• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

in my opinion, this quote tells all we need to know about the coaching

I think HCSF realizes he has a problem at QB, why else would he put in 3 different QBs for our last game of the season? Hopefully he will now take the off time to make some badly needed decisions before Spring training. We will see.
Sadly no time to take time off. Frost and Co. is going to be scrambling to defend the recruiting class they already have, and to fill out the rest of the class with players that will actually help. Going to be hard to get difference makers with the results on the field, and other teams are going to be beating the drums about the lack of results with Frost.

There's no doubt that things have been disappointing the first two seasons, but some fans seem to want to throw in the towel. I think we're pretty far away from being a great team, but I don't think we are far away from being a good team. We were competitive in all but two games this season. 6 of our losses the past two seasons were on the final possession of the game.

What's kind of interesting is that I think today's close loss has people angrier than they would have been if it had been a blowout loss. Getting close over and over but not coming out in top is frustrating! We can see that we have opportunities, but we haven't capitalized on them enough. So instead of seeing the good things that are happening, we're focusing on the negative.

Let's say that Iowa had missed the field goal at the end of regulation. We go to overtime and pull out a win. Does the narrative change? Of course it does!

But does that really change anything about how the game was played? Not really. We'd just be focusing on different things.

So while I'm sick of losing (I used more colorful language with my buddy at the game), I can see that maybe we're not as bad as it seems. Similarly, if we had somehow won the close games and ended up 9-3 or 10-2, I'd recognize that we probably weren't as good as it seemed. At the end of the day, the record is what it is, and we have to live with it. I just think we are reasonably close to being a decent team.

Excellent post.

At this point I'm glad to be in the game until the final play. It means were on the cusp and should start seeing some of the close losses turn to wins.

Sadly no time to take time off. Frost and Co. is going to be scrambling to defend the recruiting class they already have, and to fill out the rest of the class with players that will actually help. Going to be hard to get difference makers with the results on the field, and other teams are going to be beating the drums about the lack of results with Frost.

Right, they’re already back on the road today. I don’t think they need to worry too much about guys they have committed. Seems like a solid class, at this point. They’re in on a bunch of really good players and need to close on them.

Q. Specifically, how far do you expect your quarterback play with Adrian Martinez to be compared to where it was a year ago with everything he learned last year?

SCOTT FROST:
Yeah, I wouldn't trade our guy for anybody in the country at that position, at the quarterback position. On top of being a great player, he's just a great individual, exactly what we're looking for to run our offense. We're probably going to go as far as he can take us this year. I played the position, not as well as he plays it, but I played the position. And from personal experience and coaching experience, I think particularly at that position, your biggest jump comes from your first year of playing to your second year of playing, and I've seen that happen with some of the guys that I've coached, as well. As good as he was last year, if we get a similar jump, we're going to be really strong at that spot.

http://www.asaptext.com/asap_media/media/44/477/transcripts/40486.pdf

I bet next 2020 media days in Chicago, one NU representative will be AM.

Marriage vows: "For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part"

Last edited:
So what’s your solution?.... fire everybody and start over again? Just bitch and moan about how upsetting this is to you, that’ll help. Let’s try something different. How bout we go two years in a row with the same coaching staff. Let them work out some issues and see if some consistency helps build a positive team culture .......you know, that thing we used to before smiling Pete showed up.
First off, i haven’t advocated firing frost.

You say I am “bitching and moaning”, and I disagree. I point out issues i see with the way this staff is going about things, which, if they fix, the program would be much better for.

This is an online forum, so if I was lying to myself about what I see on Saturday, and just parrot groupthink positive vibes, then I’m wasting my time, and I’m deceiving myself. Fortunately or unfortunately, my history with the university means I care. So then it doesn’t help me if I care so much, then lie to myself for whatever reasons.

If we all just keep quiet and repeat the same positive vibes while nothing in the program shows signs of improvement, we have already become that hopeless program and fan base we dread so much. We just don’t know it yet. Or maybe we do.

First off, i haven’t advocated firing frost.

You say I am “bitching and moaning”, and I disagree. I point out issues i see with the way this staff is going about things, which, if they fix, the program would be much better for.

This is an online forum, so if I was lying to myself about what I see on Saturday, and just parrot groupthink positive vibes, then I’m wasting my time, and I’m deceiving myself. Fortunately or unfortunately, my history with the university means I care. So then it doesn’t help me if I care so much, then lie to myself for whatever reasons.

