• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #09, (L, 77-62) vs CREIGHTON, WED, 12/7 @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

NU

Field Goals 33.3%(23-69)
3-Point FGs 14.3%(3-21) :Rolf:

Free Throws 81.2%(13-16)
Rebounds 41(15-26)
Steals 6
Blocks 4
Assists 8
Turnovers 13

CU

Field Goals 50.8%(30-59)
3-Point FGs 33.3%(5-15)
Free Throws 52.2%(12-23)
Rebounds 43(8-35)
Steals 5
Blocks 4
Assists 13
Turnovers 13

Well, I did say, that I'd be happy if we finish .500 for the season, so, there is still that to hope for.

NU

Field Goals 33.3%(23-69)

Free Throws 81.2%(13-16)
Rebounds 41(15-26)
Steals 6
Blocks 4
Assists 8
Turnovers 13
Only reason NU's shooting numbers look that good is all the easy lay-ups they got at the end. That was one of the more inept offensive performances I've witnessed all year. CU has made BIG strides defensively but tonight was as much about NU's inability to shoot as CU's defense.

Officiating was pretty bad but it went both ways. Unfortunately it hurt Nebraska more because the Jays have scorers all over the place and like always, the Huskers count on one or two guys to make things happen. We completely fell apart down low in the 2nd half.

Creighton is a good team. I wouldn't say they are UCLA good, but pretty solid.

Not looking forward to the KU game but who knows.

Last edited:
What's with these teams dunking the ball on us with less than 10 seconds remaining and the game well in control for them? I think that is so classless, it's disgusting.
So is fouling with 30 seconds left...and 20 seconds when there is no mathematical chance to win the game.

Officiating was pretty bad but it went both ways. Unfortunately it hurt Nebraska more because the Jays have scorers all over the place and like always, the Huskers count on one or two guys to make things happen. We completely fell apart down low in the 2nd half.

Creighton is a good team. I wouldn't say they are UCLA good, but pretty solid.

Not looking forward to the KU game but who knows.
Yup. It really went south when Webster got his 4th. Oh well, maybe 2018?

So is fouling with 30 seconds left...and 20 seconds when there is no mathematical chance to win the game.
True, but, I have seen a handful of teams actually come back from down 10, which we were there for a second or so, by making the FT's then a quick steal. Oh well, I'm just cheesed we can't put together a really good contender, but lesser teams do every year.

That was a pretty good basketball team, I can't remember the last Creighton looked that well rounded. They usually aren't that athletic.

Obviously they need a scorer. But they are much more than 1 player from credibility.
I don't agree. If you have a dominant, consistent scorer, imagine how that frees up Watson, and takes the pressure off of Webster (a guy we know doesn't handle that well). Think of how that helps Jacobson move without the ball and pick up baskets that way. And we can even see the possiblity of McV being more consistent if he's not the only option at 3.

We have some really solid pieces that just aren't strong enough to be 'that guy' at this point. This team would be playing far better as individuals if we'd actually been able to keep White, though I think he's a selfish prick for pulling what he did.

I don't agree. If you have a dominant, consistent scorer, imagine how that frees up Watson, and takes the pressure off of Webster (a guy we know doesn't handle that well). Think of how that helps Jacobson move without the ball and pick up baskets that way. And we can even see the possiblity of McV being more consistent if he's not the only option at 3.

We have some really solid pieces that just aren't strong enough to be 'that guy' at this point. This team would be playing far better as individuals if we'd actually been able to keep White, though I think he's a selfish prick for pulling what he did.
We can agree to disagree. This is a poor basketball team and is only competitive because they much things up. that's no strategy, IMO.

NU

Field Goals 33.3%(23-69)

Free Throws 81.2%(13-16)
Rebounds 41(15-26)
Steals 6
Blocks 4
Assists 8
Turnovers 13

I realize you are finding great humor in this, but consider we were in this ball game until we had the foul issues a few minutes into the half, and even then we were in that 12 point deficit range for a long period. 12 points in basketball is nothing with a little momentum shift and some shots dropping. How was it we were that horrible and still managed to stay in relative striking range for much of the game?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back