• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Isaac Slade-Matautia **** ILB Honolulu, HI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa Rica Red

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Isaac Slade-Matautia Inside linebacker 4 STARS
St. Louis HS Honolulu, HI
RR: 5.9 Ht: 6'1" Wt: 225 lbs
Class: 2017 Recruited by Bray and Cavanaugh

Offers: Arizona, ASU, WSU, Washington, Buffs, UH, Utah, UCF, Huskers.

Two older CB's for Washington

Rivals250 LB Slade-Matautia liking Huskers, ASU & UofA $$$

Could someone with premium access tell us more?

Last edited:

Isaac Slade-Matautia Inside linebacker 4 STARS
St. Louis HS Honolulu, HI
RR: 5.9 Ht: 6'1" Wt: 225 lbs
Class: 2017 Recruited by Bray and Cavanaugh

Offers: Arizona, ASU, WSU, Washington, Buffs, UH, Utah, UCF, Huskers.

Two older CB's for Washington

Rivals250 LB Slade-Matautia liking Huskers, ASU & UofA $$$

Could someone with premium access tell us more?

Really not supposed to share premium information.

But will say it sounds like he is very high on coach player relationships.

So long story (or article) short, we are going to main player here with Bray after him.

Last edited:
http://www.scout.com/college/footba...-oakland-opening-regional-preview-the-defense

"Honolulu (Hawaii) St. Louis athlete Isaac Slade-Matautia is one of the more versatile ‘backers out West and shows up really well on film. He’s a high motor kid who runs well and loves to hit. He’s active, looks good playing in space and is among the most athletic linebackers in the region.
Slade Matautia has offers from almost half the Pac-12 including Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Washington and Washington State along with Hawaii and Nebraska. "

I really like Pacific islanders at defensive positions. In their play is always a desire to inflict a little pain. That makes players scared of them. Which is why there are so many percentage wise in the NFL.

Having lived in Hawaii for a number of years, I have a little insight on this. Many Hawaii boys have strong family ties. For them to visit family or family to visit them its much easier from a school on the very west coast. Its a single plane flight. Nebraska is two plane flights and a much larger price. This also comes into play to a lesser degree with schools like Washington State, Arizona and other schools without direct service from Hawaii. It may not be THE factor working against a school like Nebraska, but it is a factor. In the past, BYU and Utah seemed to overcome this because of the Mormon Church and Colorado with I believe some Polynesian recruiters.

We have two Polynesian recruiters and our best recruiter overall on this case. It only takes one recruit to start a pipeline and I truly hope that Isaac is that start.

Having lived in Hawaii for a number of years, I have a little insight on this. Many Hawaii boys have strong family ties. For them to visit family or family to visit them its much easier from a school on the very west coast. Its a single plane flight. Nebraska is two plane flights and a much larger price. This also comes into play to a lesser degree with schools like Washington State, Arizona and other schools without direct service from Hawaii. It may not be THE factor working against a school like Nebraska, but it is a factor. In the past, BYU and Utah seemed to overcome this because of the Mormon Church and Colorado with I believe some Polynesian recruiters.

DIA now has a direct flight to Hawaii; my parents took it last week. I know it isn't Lincoln or Omaha, but not far away and a short connection from NU.

Flood Gates? Flood Gates? Did you say Flood Gates? Flood Gates? By Raola's Hammer... Flood Gates. It worked last time, :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back