If we all just keep quiet and repeat the same positive vibes while nothing in the program shows signs of improvement, we have already become that hopeless program and fan base we dread so much. We just don’t know it yet. Or maybe we do.

Not a single person has said we should keep quiet or be ok with the way the season went. That being said, do you understand why people might find comments like Frost isn't playing to win above all else a bit silly? Don't you think he has far more invested in this than anyone on this board or any other fan?

Not a single person has said we should keep quiet or be ok with the way the season went. That being said, do you understand why people might find comments like Frost isn't playing to win above all else a bit silly? Don't you think he has far more invested in this than anyone on this board or any other fan?

The difference here is, I haven’t attacked, used boys club tactics, or tried to silence anyone for thinking my posts are silly or outrageous.

To your point though, the more someone is invested in something, the more likely they are to have a massive blind spot. So yes. By the evidence on the field and the decisions he has made, frost isn’t trying to win above all else.

He may think he is though. He’s may be trying to win his way, but that’s clearly not working. he doesn’t seem to understand or want to acknowledge that. That’s the problem.

The difference here is, I haven’t attacked, used boys club tactics, or tried to silence anyone for thinking my posts are silly or outrageous.

To your point though, the more someone is invested in something, the more likely they are to have a massive blind spot. So yes. By the evidence on the field and the decisions he has made, frost isn’t trying to win above all else.

He may think he is though. He’s may be trying to win his way, but that’s clearly not working. he doesn’t seem to understand or want to acknowledge that. That’s the problem.

I will defer to him and his tactics since he has a track record of success. There are some things he should tweak but his system works. Your comment that he's not trying to win above all else simply doesn't make sense. You might not agree with his decisions, but I don't think you can or should question his commitment or desire to win and win big.

I will defer to him and his tactics since he has a track record of success. There are some things he should tweak but his system works. Your comment that he's not trying to win above all else simply doesn't make sense. You might not agree with his decisions, but I don't think you can or should question his commitment or desire to win and win big.

At Nebraska, he doesn’t have a track record of success as a coach. Quite the opposite actually. So far, since he came to Nebraska, his system has only been proven to work against poorly coached teams. That’s a fact you can’t dispute. You can excuse it away, but those are still facts.

You still don’t get that I’m not questioning his desire.

And by the way, yes. Some have said we should be ok with this year, for various reasons.

At Nebraska, he doesn’t have a track record of success as a coach. Quite the opposite actually. So far, since he came to Nebraska, his system has only been proven to work against poorly coached teams. That’s a fact you can’t dispute. You can excuse it away, but those are still facts.

You still don’t get that I’m not questioning his desire.

And by the way, yes. Some have said we should be ok with this year, for various reasons.

And he's two seasons removed from 13-0. His system works. And it will work at NU.

Please explain what you meant then. Because your comment on its face doesn't make any sense.

Nobody has said this year was ok. But most people aren't gonna hit the panic button because that has been done time and time again at NU the last 25 years. It hasn't worked. Stability and continuity are what's needed.

And he's two seasons removed from 13-0. His system works. And it will work at NU.

Please explain what you meant then. Because your comment on its face doesn't make any sense.

Nobody has said this year was ok. But most people aren't gonna hit the panic button because that has been done time and time again at NU the last 25 years. It hasn't worked. Stability and continuity are what's needed.
I have explained what I mean, but some people responding to my posts don’t really have anything to refute what I’ve actually said. Instead, they’ll latch on to one controversial phrase in the entire post and ascribe entire “fire everyone” type theses to me.
My posts are littered with facts, arguments, and explanations that people haven’t actually provided counter arguments to.
Case in point, you’re talking about a panic button when I’m just looking to have a discussion on the issues I see with Scott frost and how he’s running the program.

All that being said, your response about 13-0 is legit. That’s the hope. I hope it works. There’s all kinds of counter arguments to that, but I’ll leave it at that.

I have explained what I mean, but some people responding to my posts don’t really have anything to refute what I’ve actually said. Instead, they’ll latch on to one controversial phrase in the entire post and ascribe entire “fire everyone” type theses to me.
My posts are littered with facts, arguments, and explanations that people haven’t actually provided counter arguments to.
Case in point, you’re talking about a panic button when I’m just looking to have a discussion on the issues I see with Scott frost and how he’s running the program.

All that being said, your response about 13-0 is legit. That’s the hope. I hope it works. There’s all kinds of counter arguments to that, but I’ll leave it at that.

For you to say that Frost isn't playing to win pretty much is all I need.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back