• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Isaac Slade-Matautia **** ILB Honolulu, HI

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing about Slade-Matautia, he is clearly trending hard towards Oregon, but he won't be a big loss in this class. Sure he classifies as a talent you take no matter what (like Joseph Lewis, Greg Johnson, and a couple others), but IMO Nebraska doesn't need any more LB'ers in this class. They could actually use another DL or two above another LB.

Don't forget that with the switch to the 3-4, there are going to be several d-linemen moving back to LB. Guys like Freedom, Alex Davis, Sedrick King, AJ Natter...

They need to find guys who are better fits on the line for a 3-4. I wonder how much front 7 attrition we see from Husker players. There are a LOT of guys who are good fits (especially at LB), but several who aren't also. Honestly, some attrition from a few guys I could name might benefit the Huskers. They are looking at a smaller recruiting class for 2018 and could frankly use the ammo.

*side note, losing Robert Porcher hurts a bit more than it did before. He seems like a great fit as a 3-4 DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back