• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MW was suspended first half

This is borderline hysterical. What the heck do you think affects the choices he makes? I’m guessing you aren’t cutting him any slack because you had a similar upbringing to Mo. I grew up middle class with both parents who paid for my college education. That is probably why I don’t understand MW as well as you do. The following link will lead you to something that will read like your biography except Maurice will appear where your name should.

C

That isn’t what I’m telling you, but it is what you choose to hear.
Sidebar: “genetics” refers to the DNA both parents contribute. And, it IS possible that they didn’t provide Mo with a brain that can differentiate right from wrong. It happens. I am not saying that is what happened in this case.
He can be taught right from wrong. Who is teaching him? He missed the chance for it to be his dad. He may be making the wrong choices by choice, in an attempt for attention or help. He seems to be messed up for reasons I won’t begin to guess. I will not judge him because he isn’t strong enough to overcome his difficult start. I’m guessing you are holding him to your high standard and he hasn’t proven to be as good a human being as you are. Some of us won’t be.

C

Last edited:
I was highly defensive of him early in the year. He has had nearly 2 years under Frost and still continues to make bad choices. No one is a product of their genetics or environment. They are a product of their choices. I hope he turns it around, but he's had numerous opportunities and continues to piss on them. That's on him and no one else.

We'd be in 100% agreement if you change 'No one' to 'Everyone is a product of their genetics or environment'. The rest of the post I agree with.

We all grow up with different sets of values instilled, or maybe not instilled in us by our parents and those around us. I don't understand his choices because I was raised by a hard working middle class mother and father who instilled in me their values and the framework that has become my 'Flow chart' for life. Not everyone has that and it shows. What you or I would look at as a golden opportunity and something to be cherished, protected and taken advantage of to it's full benefit, may be completely misunderstood, undervalued and taken for granted by someone else. As to when he has to stand on his own, that's a tough one too. He spent most of his life in an environment that created the 18 year old he was when he arrived in Lincoln. Two years under Frost isn't going to change all of that because Frost isn't tutoring him individually. Ultimately Mo is going to be judged by his choices and yes, he's an adult and those choices are now his to deal with, but he really is a product of his environment, as are we all.

I already made clear my stance on Mo. Frost has taken a much more forgiving, lenient approach than I would have. And to date, it seems apparent Mo isn't respecting the amazing opportunity and forgiveness he has been given. Not good.

While the depth and experience he provides at the position is valuable, he really looks like the 3rd best back on the team when he does play.
Agree that his attitude isn't where it should be, but 3rd best back? He's by far the best back we have. I hope he sees the light at the end of the tunnel but have my doubt.

I will add a little food for thought here. Maybe he was pissed not because they sat him. Maybe it was because, as he was suspended he was watching Wandale become a hero doing things that he would have been asked to do if he was in there. Sometimes when you are a screw up and you see another taking advantage of the opportunity you gave up. It really pisses you off. Often you are not pissed off at them or your coach/boss. You are pissed at yourself. The physical manifestation of that anger towards yourself is often viewed by others as you not taking responsibility because you are mad at the coach. I was once in a similar position with one of my Marines. I asked him "Not sure why you are mad at me when you screwed up. " Kid told me. "Gunny I am not pissed at you, I am pissed at myself. You have backed me up and tried to help me. I keep screwing it up. "

We have to remember that Maurice is only 19 years old. Some actions are inexcusable, regardless of age, and others are a byproduct of immaturity. I simply can’t hold Mo, or anyone in their teens to the same standards as myself in my 30s, or to the standards of my peers who are even older than that.

If I had a $1 for every dumb thing I did in college, I wouldn’t have to work today, and I would expect the same could be said about the majority of those on this board as well.

Is this a rhetorical question? Seriously?
What he did may make him a jerk or an A**hole it does not make him a thug. Thug is generally a derogatory term used for gang members and hardened criminals. Not sure that he has done anything to gain that title. The closest description might be stalker. Just not sure you understand the terminology you are using.

That is a tough story to read. I have sympathy for a 7 year old who is forced to face the death of his father. I empathize with a young man who has made both bad and good decisions in his journey to adulthood.

Had I read this story during the recruiting phase I would have admired his determination and effort. Since I read it after all the other riff-raff has surfaced I question whether he ran through high schools to get to the nfl or whether he ran from high schools to keep his nfl dream alive. I suspect the answer will come at the end of the season if he enters the transfer portal or not.

The kid has ***** up more than once, and that is a fact. But I have no idea what he did to deserve the most recent suspension. I'm thinking it was a minor infraction (i.e., skipped class, was late for meeting/practice), and if that's the case, I'm not asking for his head. I truly believe if it was more serious, then he would already be suspended (indefinitely) considering his track record.

Does he need to grow up and make the right choices, yes he does. But every kid struggles with certain things and every kid is unique with different levels of maturity. Scott is trying to help Mo and stick to the promise he makes to every kid and his parent(s)/guardian(s)...and that is to be his father figure when he is on campus. In the end, I'll give up on Mo when Scott does as he knows the kid and his situation a helluva lot better than any armchair quarterback on a message board.

Last edited:
This is borderline hysterical. What the heck do you think affects the choices he makes? I’m guessing you aren’t cutting him any slack because you had a similar upbringing to Mo. I grew up middle class with both parents who paid for my college education. That is probably why I don’t understand MW as well as you do. The following link will lead you to something that will read like your biography except Maurice will appear where your name should.

So are you telling me that if a human being is raised in a bad environment and with the wrong "genetics" (whatever that means), that they can't know right from wrong or be taught how to make good choices? Is that what you're telling me?
[/QUOTE]
There are literally millions of examples. https://www.biography.com/actor/terry-crews
Terry Crews was raised by an alcoholic and used his football platform to become a successful actor. I live in PG county MD Many people go from living in government housing to million dollar McMansions in the suburbs surrounding DC.

Agree that his attitude isn't where it should be, but 3rd best back? He's by far the best back we have. I hope he sees the light at the end of the tunnel but have my doubt.
he is a 1 trick pony right now. Dont get me wrong...that one trick can be spectacular...but he is useless between the tackles and when in doubt tries to bounce it outside when usually he should just take the 3 or 4 yards turning it upfield would provide. Again SOMETIMES it works but usually not. Additionally, he is fragile so you can't count on a full game.

If he had his crap in a pile I'd be a big fan...as it is...bye.

Is this a rhetorical question? Seriously?
Nope. Seriously. The Peter brothers were thugs and we all exalt them. This kid had a video of a girl having sex. I'm sure he had no idea it was illegal. Now there is some undisclosed issue that kept him out of the first half of the game. We have no idea what it is but he is now a thug. Johnny Rogers committed armed robbery and now he is a Husker hero.

Nope. Seriously. The Peter brothers were thugs and we all exalt them. This kid had a video of a girl having sex. I'm sure he had no idea it was illegal. Now there is some undisclosed issue that kept him out of the first half of the game. We have no idea what it is but he is now a thug. Johnny Rogers committed armed robbery and now he is a Husker hero.
Funny how many make players of games....Hero's

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back