• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Must Read: Very Interesting Analysis Of The Transfer Portal

I'm just going by what has been said on here lately. If you disagree with that, direct that to the people who said it.

GNT

Nation the notwist playing piano GIF - Find on GIFER

C

There’s more to the JD thing than Frost. It sucks losing contributors but really these guys aren’t irreplaceable.
Yes, I don't blame Frost for the JD transfer. Then look at the impact he had at TCU ..... I think he would have had a great senior year at Nebraska, but there were some issues between the coaching staff and how JD conducted himself. It had nothing to do with how routes were run, how many touches, etc. It was a behavior issue according to several of my sources, who I know to be reliable.

We see these kids at other schools. We just don’t seem to see them here yet. I know I’ve been hard on JD but honestly he’s not a top three round guy to me. He doesn’t have elite speed or size. I’m not saying he’s not good but we should be able to recruit a stud wide receiver some day. Maybe Betts, Manning, or the new transfer??
I will never downplay the loss of someone who probably would be the school's record holder for all time receiving yardage. I hate that he transferred, it was a big loss, but I also don't just blame Frost either.

I will never downplay the loss of someone who probably would be the school's record holder for all time receiving yardage. I hate that he transferred, it was a big loss, but I also don't just blame Frost either.
He would have definitely helped Nebraska. I don’t want to downplay his achievements but I also don’t want to pretend like he was better than he really was. He’s a good second or third option at receiver. Really good slot guy but there are better slot receivers out there. I’m hoping we develop some guys with a higher ceiling.

Yes, I don't blame Frost for the JD transfer. Then look at the impact he had at TCU ..... I think he would have had a great senior year at Nebraska, but there were some issues between the coaching staff and how JD conducted himself. It had nothing to do with how routes were run, how many touches, etc. It was a behavior issue according to several of my sources, who I know to be reliable.
I’ve heard the exact same things.

I saw this the other day it is a great read.
Yep it’s a very good read. This article made the rounds in another thread but good to share here also. I think this is just where things are this season. As others have pointed out it may slow down in the future. Once these kids see that everyone isn’t guaranteed a landing spot.

Why did you reply to my post about how awful the Clemson argument was, say that we will need to agree to disagree, then in the same post say, "no one is arguing we are in the same boat as Clemson"?

I'm having trouble understanding what we are disagreeing on if you truly believe that Clemson argument carried basically zero similarities to us like you stated.
I guess did a pour job here. We all agree that NU has issues to resolve. I am agreeing to disagree with notion that the Clemson RB is a pour comparison. We simply see it differently...no big deal to me. In the end NU needs to fix what ever is the root cause on Offense.

I guess did a pour job here. We all agree that NU has issues to resolve. I am agreeing to disagree with notion that the Clemson RB is a pour comparison. We simply see it differently...no big deal to me. In the end NU needs to fix what ever is the root cause on Offense.
I already said the 7th RB for Clemson was a great comparison to us losing Jaylin Bradley. Losing backups and non-contributors is not the problem, i've even stated it to be a good thing. The fact someone used him as an example of Clemson going through anything close to what Nebraska has is laughable, and makes me worry about their delusion of what's really going on.

Nebraska has a Nebraska problem. Everyone in the country is dealing with the transfer portal. But us quoting a backup Clemson transfer for a team that has been in the CFP however many years in a row, has only 8 transfers in 2 years compared to our 32, and thinking it's anything close to what the issue is at Nebraska concerns me. It's like someone bringing up Riley culture in 2020 as an issue. ESPN did a 10 minute segment on how bad our attrition is and us losing our top offensive weapon for the second year in a row. That's unfortunately not the "world we live in with the portal", it's the world Nebraska lives in currently with the portal.

We gotta do better. Clemson is just fine.

Last edited:
I already said the 7th RB for Clemson was a great comparison to us losing Jaylin Bradley. Losing backups and non-contributors is not the problem, i've even stated it to be a good thing. The fact someone used him as an example of Clemson going through anything close to what Nebraska has is laughable, and makes me worry about their delusion of what's really going on.

Nebraska has a Nebraska problem. Everyone in the country is dealing with the transfer portal. But us quoting a backup Clemson transfer for a team that has been in the CFP however many years in a row, has only 8 transfers in 2 years compared to our 32, and thinking it's anything close to what the issue is at Nebraska concerns me. It's like someone bringing up Riley culture in 2020 as an issue. ESPN did a 10 minute segment on how bad our attrition is and us losing our top offensive weapon for the second year in a row. That's unfortunately not the "world we live in with the portal", it's the world Nebraska lives in currently with the portal.

We gotta do better. Clemson is just fine.
Yes,yes you did.
An yes we do

This line of thinking has me absolutely mesmerized and incredibly frustrated. Definition of obtuse.

Lets see how thiss 7th stringer fares first.
Next, it never was Clemson vs us, it was it happens to Clemson too, huge difference.

But again, lets see how this 7th stringer performs, not that someone extended a whole season and compared his only 2 games, but lets just see

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back