• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Morning practices confirmed

Pal last time I checked only 11 at a time were allowed, now if 160 could play at one time we might be a slight favorite over Alabama:Biggrin:
I dont know if that was sarcasm. If it was, then which part was the sarcasm? Some folks out there may not appreciate the subtle advantages the Huskers can gain by having a walk-on program and especially one that will allow multiple practice threads. I am on board and definitely appreciate it. Its gonna be awesome. Yes Sir.

Morning practice schedule is in place for this fall. Frost is getting what he asked for from administration and the Unity of Purpose at the University is beginning to show.

Getting the practice roster up to 160-180 is probably just as imlimport if not more important. Once this happens, watch out. Big Red will be back.
Dont hold your breath on 160-180. And that number isnt key to getting nu "back".

"It is best not to speak of things you do not understand," Fortune Cookie.

If you don't understand the benefits amd significance of a supersized roster to Husker Football you should do some research. Your ignorance is glaring.
Pal this isn't the 90s anymore

Last edited:
I thought Title IX only impacted scholarship $$$ across men’s and women’s sports? I wasn’t aware it affected walk-ons although I’ve been wrong before
As AzHusker stated it is total numbers participating ... not just scholarships. If NU is providing equal number of athletic scholarships but unequal amount of walk-on opportunities that too is a Title IX issue/violation.

As AzHusker stated it is total numbers participating ... not just scholarships. If NU is providing equal number of athletic scholarships but unequal amount of walk-on opportunities that too is a Title IX issue/violation.
Is "opportunities" the key word?

I mean if we say "We want 100 new women's team walkons. Come and sign up!"

But when they don't get that many to actually come and sign up and put in the effort, at least they had the opportunity?

But when they don't get that many to actually come and sign up and put in the effort, at least they had the opportunity?
This is probably a discussion for the Café because it likely takes us places this particular forum (and Red Reign) wouldn't want us to go. How many football walk-ons eventually earn a scholarship ... is there similar numbers in women's sport? Does any particular women's sport have the infrastructure necessary to support unlimited walk-ons?

Add women's field hockey, that right there will get you twenty or so walk ons for football and it isn't that expensive of a sport. Who cares if they aren't any good. Cut men's tennis, there is another 10 or so. See, it isn't that difficult. ;)

Maybe. We need a bureaucrat familiar with federal programs to chime in. “No gender based discrimination “ seems like a fairly low bar, but we don’t know how that gets operationalized.

Maybe. We need a bureaucrat familiar with federal programs to chime in. “No gender based discrimination “ seems like a fairly low bar, but we don’t know how that gets operationalized.
What is the "benefit" to be a walkon?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back