• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland game to be exclusively on Peacock streaming - additional subscription required

I don’t care if it is $100 for one game. It’s the best game day experience you can have. You can do whatever you want up until kickoff; go to gym, do something with the kids, watch other games, mop the floor with the old lady (yes, I own two mops). During the game you get great views, replays and can make everybody stop (hit pause)while you grab another beer or need to recycle a previous one. Food is cheaper, healthier and probably tastes better. TV is terribly underrated.

Speaking of apps…we updated our phone plan to unlimited and was given Disney+ 6 months for free. We selected all the shows we wanted to watch the same day.

6 months ends next week and we haven’t opened the app since day 1…canceled it a couple days ago.

As someone said earlier…I will catch the 1 hour Big 10 Game in Review.

Last edited:

Back when I was a kid (teenager) I couldn’t watch more than 2-3 Nebraska games living in upstate NY (maybe a non conference, Black Friday, then a bowl game) so I really relied on my Huskers Illustrated subscription to even know what the hell was happening with the team. And I still have a bunch of those socked away in boxes somewhere. Then a few years later I think there was a guy named Mike(?) who used to type each play into a “web page” before web pages really even existed and I would sit at my old computer with a monitor the size of a tv and “read” the game lol.

I’ll gladly take the options available nowadays.

Last edited:
Back when I was a kid (teenager) I couldn’t watch more than 2-3 Nebraska games living in upstate NY (maybe a non conference, Black Friday, then a bowl game) so I really relied on my Huskers Illustrated subscription to even know what the hell was happening with the team. And I still have a bunch of those socked away in boxes somewhere. Then a few years later I think there was a guy named Mike(?) who used to type each play into a “web page” before web pages really even existed and I would sit at my old computer with a monitor the size of a tv and “read” the game lol.

I’ll gladly take the options available nowadays.

Yep…I have a couple boxes of Huskers Illustrated's and OWH/LJS seasonal sports pages. I would sign up for the papers to be sent to me via mail during the football season and spring practice. Good times!!

Last edited:
Through the games of Nov. 11, here's how many times each Big Ten team will have been Peacocked this season.

Purdue 3
Iowa 2
Wisconsin 1
Illinois 1
Northwestern 1
Nebraska 1
Minnesota 0

Michigan 1
Penn State 1
Michigan State 1
Ohio State 1
Rutgers 1
Maryland 1
Indiana 0

There have been no Peacock games involving Big Ten East vs. Big Ten East thus far.
How many were Peacock exclusive? The Big 10 deal included a certain number that would be on both Peacock and NBC, and then some that would be Peacock-only.

Protest !

NBC building ;)
Protest.jpg

I’m not sure I understand the complaint. A business bought the rights to televise Big Ten games and now wants to make a profit doing so. You don’t want the product at the price it’s offered, don’t buy it. Welcome to America.
Or, welcome to Greed.

Some of us remember watching NU-OU when you couldn't tell if it was snowing or not -- until Grandma went outside and held her arms just right...

Then we went through years of paying $29.99 to watch NU vs. Mizzou, ISU, So. Miss, etc. And we were overjoyed when we joined the B1G and were gonna be on BTN or some major network every week, so we'd never have to pay-per-view again.

Today's mindset is, you can't just have free TV over the air anymore (with commercials). Ya gotta buy some freaky streaming service, give 'em all your critical identifying information, plus sign up for a long term contract... and still have to sit through commercials.

I'll just watch the highlights later that night after I get home from work anyways. Here's to us curb stomping the Fairieland Terpins.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back