• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Must Read: Very Interesting Analysis Of The Transfer Portal

He was third when he left, he couldnt add more yds after he left?
You are arguing me on what the kid may or may not have been for Clemson. I care about results. The fact is he ended with the 7th best yardage for RB on their team. Do you know who had the 7th most yards for a RB on Nebraska's team this year? Literally no one, we actually only had 5 RBs with yardage and that fifth guy was Cooper Jewett. They were two more guys deep than that, and he was a five star that you are trying to compare to Nebraska.

The fact you don't understand what i'm saying and how it's not even close to us is fitting for today.

Well it's Groundhog Day - GIF on Imgur

He was third when he left, he couldnt add more yds after he left?
Youre not following the story, which is fine, but he quit game 2 went portal, at the time was 3rd in yds,left to go back home.
It happens, no ones calling for trends and keeping a Dabo watch

I get what you're saying, but the reason nobody bats an eye is Clemson is winning, and NU isn't. If NU was 5-3 last year, and WR and LM still transfer, the noise is much quieter.

I get what you're saying, but the reason nobody bats an eye is Clemson is winning, and NU isn't. If NU was 5-3 last year, and WR and LM still transfer, the noise is much quieter.
Agreed. If we were were winning the Big10 West, and competing for the Big10 championships, we could have 50 in the portal and I would be fine with it. And, Dabo has proven he can sustain winning football, and winning has a way of keeping a lot of people happy. :)

Last edited:

Exactly, and we all get that. But losing a kid like this isnt a seventh in rushing kid, even at Clemson.
Stats in context always better than not.
but whatever, we need to win

No other program has lost their leading WR (and arguably most dynamic playmaker) to the transfer portal in consecutive seasons. The mental gymnastics some are going through to make this about anything other than Scott Frost are astounding.

The guy has done a crap job of leading the program so far. It's the least controversial opinion I've ever had on Huskermax. It's no different than saying Game of Thrones season 8 sucked, because it did. Season 3 of Scott Frost sucked.

He can still turn it around, and he's going to get every opportunity. There is no chance he will get fired until it's clear beyond all reasonable doubt that he's not up to the task.

No other program has lost their leading WR (and arguably most dynamic playmaker) to the transfer portal in consecutive seasons. The mental gymnastics some are going through to make this about anything other than Scott Frost are astounding.

The guy has done a crap job of leading the program so far. It's the least controversial opinion I've ever had on Huskermax. It's no different than saying Game of Thrones season 8 sucked, because it did. Season 3 of Scott Frost sucked.

He can still turn it around, and he's going to get every opportunity. There is no chance he will get fired until it's clear beyond all reasonable doubt that he's not up to the task.
And still, I'd swap out WR or JD for the kid that transferred out of Clemson..
Though,not sure that was dabos fault that he left. But if some make sure it was, it must be so.

As for SF, yea, hes not done good, and hes behind the 8 ball and needs to win. I wonder who doesnt think that?
Maybe some 7th best rb from Clemson?

Last edited:
And still, I'd swap out WR or JD for the kid that transferred out of Clemson..
Though,not sure that was dabos fault that he left. But if some make sure it was, it must be so.

As for SF, yea, hes not done good, and hes behind the 8 ball and needs to win. I wonder who doesnt think that?
Maybe some 7th best rb from Clemson?

I can't make sense out of your first couple of sentences. We'll disagree on Scott's performance evaluation. I think a significant portion of the fan base believes that most of what's occurred over the past few years is not on Frost but simply circumstantial. He inherited a mess and football is just changing.

The Tweet in the OP and this thread are great examples. The consensus is that WR/JD leaving is something that happens everywhere. Frost had no control over it, and it's part of the game now. I disagree and think that it's predominately if not squarely on Frost. He could have done many things differently to give those kids reasons to stay, not the least of which is playing in a bowl game when the competitors on your team want to play.

I can't make sense out of your first couple of sentences. We'll disagree on Scott's performance evaluation. I think a significant portion of the fan base believes that most of what's occurred over the past few years is not on Frost but simply circumstantial. He inherited a mess and football is just changing.

The Tweet in the OP and this thread are great examples. The consensus is that WR/JD leaving is something that happens everywhere. Frost had no control over it, and it's part of the game now. I disagree and think that it's predominately if not squarely on Frost. He could have done many things differently to give those kids reasons to stay, not the least of which is playing in a bowl game when the competitors on your team want to play.
WR is Wandale Robinson
JD is Spielman

SF has admitted to several mistakes. Some of those mistakes were about losing certain players, I just dont think JD or Wandale were one of them.
Not going bowling was a learning process mistake, in an exceptional year, I get the why, I get the result, but I dont get why he didnt think it through, though, we wouldnt have had a chance had other teams chosen not to go as well.
I would switch out either jD or Wandale for the kid from Clemson who also went back home to Florida to his family, like Wandale did.
Hes going to give the gators what theyve been lacking.

I think giving SF more time, let him learn on the job, is needed but he needs to win this year.

Oh, he wasnt a 7th team rb either, that kid from Clemson, he was a true frosh, played 2 games, at the time, 3rdon the team, behind Etienne and a senior and the planned heir apparent to Etienne, and reminded Dabo of CJ Spiller, a definate upgrade for either JD or Wandale, and he could actually have plenty of room for another 5-10 pounds

WR is Wandale Robinson
JD is Spielman

SF has admitted to several mistakes. Some of those mistakes were about losing certain players, I just dont think JD or Wandale were one of them.
Not going bowling was a learning process mistake, in an exceptional year, I get the why, I get the result, but I dont get why he didnt think it through, though, we wouldnt have had a chance had other teams chosen not to go as well.
I would switch out either jD or Wandale for the kid from Clemson who also went back home to Florida to his family, like Wandale did.
Hes going to give the gators what theyve been lacking.

I think giving SF more time, let him learn on the job, is needed but he needs to win this year.

Oh, he wasnt a 7th team rb either, that kid from Clemson, he was a true frosh, played 2 games, at the time, 3rdon the team, behind Etienne and a senior and the planned heir apparent to Etienne, and reminded Dabo of CJ Spiller, a definate upgrade for either JD or Wandale, and he could actually have plenty of room for another 5-10 pounds

In all likelihood he was going to still be 2nd on the depth chart in 2021, though he would have played a lot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back