• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked LB Deion Jones commits to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sold on him as a linebacker but time will tell. Thanks for the info. I guess he may just turn out to be another athlete chosen to become another possible athlete in the Pelini plan. Not being negative as I am sounding, but I am ready for some real Big 10 type linebackers like Hawk and Poulouszny(Sp.) The ones that have been successful. Not ones recruited coming in that we have no idea where they really may play. Lets go get a true "lb" or six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How big does an OLB need to be??

This is not a diamond in the rough case...this kid is not some hidden gem that all of a sudden just popped up....LSU already knows/knew about him and chose to pass based on some things that happened after the promise of a scholarship...the articles posted point that out....and they (LSU) have filled their needs....so LSU is already awake and aware....and has moved on....

Like we stated throughout this thread this is a case of no film being available to evaluate by the services....

never trust an SEC team and their practice to oversign

Last edited:
Talked to an LSU fan on the national board of 24/7.

He noted that a lot of LSU fans wanted Jones, but that there is a lot of in-state talent this year at LB. When Jones didn't make the camp, that pretty much sealed the deal. Barton Simmons says he will likely end up a mid-3* for 24/7 Sports for those counting stars.

Over at Tiger Droppings, there are some comments on Jones' ability and some about how the staff may have made a mistake not continuing after him. In the words of the original poster at Tiger Droppings, "The man, the myth, the legend who couldnt find a ride 40 minutes away is off the board." That of course is a comment about not making camp, but still a good comment. :)

I'm ready to see this kid's film. Sounds like one hell of a player from everything I'm reading and hearing.

This kids dad is no fool....went to school with one of the LSU coaches...as he said 'I understand the buisness'....the dad that is....not every kid in the south goes ot an SEC team and I'm sure many understand that whole gig of oversigning....

never trust an SEC team and their practice to oversign

Last edited:

What is he basing his ***'s on....has he seen film? Or is it because he committed to Nebraska and not LSU?....;)

Talked to an LSU fan on the national board of 24/7.

He noted that a lot of LSU fans wanted Jones, but that there is a lot of in-state talent this year at LB. When Jones didn't make the camp, that pretty much sealed the deal. Barton Simmons says he will likely end up a mid-3* for 24/7 Sports for those counting stars.

Over at Tiger Droppings, there are some comments on Jones' ability and some about how the staff may have made a mistake not continuing after him. In the words of the original poster at Tiger Droppings, "The man, the myth, the legend who couldnt find a ride 40 minutes away is off the board." That of course is a comment about not making camp, but still a good comment. :)

I'm ready to see this kid's film. Sounds like one hell of a player from everything I'm reading and hearing.

Said his coach: “He’s not going to be one of those guys shuffling around hats on Signing Day,” :)

If Pelini wants him, he's one of the best. Welcome to the Huskers. Mr. Jones!

His dad is quoted calling him "Debo" so with that nick-name he is a natural LB in Bo's defense. De(for Deion) Bo(for his favorite defensive coach).... How could he go anywhere else!!

In the 80's when our big road grader punishing ground game would play FSU or Miami we got stopped dead because our lineman couldn't get to the Linebackers to block them because of the speed the backers flowed to the ball with. I have no problem with small and fast Linebackers if the have good instincts and a mean streak they can take over a football game.

This kids dad is no fool....went to school with one of the LSU coaches...as he said 'I understand the buisness'....the dad that is....not every kid in the south goes ot an SEC team and I'm sure many understand that whole gig of oversigning....

I really like hearing that his father is a big part of this process...sadly more often than not some of these kids have an "advisor" that is not always looking out for whats best for the kid

His dad grew up with the RB, recruiting cordinator and they had a death in the family and did not contact LSU and missed the camp where LSU said they would offer after the camp...he did not show up or call so they gave 2 scholarships that day to 2 Texas players and are now almost full......Dad is right and it is a business and time for them to move on to Husker Nation.

We will see what will happen if Alabama or LSU comes back with an offer.

Jones was waiting for an offer for the last 2 months from them and did not get it so he decided to check out NU on line and had the parents contact Raymond.

We will see what will happen if Alabama or LSU comes back with an offer.

Jones was waiting for an offer for the last 2 months from them and did not get it so he decided to check out NU on line and had the parents contact Raymond.

Yes, we will definitely need to keep recruiting this kid. Hopefully, as his relationship with our coaches continues to grow, his desire for an Alabama or LSU offer becomes more and more a thing of the past.

Alabama is not likely to offer (he didn't fit the profile they like at LB) and LSU has a lot of other options at LB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back