• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Myles Farmer latest devils lettuce citation recipient

dope slows reaction time. will some of these guys be standing/ looking around as the wisconsin rb flys by them play after play. i think we have had this problem for some time. not the only problem but one of them. the difference in making a play at this level and allowing a big gainer gets mighty thin at this level. clear thinking and talent will win over doped/cloudy or hungover talent for a majority of these young men now and in their futures. aw well.

dope slows reaction time. will some of these guys be standing/ looking around as the wisconsin rb flys by them play after play. i think we have had this problem for some time. not the only problem but one of them. the difference in making a play at this level and allowing a big gainer gets mighty thin at this level. clear thinking and talent will win over doped/cloudy or hungover talent for a majority of these young men now and in their futures. aw well.
Yup, was always wondering about the slow starts under Riley, maybe out of their system after the first half.:O O:

Sorry but this is ridiculous. Maybe if they are stoned while playing it might slow them up. The NBA released something a few years ago showing a very high number of these guys smoke weed. Lots and lots of top athletes are smoking weed. I know people in all professions that do it. A lot of them are some of the top employees at their respective companies. Hell I’ve known a few cops that smoked it. I can guarantee you a ton of firefighters smoke it and do worse. Anyone who drinks alcohol and judges people who smoke weed is an idiot. Public sentiment is changing finally after all these years. THank god! I don’t care if they all want to do it. It’s no worse than the many many athletes that drank in the Devaney and Osborne years.

Not saying it's ok, but you realize this is the offseason, right?

Seems to me like some seniors need to start hazing the snot out of some dummies. A couple weeks out and still dont have their crap together....unreal.....

This was my thought too. Accountability for illegal use/possession of marijuana needs to come from the upperclassmen as well as the coaches. Not that I condone hazing, just... accountability.

Need to relax Nebraska law, the toughest in the nation. Just follow Oklahoma path. On paper, "medical" MJ law but honestly, recreational purpose. Marijuana licenses (users) are a little bit easier to obtain ... very little barriers for "patients" (no doctor required). Right now, +150,000 Okie people approved license to buy legal marijuana. Also approved +3,000 licenses for growers, +1,500 licenses for dispensaries and 1000 licenses for processors.

Four blocks away from my house (Norman OK). You noticed drive-thru window? o_O.
"Cheeseburger w/tomato, french fries, malt and weed" ;):Biggrin:
KPW77yX.png

https://kfor.com/2019/06/26/one-year-in-oklahoma-medical-marijuana-user-numbers-top-states/

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/the-honeypot-shop

Last edited:
mri and cat scans of young adults (late teen/early 20s) show signicant lack of developement in frontal brain area of frequent pot smokers. frontal brain is the area of the brain known to involve decision making. those who dont start smoking regular/daily pot until their mid twenties dont have a significant difference in mri and cat scans. now do some individuals seem not to have any noticible problems, sure. do some people seem to get caught?

Sorry but this is ridiculous. Maybe if they are stoned while playing it might slow them up. The NBA released something a few years ago showing a very high number of these guys smoke weed. Lots and lots of top athletes are smoking weed. I know people in all professions that do it. A lot of them are some of the top employees at their respective companies. Hell I’ve known a few cops that smoked it. I can guarantee you a ton of firefighters smoke it and do worse. Anyone who drinks alcohol and judges people who smoke weed is an idiot. Public sentiment is changing finally after all these years. THank god! I don’t care if they all want to do it. It’s no worse than the many many athletes that drank in the Devaney and Osborne years.

While I agree that societal norms are changing, at this time it's still illegal. I maintain, with an outside's perspective, that if someone is in a big-time sports program and they do something that they KNOW is against both team and NCAA rules, and they KNOW it's also against the law, and they KNOW it's going to have a negative impact on the team and program if they get caught... They are a selfish jackwagon in need of a serious attitude adjustment. This is true for mj, underage drinking, disorderly conduct, whatever.

Just my opinion.

I interpreted his post to as being high before a game (like smoking a bit before heading to the stadium) Dont know about halflife and such, but do know it is longer than booze.

Last edited:

I interpreted his post to as being high before a game (like smoking a bit before heading to the stadium) Dont know about halflife and such, but do know it is longer than booze.
I will 100% agree if your high during a game it will slow you down! I may have misunderstood that part of the post. I just wish they would realize they are getting a free education and to not jeopardize that.

While I agree that societal norms are changing, at this time it's still illegal. I maintain, with an outside's perspective, that if someone is in a big-time sports program and they do something that they KNOW is against both team and NCAA rules, and they KNOW it's also against the law, and they KNOW it's going to have a negative impact on the team and program if they get caught... They are a selfish jackwagon in need of a serious attitude adjustment. This is true for mj, underage drinking, disorderly conduct, whatever.

Just my opinion.
I probably went off the subject in my post. We can debate marijuana laws in the forum. You are right if it’s against the rules they shouldn’t do it. I worked for a company that drug tested. I was there ten years. I followed company policy. I did that because I enjoyed getting paid.

Would we react the same if it was MIP? (Or MIC)

Both are against team rules.

Is one broken rule worse than the other?

Would it be different if they were 21?

Interesting times indeed....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back