• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #16, (L, 65-93), Sat, 1/8 @ RUTGERS, 1 PM CT, BTN-TV (Game Thread/Recap)

Hoiberg is a no show on BTN. Not shocked! I guess he's too embarrassed.
They said he was due on after a commercial. They never commented, when the show was ending. Even he has no answers!

Hoiberg is a no show on BTN. Not shocked! I guess he's too embarrassed.
They said he was due on after a commercial. They never commented, when the show was ending. Even he has no answers!

My guess he is having some serious discussions with his team. And staff. And himself. Probably a good time to skip the media. I’m OK with him missing that interview under the circumstances.

Who do you put in that's going to try harder? You lost two of your three high effort players: Trey McGowans, Wilhelm Breidenbach, CJ Wilcher.

Webster has a lot of energy, but it seems like it's all over the place. Verge plays high-risk/high-reward defense, but it mostly doesn't pay off.

Seeing Ron Harper, Jr playing Bryce McGowans really drives it home: Bryce is not big enough for the Big Ten. Does he put forth the effort and come back bigger? Who knows, he might not come back. In some ways, you don't have to be as developed for the NBA.

The best thing that can happen in the remaining games is that Trey McGowans returns and plays amazing effort defense, which inspires the other guards to play with his intensity. Sharp drives from the guards get open 3 attempts for the shooters, which go down. I doubt that happens... but I'm pretty sure there's a surge left in this team, just to set us up for a huge letdown. Again.

Man, I just can't believe that Nebraska simply cannot put together a good basketball team when I see all of these much smaller schools recruit like champs. I'm like a lot of people on here that thought that Hoiberg would have us competing and making the Dance and it's so disappointing and frustrating that we are nowhere close to such things. Very sad for sure.

Man, I just can't believe that Nebraska simply cannot put together a good basketball team when I see all of these much smaller schools recruit like champs. I'm like a lot of people on here that thought that Hoiberg would have us competing and making the Dance and it's so disappointing and frustrating that we are nowhere close to such things. Very sad for sure.
What I seem to see is, he does not get on their asses during the game! Too late, after the game is long gone! I want some fire out of him, like Tom Izzo displays.

Last edited:

Who do you put in that's going to try harder? You lost two of your three high effort players: Trey McGowans, Wilhelm Breidenbach, CJ Wilcher.

Webster has a lot of energy, but it seems like it's all over the place. Verge plays high-risk/high-reward defense, but it mostly doesn't pay off.

Seeing Ron Harper, Jr playing Bryce McGowans really drives it home: Bryce is not big enough for the Big Ten. Does he put forth the effort and come back bigger? Who knows, he might not come back. In some ways, you don't have to be as developed for the NBA.

The best thing that can happen in the remaining games is that Trey McGowans returns and plays amazing effort defense, which inspires the other guards to play with his intensity. Sharp drives from the guards get open 3 attempts for the shooters, which go down. I doubt that happens... but I'm pretty sure there's a surge left in this team, just to set us up for a huge letdown. Again.
When you are called by the coach to get into the game, play your ass off; and, play like he wants you to play. I am so sick of turnovers (egregious passes!).

disappointing performance yesterday - have thought long & hard & wanted to pen my thoughts for improvement... but they're too numerous & broad. This squad seriously lacks cohesion - has for quite awhile - heck, it's predominantly a new cast each year.

I try real hard to be as supportive as possible for all things Husker ... but wow - DONU mens roundball seems light years from competitiveness - let alone success. :Sign2cents:

disappointing performance yesterday - have thought long & hard & wanted to pen my thoughts for improvement... but they're too numerous & broad. This squad seriously lacks cohesion - has for quite awhile - heck, it's predominantly a new cast each year.

I try real hard to be as supportive as possible for all things Husker ... but wow - DONU mens roundball seems light years from competitiveness - let alone success. :Sign2cents:
We've been told basketball can be turned faster than football due to the roster size.

We've completely changed the roster. Seems we have some talent. I just think back to the end of the previous staff, when we were down to walkons and a football player. That team played with heart, and basketball smart.

This team was put together with a bunch of shooters that take bad shots, almost with impunity

Then sit them all and forfeit the game! You MUST get control even if it means pulling your players and forfeiting the game! This is his team, this is his job, this is his responsibility!

just my opinion

Last edited:

We've been told basketball can be turned faster than football due to the roster size.

We've completely changed the roster. Seems we have some talent. I just think back to the end of the previous staff, when we were down to walkons and a football player. That team played with heart, and basketball smart.

This team was put together with a bunch of shooters that take bad shots, almost with impunity

it is the players fred is selecting.. Just because a player is highly ranked and in the portal doesn't mean he is a good selection.. in my opinion. You need 2 or 3 or 4 star guys that are team players first, players that WANT to listen to their coach, that want to be taught!

Last edited:

Then sit them all and forfeit the game! You MUST get control even if it means pulling your players and forfeiting the game! This is his team, this is his job, this is his responsibility!

just my opinion

it is the players fred is selecting.. Just because a player is highly ranked and in the portal doesn't mean he is a good selection.. in my opinion. You need 2 or 3 off 4 star guys that are team players first, players that WANT to listen to their coach, that want to be taught!

Oh and get rid of Doc!

Ok.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back