• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus McWilson visiting UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I was watching real housewives with my lady instead of reading this last night! Almost as entertaining! :eek:

I'm glad this thread could make the day, or perhaps year, for so many posters! A meaningless topic, a photo clearly meant to misrepresent another University's game day attendance and you all choose to believe in it--kind of like believing in Bo, it's a fantasy. It doesn't matter to you that we have an easy win in recruiting with just telling the truth about attendance...you'd rather sell the misrepresentation. Fine. BRM, I'll take your word for what time that photo was taken...but it really isn't as I remember it late in the game. It doesn't matter though. This is a good time to make my departure from HM. The board is truly an unfriendly place for anyone who does not bow at the Pelini alter. I won't go over my opinions of Bo's lackluster performance...you all know them...moreover you witness the failings in each game we show up unprepared for and during the beatdowns by the better teams. Nothing will improve until he is gone. In a few years you will all come to realize this. To all of you who already do realize it, sorry to go but I just don't enjoy this board anymore. Farewell to all, but especially to Bo, who needs even more luck than he had this year to even sniff a conference title. GBR!

PS--Moderators you really ought to issue infractions more fairly, not just to those that dissent. I've been meaning to quit for several months now...this is a good time.

Wow! I can't believe I missed out on all this fun with my favorite poster. I just have one thing to say GFOA...
[video=youtube;yhQql-ZbZmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQql-ZbZmg[/video]

Police_Beating.jpg

Last edited:

GFOA gone? What will happen to the program?

Does anyone else hear the Doors singing in the background:

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end.

Wow, sad indictment of HuskerMax last night IMHO. I've rarely, if ever, agreed with GFOA and I myself have gotten involved in the fun that piling on can be with him and other posters. This was a whole 'nother level of picking at a guy that had a different view. This was eye opening to me and will change some of the way that I post.

Again, I get that the guy has grated on a lot of people's nerves for a long time, but, wow. SMH

Newbie will chime in here. I have been lurking for more than ten years here. I can honestly say that in all of the years I was reading the forum, I never saw threads disintegrate the way they did when GFOA was involved.

Not to say it did not happen without him, but you could guarantee that when he got involved, the thread wasn't much worth reading past the 2nd page; it turned into a p!%%ing contest, with him front and center. That wears on other members real fast. You could never get a really great thread going when he was in it.

I welcome other's opinions and I like to hear them BUT, said poster was a broken record, passively/aggressively getting his same old story across followed with "you mis-understood me", "that is not what I said" blah, blah.

I know if GFOA is a man of his words he will stay away, I cannot imagine him coming back and saying "That's not what I said"....

Last edited:
Newbie will chime in here. I have been lurking for more than ten years here. I can honestly say that in all of the years I was reading the forum, I never saw threads disintegrate the way they did when GFOA was involved.

Not to say it did not happen without him, but you could guarantee that when he got involved, the thread wasn't much worth reading past the 2nd page; it turned into a p!%%ing contest, with him front and center. That wears on other members real fast. You could never get a really great thread going when he was in it.

I welcome other's opinions and I like to hear them BUT, said poster was a broken record, passively/aggressively getting his same old story across followed with "you mis-understood me", "that is not what I said" blah, blah.

I know if GFOA is a man of his words he will stay away, I cannot imagine him coming back and saying "That's not what I said"....

I understand where you are coming from. And, maybe, he should be gone. But, this board and the people here are better than what happened last night.

I understand where you are coming from. And, maybe, he should be gone. But, this board and the people here are better than what happened last night.

I relate it to an argument with someone in regards to the sky being blue. I can see how some people find it funny, offensive, dis-heartening, concerning all at once. But the bottom line was the pile up was the result of someone who makes a concious effort to disregard facts, and inserting opinions in their place. The interesting thing, it was over a picture of the Kentucky program. To try and make the comparisons between the two program (theirs and ours) to me was more offensive than any of the posts.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone should be gone for voicing their opinion. That said, you also reap what you sow. There is a definite mob mentality on this board and its seen predominately in the cafe. Ganging up on people or a specific poster is nothing new, even when mods are involved. If you make outrageous claims, be prepared to be called on them.

GFOA is a big boy and he can take it...and he will be back. I really don't see why anyone would take anything that is said on this board too seriously.

Newbie here (although 7 year lurker). However, I was a longtime member of another site where I recently ended my longtime subscription. I stayed out of last nights thread. In part, because it's completely pointless to have any debate of true substance on a message board. To many things can be misinterpreted and the "tone" of posts leaves to much for conjecture. Having been around the block, I've never encountered anyone who goes out of there way (GFOA) to pick a fight with others. My observation of Huskermax has been this is a place where divergent opinions are welcome as long as they are done with civility. That line was crossed several times by GFOA. Secondly, others weren't necessarily disagreeing with a opinion as they were pointing out a inaccuracy.
Wow, sad indictment of HuskerMax last night IMHO. I've rarely, if ever, agreed with GFOA and I myself have gotten involved in the fun that piling on can be with him and other posters. This was a whole 'nother level of picking at a guy that had a different view. This was eye opening to me and will change some of the way that I post.

Again, I get that the guy has grated on a lot of people's nerves for a long time, but, wow. SMH

Last edited:
I relate it to an argument with someone in regards to the sky being blue. I can see how some people find it funny, offensive, dis-heartening, concerning all at once. But the bottom line was the pile up was the result of someone who makes a concious effort to disregard facts, and inserting opinions in their place. The interesting thing, it was over a picture of the Kentucky program. To try and make the comparisons between the two program (theirs and ours) to me was more offensive than any of the posts.

I can tell you for a fact that there have been concerns expressed about piling on people. It clearly happened here. Trust me, it's not easy to feel sympathetic for GFOA, but y'all created that scenario.

I'll say this, you were on the right side of the argument, but...

I don't think anyone should be gone for voicing their opinion. That said, you also reap what you sow. There is a definite mob mentality on this board and its seen predominately in the cafe. Ganging up on people or a specific poster is nothing new, even when mods are involved. If you make outrageous claims, be prepared to be called on them.

GFOA is a big boy and he can take it...and he will be back. I really don't see why anyone would take anything that is said on this board too seriously.

Exactly, getting upset over something on HM is like making up a pretend girlfriend, and then being sad when said pretend gf dies.

Consistency is important.

Newbie here (although 7 year lurker). However, I was a longtime member of another site where I recently entered my longtime subscription. I stayed out of last nights thread. In part, because it's completely pointless to have any debate of true substance on a message board. To many things can be misinterpreted and the "tone" of posts leaves to much for conjecture. Having been around the block, I've never encountered anyone who goes out of there way (GFOA) to pick a fight with others. My observation of Huskermax has been this is a place where divergent opinions are welcome as long as they are done with civility. That line was crossed several times by GFOA. Secondly, others weren't necessarily disagreeing with a opinion as they were pointing out a inaccuracy.

True, people did do that - over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back