• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

in my opinion, this quote tells all we need to know about the coaching

LOL, reminds me of what one of my coaches once told me. He said there were 3 kinds of people:
-those that know what's happening (Vedral);
-those that make things happen (McCaffery); and
-those that say "Wha happened?"

This year it seems AM slipped from category 2 to category 3 (or maybe 1).

FWIW, In the bar exam course, the instructor told us, under no circumstances should the student attempt to move past level one when studying for the bar.

I don’t know if it translates to being a good QB, but I have always thought the advice was humorous, and helpful.

He made that comment at halftime?

And then the team went out and came back from a 14-point deficit to tie the game until 1 second remained?

Against a top 20 team?

What an arrogant pos.
Must be nice. Some fans of a blue blood program are content celebrating a 14 point comeback loss against “a top 20 team” who we should have beaten if coaches actually coached to win for 4 quarters. At least, according to the head coach.

Beers for everyone. Let’s celebrate. What an amazing year.

And this from the guy who absolutely hated the guy who went 9-3 in his second year.

Must be nice. Some fans of a blue blood program are content celebrating a 14 point comeback loss against “a top 20 team” who we should have beaten if coaches actually coached to win for 4 quarters. At least, according to the head coach.

And this from the guy who absolutely hated the guy who went 9-3 in his second year.

Frost will be just fine. I hope you will as well. Happy holidays.

Is everything black and white for you? Is there a spot somewhere between being elated and being despondent?

And that guy lost 40-10 to unranked Iowa. And drove this program into a massive ditch.

Oh, I almost forgot... I hated the guy long before his second year.

The first half offensive play calling cuteness was beyond aggravating - wasted some promising field position.

Capitalized on decent field position in the second half, however, after tying the game in the fourth, DONU's possessions began on our 2, 9, 20 ... & 30 - the final possession looked promising, until the bogus penalty on MWilliams. Doubt the subsequent call was for 2AM to run out of bounds (terrible situational awareness) ... but it is what it is at that point.

Despite all of that, a single defensive stop (either of the last two years) extends the game into OT - which I find immensely more aggravating.

Is everything black and white for you? Is there a spot somewhere between being elated and being despondent?

And that guy lost 40-10 to unranked Iowa. And drove this program into a massive ditch.

Oh, I almost forgot... I hated the guy long before his second year.

I see the black, white, and every wavelength in between. you and others are choosing to only see the red dot.

as i did mention to you a couple of years ago, respect to you for sticking to your disapproval or riley. i'm not saying riley is better than frost or anything.
I just want you and others to be honest. frost has been poor in most areas so far. which areas of the team have shown improvement?

I see the black, white, and every wavelength in between. you and others are choosing to only see the red dot.

as i did mention to you a couple of years ago, respect to you for sticking to your disapproval or riley. i'm not saying riley is better than frost or anything.
I just want you and others to be honest. frost has been poor in most areas so far. which areas of the team have shown improvement?
There's no doubt that things have been disappointing the first two seasons, but some fans seem to want to throw in the towel. I think we're pretty far away from being a great team, but I don't think we are far away from being a good team. We were competitive in all but two games this season. 6 of our losses the past two seasons were on the final possession of the game.

What's kind of interesting is that I think today's close loss has people angrier than they would have been if it had been a blowout loss. Getting close over and over but not coming out in top is frustrating! We can see that we have opportunities, but we haven't capitalized on them enough. So instead of seeing the good things that are happening, we're focusing on the negative.

Let's say that Iowa had missed the field goal at the end of regulation. We go to overtime and pull out a win. Does the narrative change? Of course it does!

But does that really change anything about how the game was played? Not really. We'd just be focusing on different things.

So while I'm sick of losing (I used more colorful language with my buddy at the game), I can see that maybe we're not as bad as it seems. Similarly, if we had somehow won the close games and ended up 9-3 or 10-2, I'd recognize that we probably weren't as good as it seemed. At the end of the day, the record is what it is, and we have to live with it. I just think we are reasonably close to being a decent team.

Similarly, if we had somehow won the close games and ended up 9-3 or 10-2, I'd recognize that we probably weren't as good as it seemed.
I highly doubt this. Years ago you were preaching to people about how they needed to be more grateful for pelini's record against a schedule with Ohio St and Penn St on it. While failing to recognize that those programs had gone through sanctions. You're fiercely loyal to the guys you like : pelini and frost. And that's cool. I take a dump on every coach

Last edited by a moderator:

...And who knows, before it’s over, AM might live up to that hype. I think there a few things helping prevent AM from reaching his potential.

1). He is not a true dual threat guy. He can run if he has a big hole, but he isn’t going to make anyone miss.
2). The O-line still can’t protect him very well or consistently.
3). There aren’t enough weapons for AM to throw to in the time the line typically gives him,
4). He may be “over coached”. As a freshman, he was more apt to play on his instincts. Now, he seems to be running calculus problems through his head. He is not an ideal QB for a team trying to rebuild. He would be better in an already established offense that he could be plugged into.
This entire team has been coached into a hesitant bunch. Especially the quarterback and linebackers. The OL is finally snapping out of it with being more open to substitution. But even the OL has only mildly thawed out with respect to competition among those within the available talent pool. Where they have the efforts have paid off, because it gave an incentive for some players to go all the way to the whistle. So clearly the talent was there, the incentive was not.

The WR situation is less dire than it is stagnant. People didn't really bat an eye with the loss of Noa. The problem is, he was one of the guys breaking through the depth chart with hustle and little on coaching. Before Noa got hurt he had just began to warm up to making plays. For about seven games people had literally no confidence in the guy although he clearly had history of success. The coaches had no confidence because he didn't score well, whatever the F- that means to them. (Clearly they are poor at judging talent!) There is a big disconnect in the coaches and their ability to allow players to use the stuff in their history when they get out on the field. Less coaching up players and more confidence building, please.

The first half offensive play calling cuteness was beyond aggravating - wasted some promising field position.

Capitalized on decent field position in the second half, however, after tying the game in the fourth, DONU's possessions began on our 2, 9, 20 ... & 30 - the final possession looked promising, until the bogus penalty on MWilliams. Doubt the subsequent call was for 2AM to run out of bounds (terrible situational awareness) ... but it is what it is at that point.

Despite all of that, a single defensive stop (either of the last two years) extends the game into OT - which I find immensely more aggravating.
I have been and will continue to be extremely critical of our bargain bin DC, but Iowa didn't score in the 2nd half until the game winning kick. This loss is on Frost, not the D.

Don’t discredit being able to hit a receiver because he’s wide open. It’s something that Adrian Martinez fails to do time and time again.
Bingo. Well said.

sick and tired of ignoring the shear lack of execution by AM we witness weekly. Can’t throw swing pass, Throws a rope on a deep ball instead of allowing receiver to run under it, indecisivenesswhen he should run.

if Luke can only run 12 plays, so be it. It will be much better than poorly executing 50

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back