• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan Week Practice Thread: 28 Sept. Coach Rhule

This is a terrible philosphy. Embrace it and learn to use it as a tool to help you. Don't fight it, and don't preach against it because (as he says) he can't win against it.

Nebraska must win at NIL. Social media is a critical part of that. It's absolutely crucial to win at NIL (and the portal) given the fact the Huskers have an in-state recruiting base that produces so few P5/Big Ten capable players each year. Once CU rejoins the Big 12, things will get even harder because Deion can sell Nebraska recruits on playing more games closer to home.

Clemson is an example of a team that's fallen behind the times because of Dabo's resistance to the portal. I really hope Nebraska isn't going to fall behind NIL because of Rhule's backward stance on social media.

Roll your eyes all you want, but NIL $$ and the portal talks in CFB now. If you don't win at those, you have to hit on every single recruit (and an increasing number of those are going to be predicated on NIL $$). That's not realistic.
If the goal is to chase money and build individuals but hopefully the goal is to build a team and win championships.

I understand what you are saying about NIL$ and I think NIL is so new and some of the high-flying teams and coaches rushing to leverage it for quick wins will eventually crash and burn. Building off of celebrity status can be amazing but all it takes is one bad post or image.

I hope that the NCAA reigns in the portal...that has gotten out of hand IMO.

Oregon had three games worth of film to digest and they obviously did a great job of expanding on what Nebraska and to a lessor extent, Colorado State did to disrupt. They're much deeper than either of those teams and it showed.

USC up next. They don't have as good a defense, but I suspect the outcome will be another stout CU loss. More coaches conspiring to disrespect priME.
I prefer MEion.

IDK how to interpret this bit of news. Does this mean that the staff is liking what they see at WR and Fleeks is not needed or does it mean the staff is unhappy with the guys backing up Grant and feel they need more experience there?
I would guess they want more RB backup. WR's only matter if you have someone that has time to throw and can throw accurately.

IDK how to interpret this bit of news. Does this mean that the staff is liking what they see at WR and Fleeks is not needed or does it mean the staff is unhappy with the guys backing up Grant and feel they need more experience there?

See my post above

Played RB in HS

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back