• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Must Read: Very Interesting Analysis Of The Transfer Portal

Yep. I know we’ve discussed it a ton but man there are a number of little things that just need cleaned up and we’d be so much better. STs, dumb penalties, turnovers. We all know it. Frost does too. Question is, will he fix it? If he wants to keep his job he will.

Yeah, on one hand it's encouraging and on the other it's troubling. If it was one problematic area, maybe even two, you would think that we will clear it up and get over the hump. But all these issues, overall sloppiness and lack of sound execution....does it point to an overall lack of attention to detail and being consistently good at the basics? If so that's a more fundamental across the board type of problem that requires wholesale philosophical shifts in how the program is run. How often do staffs really figure that sort of problem out?

I hope they figure it out. If these guys ever start winning our recruiting is going to go through the roof. Guys are about to finalize a top 25 class during a pandemic with no visits, following a run of losing seasons, in Lincoln, Nebraska. Due to the losing season and air of concern, just how remarkable of a job the staff did in this area has kind of been overlooked.

Maybe "who we want to be has shifted". See the big physical wideouts vs. what he used at UCF. So reading ***'s def of Duck R-which makes sense to me, it is the old wingback in the Osborne days when JR or others would take an inside handoff.

No. Frost was just trying to put positive spin on losing his best offensive player. He’d take him back in a heartbeat.

So the sky is not falling? :Hooray: I can never understand why people get super wrapped up in 18 year olds, most of them are kind of clueless. Times are different than the 90's and kids are wired different today. GBR.

Maybe asked an answered. When a player enters the portal do they stop team activities and if they stop does the scholly also stop or are they given till the end of the semester.

It's always going to be about the core, bought-in group.

We will never be great with Transfer Portal Talent and we will never be undone by kids entering the portal.
We'll miss some of them and we'll benefit from some of them. But I really think the hand-wringing over the portal in terms of who we are losing and who we are gaining is over stated.

Recruit really good high school players. Get as many locally as possible. Coach to your vision and game plan. Then fill in the gaps with transfer portal/juco guys while forgetting about the guys who go as soon as their locker is cleaned out.

Last edited:
The Clemson argument is the worst I’ve seen to try to defend what’s going on in Lincoln. A backup RB who only committed to Clemson because of a family member and that family member died so he transferred. Clemson has 8 people in the portal for 2020 and 2021 and is making the CFP regularly. Nebraska has 32 in the portal over the same time frame and can’t get to a bowl game.

The fact anyone is trying to relate the two teams is laughable. And I’m shocked anyone thinks it’s a “good argument”.
We can agree to disagree. No one is arguing we are in the same boat as Clemson (we wish we were). We are not seeing eye to eye on this and that is ok. In the end we have some issues that even you admit the exact cause is escaping us. Although I hope and prey Frost can figure it out his time is limited, how long only the folks in charge really know. Even though many like to pontificate over this. A lot of experts out there.

So it is SF who has to change his offensive philosophy to the B1G and not the B1G defenses that have to adjust to him.

"I'm hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system to us."

to

"be more who we want to be." after losing the best offensive producer and key type of player for his UCF/Oregon offense.

C

This can't be true though. I've read that Frost is too stubborn to ever make changes.

We can agree to disagree. No one is arguing we are in the same boat as Clemson (we wish we were). We are not seeing eye to eye on this and that is ok. In the end we have some issues that even you admit the exact cause is escaping us. Although I hope and prey Frost can figure it out his time is limited, how long only the folks in charge really know. Even though many like to pontificate over this. A lot of experts out there.
Why did you reply to my post about how awful the Clemson argument was, say that we will need to agree to disagree, then in the same post say, "no one is arguing we are in the same boat as Clemson"?

I'm having trouble understanding what we are disagreeing on if you truly believe that Clemson argument carried basically zero similarities to us like you stated.

Last edited:
So you think Clemson losing one five star and 4 guys total is similar to our situation? I refuse to agree to disagree on this. Anyone that thinks that is not smart.
Since that was never the point, but your conclusion.
Point is, Clemson loses top players too.
It doesnt fit the poor coaching, losing record scenario, but it does fit a kid wanting to leave to be closer to his family.
So, conflating losing a kid with a similar situation to being/having bad coaches, or losing isnt the only plausible explanation.

Since that was never the point, but your conclusion.
Point is, Clemson loses top players too.
It doesnt fit the poor coaching, losing record scenario, but it does fit a kid wanting to leave to be closer to his family.
So, conflating losing a kid with a similar situation to being/having bad coaches, or losing isnt the only plausible explanation.
Clemson loses top players and backfills with top players. But that "top player" had nine total carries for them. Do you see me mad that Jaylin Bradley was in the portal? That's the difference. I've actually applauded us getting rid of backups.

I'm starting to realize why we aren't on the same page here. You think "top player" means highly rated which isn't what I mean. I was happy our four star Jahkeem Green was moving on . "Top Player" for me is a starter and a producer. Wan'Dale Robinson, JD Spielman, etc.

Last edited:

Clemson loses top players and backfills with top players. But that "top player" had nine total carries for them. Do you see me mad that Jaylin Bradley was in the portal? That's the difference. I've actually applauded us getting rid of backups.
Really?
A first year frosh is third in carries after two games?
So hes some washed up hack?
OK, now Bradleys comparable to a five star
Please,an heir apparent, Dabos words, not mine, true frosh, second game, a 'back up' kid that couldnt beat out a guy that came back an extra year to play rb and likely a first day pick in the NFL.
I sure hope hes a back up

here
Bowman was third on the team in rushing with nine carries for 32 yards. Swinney compared the talented freshman to former Clemson star C.J. Spiller. He was being counted on being the heir apparent to Travis Etienne after he leaves for the NFL after this season.
3rd rated rb, 20th top player

Last edited:
Really?
A first year frosh is third in carries after two games?
So hes some washed up hack?
OK, now Bradleys comparable to a five star
Please,an heir apparent, Dabos words, not mine, true frosh, second game, a 'back up' kid that couldnt beat out a guy that came back an extra year to play rb and likely a first day pick in the NFL.
I sure hope hes a back up
You gathered that I said washed up hack from that? He's a freshman.

I'm telling you that the RB for Clemson that had the 7th most yards for a RB on the team (yes... the guy you are trying to tell me how big of a loss he is had 6 RBs in front of him for yardage) is not even close to the same as us losing our top producer in 2019 and 2020. Lyn'J Dixon is the replacement this year, they had a freshman that had twice as many carries and twice as many yards than the guy transferring out, and they had a sophomore as well with more.

What i'm telling you is.... i'm sure Clemson is ok. This isn't us losing Wan'Dale, or JD.

Last edited:

You gathered that I said washed up hack from that? He's a freshman.

I'm telling you that the RB for Clemson that had the 7th most yards for a RB on the team (yes... he had 6 RBs in front of him for yardage) is not even close to the same as us losing our top producer in 2019 and 2020. Lyn'J Dixon is the replacement this year, they had a freshman that had twice as many carries and twice as many yards than the guy transferring out, and they had a sophomore as well with more.

What i'm telling you is.... i'm sure Clemson is ok. This isn't us losing Wan'Dale, or JD.
He was third when he left, he couldnt add more yds after he left?
Youre not following the story, which is fine, but he quit game 2 went portal, at the time was 3rd in yds,left to go back home.
It happens, no ones calling for trends and keeping a Dabo watch

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back