is probably aware how many smokers are on the team. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out what would happen to recruiting if we axed kids for mj. Don’t know how you guys expect these “kids” to quit if the worst that can happen is to take jabs from over-the-hill message boarders. I doubt the individuals involved feel it is detrimental to their performance. I’m guessing Wandale and Maurice made it to where they are smoking dope. They probably think they are PEDs.

I know 2 kids playing trumpet in the Husker Marching Band, that may have some eligibility left. Hope theres time left to still include them in the roster. At this rate we'll need a few more players.

Would we react the same if it was MIP? (Or MIC)

Both are against team rules.

Is one broken rule worse than the other?

Would it be different if they were 21?

Interesting times indeed....
College students smoking pot isn't going to go away anymore than college kids pounding a few Bud Lights at a frat party is going to go away. The same thing was happening 45 years ago when I was in college.

Other than giving everyone a breathalyzer every morning you really can’t test for alcohol use. But my question was isn’t a MIP also against the law? Considering that person would be under 21. Regardless it’s against team rules and NCAA rules so I agree with you. Hopefully Frost punishes them all to get this point across.
There's an 80 hour alcohol urine test. It picks up metabolites the body produces from drinking. Not that I'm saying they should do this...

Some enterprising person must be "dime-ing" these kids out? Getting nailed in the dorms is beyond stupid at this point in time. I don't know about other teams but I really don't care about other teams either. Frost is going to need to drop the hammer because we're going to be noted for something we really don't want to be noted for............. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'd like to see Frost show that he isn't a win at all costs coach. But the statements I read in an article yesterday suggested to me that Frost is addressing this issue with little to no punishment. If that's the case, then here we area .... next player in trouble.

Let alone the fact that Mo hasn't (yet?) been punished at all -- even with multiple strikes. Disgusting.

I'll wait to see how this all plays out prior to the season, but as of now, I'm extremely disappointed in Frost. Don't let the inmates run the asylum all in the sake of winning.

Last edited:
I read on a pay article that a leadership council is in the works. Of course year one, week one of the council, it will take them some time to find their legs, too. It seems that at least one item on their agenda is becoming pretty clear.
I love that but don't think that's the solution here. This is too big and urgent. Yes, peer pressure from other players needs to be used but I think Frost has to give all the players the need and authority to police each other starting today. You want the dope smokers to be afraid to smoke, or at least to cut way back and when they do to look out for each other so they don't get caught. I think it was *** who said it first, punish everyone. I would do it with something really annoying and memorable and sustained enough to make everyone hate anyone who keeps doing it, or at least the next guy that gets caught.

Last edited:
dope slows reaction time. will some of these guys be standing/ looking around as the wisconsin rb flys by them play after play. i think we have had this problem for some time. not the only problem but one of them. the difference in making a play at this level and allowing a big gainer gets mighty thin at this level. clear thinking and talent will win over doped/cloudy or hungover talent for a majority of these young men now and in their futures. aw well.

I doubt they're toking during the game, and I've seen no study that indicates this is a side effect. If you have one, I would be glad to read it.

mri and cat scans of young adults (late teen/early 20s) show signicant lack of developement in frontal brain area of frequent pot smokers. frontal brain is the area of the brain known to involve decision making. those who dont start smoking regular/daily pot until their mid twenties dont have a significant difference in mri and cat scans. now do some individuals seem not to have any noticible problems, sure. do some people seem to get caught?

lol, I doubt these athletes come anywhere close to the level of use described in the studies. It is also still unknown if the changes are permanent or temporary.

I will 100% agree if your high during a game it will slow you down! I may have misunderstood that part of the post. I just wish they would realize they are getting a free education and to not jeopardize that.

I doubt anyone at the University works harder for that "free" education than athletes.

Not much if anything coach can do, if he wants to field a team. SF knew that if he made a major statement by letting someone go, he’d have to do it several times. He is probably aware how many smokers are on the team. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out what would happen to recruiting if we axed kids for mj. Don’t know how you guys expect these “kids” to quit if the worst that can happen is to take jabs from over-the-hill message boarders. I doubt the individuals involved feel it is detrimental to their performance. I’m guessing Wandale and Maurice made it to where they are smoking dope. They probably think they are PEDs.

this is pretty much it. Smoking weed is so much more prevalent than before and many college campuses don't even bother enforcing the law in regards to weed.

If HCSF wanted to really crack down on this, it would be a big distraction. Best to tell them not to do it, and let them deal with the fines if caught

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back