• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MW was suspended first half

Nope. Seriously. The Peter brothers were thugs and we all exalt them. This kid had a video of a girl having sex. I'm sure he had no idea it was illegal. Now there is some undisclosed issue that kept him out of the first half of the game. We have no idea what it is but he is now a thug. Johnny Rogers committed armed robbery and now he is a Husker hero.
Great points. I dont understand, as I said above, why we are giving up on him as fans. Frost is trying to help him grow. Hes not a lost cause at this point.
I have more respect for MO W than Christian Peter at this point, though as you mentioned, hes probably beloved by the same fans that already want to cruicify MO

Last edited:
I dont see why we give up on him as fans.
Hes a young kid. Hes in the p;rocess of learning from these coaches how to become a man. He didnt learn this in his background. He can come around and Im hopefull he will
I don't know if fans are giving up on him as much as giving up on his poor choices. As you note HCSF is still working with him so as fans we have to accept that. I would respectfully note that he is not a kid. He is a young man who is making immature decisions playing for a school that has "paid" him an immense amount of money on condition he make mature decisions.

Why don't you tell us what's wrong with him since you are "done" with him. I don't remember SF sharing any specifics on the most recent suspension...it could be as simple as skipping a few classes. Not sure why everyone is writing this kid off over this, we knew he was a head case when we were recruiting him.
If he can’t respond to HCSF and his assistant coaches after a year and a half in the program I’m not sure where he’d do better. I am sure he’s been given every opportunity on and off the field and yes he came to Nebraska with baggage but I am sure he’s been given everything possible to succeed. Hopefully a teammate can help him through his problems but Frost can only do so much. There are thousands of young men in high school in the same predicament that aren’t getting any of the help he’s getting hopefully he’ll see the light. If he fails to make the trip to Minnesota it could be the end of his Husker career.

he is a 1 trick pony right now. Dont get me wrong...that one trick can be spectacular...but he is useless between the tackles and when in doubt tries to bounce it outside when usually he should just take the 3 or 4 yards turning it upfield would provide. Again SOMETIMES it works but usually not. Additionally, he is fragile so you can't count on a full game.

If he had his crap in a pile I'd be a big fan...as it is...bye.
2019 Rush Att. Is 44, YPC is 6.3
11 Rec 14.3
We have someone else doing that?

What he did may make him a jerk or an A**hole it does not make him a thug. Thug is generally a derogatory term used for gang members and hardened criminals. Not sure that he has done anything to gain that title. The closest description might be stalker. Just not sure you understand the terminology you are using.
You're right. Thug was not the proper word to use. My bad on that.

I'm worried about him; but, I am rooting for him to turn it around. Usually, when a player transfers for attitude/discipline issues, they just follow the player to the next team. I hope he works it out, here or elsewhere.
And sometimes they grow up and realize what they have lost and they turn things around. See Dedrick Mills.

If he can’t respond to HCSF and his assistant coaches after a year and a half in the program I’m not sure where he’d do better. I am sure he’s been given every opportunity on and off the field and yes he came to Nebraska with baggage but I am sure he’s been given everything possible to succeed. Hopefully a teammate can help him through his problems but Frost can only do so much. There are thousands of young men in high school in the same predicament that aren’t getting any of the help he’s getting hopefully he’ll see the light. If he fails to make the trip to Minnesota it could be the end of his Husker career.
What inside information do you have that makes this situation seem so terminal? If he fails, he fails...big deal. But, until then I'm still rooting for him.

I am too but listening to Frost it doesn’t look promising...he needs to get his act together.
What in SF's post-game statement (see below), creates this huge concern about MW? Or, has SF said more this week?
============
SF:
"I held him out of the first half because of internal things and rules. You know Mo is such a special player but we need to be able to rely on him all the time and that was my decision to hold him out of the first half"

We have to remember that Maurice is only 19 years old. Some actions are inexcusable, regardless of age, and others are a byproduct of immaturity. I simply can’t hold Mo, or anyone in their teens to the same standards as myself in my 30s, or to the standards of my peers who are even older than that.

If I had a $1 for every dumb thing I did in college, I wouldn’t have to work today, and I would expect the same could be said about the majority of those on this board as well.
Excellent post! We have so many holyier than thou arm chair psychologists yammering about Mo it's really mind boggling. Kid gets held out the first half of a game and folks start tossing around pejoratives like "thug". Obvoiusly Mo is immature but so are millions of other kids at his age so big deal.

IMO no one is closer or knows more about the situation with Mo then HCSF who without question will do the best thing for Mo and the team. I hate seeing this kid getting labeled/smeared because he's had some personal issues that need to be corrected.

He's been held out of the 1st half TWICE now, and that's after his California legal issues and after being cited for marijuana possession. He's a problem. He's not a thug, and I stated a few posts ago that was the wrong word for me to use. Still, he's a problem and is not making good choices for himself or the team. HCSF said it was on MW to respond the correct way. If he does, then I'll hope he gets his life straitened out and his attitude in the program fixed. If he doesn't, then I think he's probably done as a member of the Huskers.

He's been held out of the 1st half TWICE now, and that's after his California legal issues and after being cited for marijuana possession. He's a problem. He's not a thug, and I stated a few posts ago that was the wrong word for me to use. Still, he's a problem and is not making good choices for himself or the team. HCSF said it was on MW to respond the correct way. If he does, then I'll hope he gets his life straitened out and his attitude in the program fixed. If he doesn't, then I think he's probably done as a member of the Huskers.
To be accurate Mo was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia. That's different then possession of marijuana. Just saying........

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back