• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus McWilson visiting UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, sad indictment of HuskerMax last night IMHO. I've rarely, if ever, agreed with GFOA and I myself have gotten involved in the fun that piling on can be with him and other posters. This was a whole 'nother level of picking at a guy that had a different view. This was eye opening to me and will change some of the way that I post.

Again, I get that the guy has grated on a lot of people's nerves for a long time, but, wow. SMH

I understand where you're coming from... in that there was definitely a 10 against 1 gang-jumping last night, but it wasn't as though posters were trashing the guy personally. He made some ridiculous statements, back-pedaled, side-stepped, and got called to the carpet for his opinions (which he dished as facts). If I came onto a "Husker" board and did nothing but bad-mouth the team and try to incite anger the way he did, I'd expect to get pelted with verbal tomatoes too.

It wasn't like they were talkin' about his mama. Dude was bad juju...

I can tell you for a fact that there have been concerns expressed about piling on people. It clearly happened here. Trust me, it's not easy to feel sympathetic for GFOA, but y'all created that scenario.

I'll say this, you were on the right side of the argument, but...

I dont think we created that scenerio, it started as a McWilson post, then turned into a McWilson going to Kentucky post, then a Why would McWilson want to go to Kentucky, then a Thats a fake picture and is the result of lies.

I guess I see the sudden U-turn in the thread being the result of one person only... Thats of course my take on it though.

Last edited:
Don't know if this will be a problem but McWilson's visit to Kentucky may hit a snag with the weather. A nasty ice and snowstorm up and down the east coast last night and today may have put this visit on hold. Has anyone heard anything???

He brought most of it on himself.....not all of it of course. But over the years I have seen him and RR go at it multiple times and I could never understand his persistence to beleaguer a point instead of just being able to agree to disagree. And his disdain for Bo got irritating as well. Just my thoughts

Don't know if this will be a problem but McWilson's visit to Kentucky may hit a snag with the weather. A nasty ice and snowstorm up and down the east coast last night and today may have put this visit on hold. Has anyone heard anything???

The football gods themselves telling the kid to stick with Nebraska. If hes looking for signs, they dont get much brighter than that... :Biggrin:

True, people did do that - over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

True. It wasn't just that people were out to show he may have been wrong, they wanted to rub his nose in it as well. Overkill, IMO.

My own theory on why GFOA really irks some people is that they fear (not believe, necessarily), that he could be right in his lack of faith in Bo. I have my own doubts about Bo, and I understand that really rankles some here.

True. It wasn't just that people were out to show he may have been wrong, they wanted to rub his nose in it as well. Overkill, IMO.

My own theory on why GFOA really irks some people is that they fear (not believe, necessarily), that he could be right in his lack of faith in Bo. I have my own doubts about Bo, and I understand that really rankles some here.

Its nothing new. Those of us who dared question Solich were also met with backlash.

Thats not at all why he irks people. He irks people because people will show a link, a picture, a newspaper article, and hell say its a lie, or B.S., or not true, or propaganda. Then when hes proved wrong that it was indeed a factual.. something, hell back track and say he was misquoted, and he never said that stuff. I love having conversations with anyone about anything. But people that just have a bone to pick with anyone about anything gets annoying. To be lumped into a "kool aid drinker with blinders too tight" because I dont constantly say the sky is falling is ignorant. MANY people who are very optimistic people have stressed concerns over the team, the staff, the program in general. Theres a cautious optimism amongst husker land. What people dont need is the constant barrage of negativity, agenda and theory. Theres enough negativity in our world already.

Last edited:
Its nothing new. Those of us who dared question Solich were also met with backlash.

I think the difference is as a whole people felt that was wrong and firing him was bad. My guess is people are at cross roads right now with our program with this coming season being a big catalyst on which way people start heading.

I can't agree with that. GFOA is an abrasive poster and the mob got him for it last night. In many ways he deserved it, I just tend to believe that many individuals that were part of the mob last night are better than that. In some ways, they stooped to his level.

Thats not at all why he irks people. He irks people because people will show a link, a picture, a newspaper article, and hell say its a lie, or B.S., or not true, or propaganda. Then when hes proved wrong that it was indeed a factual.. something, hell back track and say he was misquoted, and he never said that stuff. I love having conversations with anyone about anything. But people that just have a bone to pick with anyone about anything gets annoying. To be lumped into a "kool aid drinker with blinders too tight" because I dont constantly say the sky is falling is ignorant. MANY people who are very optimistic people have stressed concerns over the team, the staff, the program in general. Theres a cautious optimism amongst husker land. What people dont need is the constant barrage of negativity, agenda and theory. Theres enough negativity in our world already.

Good post, sums it up pretty well......GFOA is one of only two posters I have ever "blocked"...but for some reason, I must of unblocked him and not realized it cause I saw his posts on this thread last night. I am all for "everyone has an opinion" but it gets real old, real fast, the "he is never wrong" attitude, and the constant "I didn't say THAT" when proven wrong, and, though I have a few doubts about Bo (not big ones, just a few), he is down right venomous about Bo. He can have his opinion....but you make your bed, you will eventually have to sleep in it!

I does seem like those of us who make criticisms of the program or Pelini are given a little shorter of a leash and are more likely to be personally attacked than the people who have virtually nothing negative to say about the team, ever. I can think of at least one occasion in which I was personally attacked, responded in kind, and was called out by a moderator while the instigator was not. The instigator, of course, is someone who might fairly be characterized as a "pumper." My own experience and seeing the experiences of others does lead me to believe that there is a bit of a bias against "negative" posters, at least by one moderator.

Having said all that, the recently departed did seem to be uniquely stubborn in his refusal to concede. I occasionally got the impression that he liked to push buttons for the sake of pushing buttons. Most of the time I post something critical, it is because I am blowing off a little steam or am truly concerned about what I see on the field. That was seldom true of the recently departed's posts.

I definitely have my reservations with Pelini, but hope those fears are wrong and that he will thrive here. I like to think that most, if not all, of the other sometimes critical posters feel the same way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back