• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan Week Practice Thread: 28 Sept. Coach Rhule

IDK how to interpret this bit of news. Does this mean that the staff is liking what they see at WR and Fleeks is not needed or does it mean the staff is unhappy with the guys backing up Grant and feel they need more experience there?
The RB room got thin in one day, and we only have 2 real backups, and neither have any experience. Fleeks is a 5th or 6th year guy, played the position previously, and seems capable of understanding the offense pretty well, not to mention he's been willing to do whatever is asked. We aren't overly deep at WR, but we've at least got a few younger players who have been getting snaps in our prior 4 games. If we had to plug Fleeks back in at WR, I don't think he'd have any trouble jumping back in that room.

I think Fleeks at RB is great. I was hoping we’d do that with Kemp, but this is a better option. They used him in the backfield plenty at Baylor. Fleeks can make people miss and is faster than Grant and very good catching out of the backfield obviously. I don’t think he’ll do anything between the tackles but if he has a crease he’s gone. I like him as a guy to spell Grant for sure.

I think Fleeks at RB is great. I was hoping we’d do that with Kemp, but this is a better option. They used him in the backfield plenty at Baylor. Fleeks can make people miss and is faster than Grant and very good catching out of the backfield obviously. I don’t think he’ll do anything between the tackles but if he has a crease he’s gone. I like him as a guy to spell Grant for sure.

As I posted earlier, HCMR knows Fleeks well so I have to trust his judgment. Also, if you can believe the hight and weight on the rosters, Fleeks will now be our largest/heaviest scholarship RB. We lost a very capable full bodied back in Gabe and perhaps HCMR was wanting to get another bigger framed RB in the mix to get us through the season.

No choice. I haven't heard much mention of this on the national media, but losing two thirds of your room is devastating.
I did hear how Iowa was struggling temporarily losing two of theirs.
I thought I read that we may have had our FB injured, so that would mean one more experienced guy unavailable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back