• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked LB Deion Jones commits to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this kid is still only 16 as of today and hes 6-2, 200lb, then he still has a chance for a perfect size lb, 2 yrs from now, he, will be going into his 2nd yr at NU, by then he'll be at least 225+ and his height will enable him to carry 235 easily. with his speed, he has all the tools to be a beast for us, welcome, mr jones

Great coverage RR, thanks, you got me excited about this kid. Maybe Bo's best steal.............that's saying alot.

Never under-estimate the kid who is selective with who he gets film to. Doesn't just send film to recruiting services, but to places where he feels he would be a good fit, or is extremely interested in. LSU saw film on him and probably doesn't have room or probably have a few guys that they think are "better", but they aren't going to go out and tell people about him.

I have heard nothing about this kid except for what i've seen on this board, the speed or size thing doesn't matter to me. Honestly, in the NFL you need both, so it is possible to have both. Dobson can make the adjustments if he needs to bulk up or get faster.

As RR said, Bo knows LB's.....

I like LB's with speed. We had the big linebackers in the 80's and Miami showed us speed is more important. Speed disrupts an offense. As long as they are good tacklers like Lavonte David we are in GOOD shape. I also like the fact he is a very young pup with room to grow. Good luck to our new recruit.

More:

“It’s Bo Pelini,” Keiser said. “He’s got a reputation down here. He knows Louisiana high school football. And Louisiana high school football knows him.”

NU’s made a concerted effort to recruit the state ever since Pelini — LSU’s former defensive coordinator — took over in Lincoln. And one of Pelini’s 2008 Louisiana recruits, junior safety P.J. Smith, played a role, Keiser said, in convincing Jones to commit before ever making an official visit. Nebraska secondary coach and former LSU cornerback Corey Raymond also sold Jones on the school.

http://www.theindependent.com/articles/2011/08/10/sports/huskers_hq/doc4e41feee79e22495118099.txt

Said his coach: “He’s not going to be one of those guys shuffling around hats on Signing Day,â€￾ :)

If Pelini wants him, he's one of the best. Welcome to the Huskers. Mr. Jones!

Last edited:
Just from I have read I'm sold...can't wait to see some film......with his giddy-up and at 220 lbs, as projected, he will be just fine...he is moving from ILB to OLB....with that speed that makes sense...

I don't get the whole Big 10 linebacker thing.....never have...if you got 'game' you will be fine...

He is being recruited to play LB and in this small class with a need for 3-4 LBs I can pretty much bet that is where he will play...

So what is a true LB?? And what makes you say he has no clue where he will play?

Born to Be Red is the one who said he could slide to safety. Going off of what he said.

Last edited:
After watching Rich Glover play nose tackle at 230-235lbs in the early seventies, I gave up trying to pigeon-hole football players based on size. And we have seen guys like Demorrio Williams (215), Farley (205) and David (205 last year) excel at linebacker even though they were undersized. The common denominator for all these guys is exceptional football SPEED. I have an idea that Deion has the potential to be a really nice fit here at NU based on that characteristic.

Welcome to the fold, Deion!! GBR

If he is a diamond in the rough type I hope LSU doesnt wake up then

Last edited:

This is not a diamond in the rough case...this kid is not some hidden gem that all of a sudden just popped up....LSU already knows/knew about him and chose to pass based on some things that happened after the promise of a scholarship...the articles posted point that out....and they (LSU) have filled their needs....so LSU is already awake and aware....and has moved on....

Like we stated throughout this thread this is a case of no film being available to evaluate by the services....

If he is a diamond in the rough type I hope LSU doesnt wake up then

Bo is big on speed and athletic ability....he can coach the rest...:)

After watching Rich Glover play nose tackle at 230-235lbs in the early seventies, I gave up trying to pigeon-hole football players based on size. And we have seen guys like Demorrio Williams (215), Farley (205) and David (205 last year) excel at linebacker even though they were undersized. The common denominator for all these guys is exceptional football SPEED. I have an idea that Deion has the potential to be a really nice fit here at NU based on that characteristic.

Welcome to the fold, Deion!! GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back