• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

in my opinion, this quote tells all we need to know about the coaching

I think you are mistaken.
People aren’t frustrated because we’ve Come close so many times. People are frustrated because the coaches have contrived to steal defeat from the jaws of victory at least 4 times this season. This game was only the latest example of that.

From his actions, the current head coach of this Nebraska program is not quite truly interested in winning games above all else. If he was, we would have won the game last night, and a few others this season. That’s what’s frustrating and disappointing.

Of all the trollish things I've read on this forum in my time here, this deserves a special spot on the mantle.

Holy smokes.

The last two sentences certainly ring true to me. When I was in 8th grade our high school hired a new football coach. He was a Div II stud and all-American who earned a spot with an NFL team. For us small town kids he walked on water. This was his first head coaching job. Unfortunately he saw everyone through his prism of perfection. If you didn't look the part then he would tell you that you were not good enough to play the part. I'm sure in his mind he felt that he was setting standards that we should emulate but in reality for most of us it only served to demoralize. He was a sub-.500 head coach in the 6 years he was head coach at our school and by my sophomore year some of the best athletes refused to play football for him because his judgmental style and favoritism rang hollow. I have no clue if any of what I said is relevant to what is going on at DONU but when a team only plays one complete game and a half-dozen or so complete quarters during one season you have to question their confidence now and moving forward.
We both had similar high school experiences, only we had a great coach that replaced ours. I loved the old coach, but football strategy was weak under him. The other guy was strong across the board and we went from losing seasons to runner ups in the conference in year one. The teams following never looked back and had a fantastic run.

Frost is different in this case he runs a complicated system. He just fashions it around the wrong fellas. He has a track record of finding a great QB that changed his team around and enjoyed a perfect season. The gamble began with a completely different QB, though, so it was attrition that led to his success at UCF. The sad thing is, Frost probably had his best game in the second half of the season when his roster was depleted in his opinion. He had to let his backups try to win and they nearly did. I just do not get this mindset of needing injuries to starters to find your future. Most of the talent is right out in plain sight. He doesn't believe N it.

There is a lot to be said about this post. I love Scott Frost but they have much learning ahead of them. This team did underperform in almost all areas. Fans like to blame AM but we have seen over and over some questionable play calling putting him in tough positions. Not to mention he is running for his life on almost every play.
Sometimes he’s running for his life because his indecisiveness causes him to miss his window for open wide receivers. The ball has to come out on time. Either he doesn’t have confidence in his receivers to make the catch or he doesn’t have confidence in his arm to get the ball there on time. Either way, it seems that pass plays break down to improvisation too many times. That can work if you have Aaron Rodgers type arm talent, but few have that.

There is a lot to be said about this post. I love Scott Frost but they have much learning ahead of them. This team did underperform in almost all areas. Fans like to blame AM but we have seen over and over some questionable play calling putting him in tough positions. Not to mention he is running for his life on almost every play.

AM's performance is problematic but any criticism needs to be on HCSF because he continues to play him.

The fact that we have to HOPE HCSF and his assistants "learn" is distressing. We hired this group to deliver and build a foundation for the future. As we sit now, there is no evidence that this coaching group has the capacity to develop and build high performing teams.

AM's performance is problematic but any criticism needs to be on HCSF because he continues to play him.

The fact that we have to HOPE HCSF and his assistants "learn" is distressing. We hired this group to deliver and build a foundation for the future. As we sit now, there is no evidence that this coaching group has the capacity to develop and build high performing teams.

There is no evidence of that? None?

How Frost handles this situation going forward will be interesting to say the least. Small sample size, but LM appears to be better than AM... but thats just my opinion.

Mine too.

And it will truly be interesting and telling how it is handled.

AM is not the best on the team. There are other options and AM will shine or fade away.

I have no idea who is better between to QBs and who has the higher ceiling. I do know what my eyes tell me about AM. There is a difference in being a great athlete and a great QB. Steve Taylor was a great athlete, and a good QB, but always made a bad decision at the worst time in big games. Tanner Lee had the arm talent to be an NFL QB, but decision making was flawed. I do not think Tommie Frazier was our best athletic QB, but he was our best QB. There is a very small sample size, but to me it looks like McCaffrey and Vedral make good football decisions and AM just doesn't, and that is one area where I do not think coaching helps as much as people think. Some people just have football instincts and others don't.

Scott Frost during his halftime interview on Husker Sports Network: "...We're going to be a little less cute and see if we can go win a game."

Frost reminds me of the bad guy in movies who just talks instead of finishing off the good guy.
just too arrogant.
WTH is the problem with the quote? For Christ’s sake, half of you bitch he’s doing too much ‘cute’, whatever that means, and the other half whine the staff don’t take any blame. He should satisfy both complaints with this statement, but still you find a reason to complain. Bizarre.

Bingo. Well said.

sick and tired of ignoring the shear lack of execution by AM we witness weekly. Can’t throw swing pass, Throws a rope on a deep ball instead of allowing receiver to run under it, indecisivenesswhen he should run.

if Luke can only run 12 plays, so be it. It will be much better than poorly executing 50
For once we have some common ground, though it better be more than 12 plays.

WTH is the problem with the quote? For Christ’s sake, half of you bitch he’s doing too much ‘cute’, whatever that means, and the other half whine the staff don’t take any blame. He should satisfy both complaints with this statement, but still you find a reason to complain. Bizarre.

Half of who? What exactly have you heard me complain about?

My issues with Scott frost as a head coach at DONU are that he loses games he really should win. you play to win the game. not to showcase an offense, not to show everyone how smart you are, not to protect fragile individuals, and not to play favourites.

the problem with some of you is that you have elevated scott frost above the nebraska football program, and placed him on a pedestal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back