• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you were Trev

Some people will never give MJ the benefit, their mind is made up. He would have to win out to even be thought of as highly as other coaches. Sad really. MJ seems to have all the things that make up a good head coach. I’m interested to see more.
So did Scott Fraud.....I was all in with him hook line and sinker

Also, he's got to do it now, because Trev can't wait until the end of the season to decide. The next several games are critical for him.

I think he will need to go at least 3-1 over the next 4 games (through Minny) to stay alive. I think that is as late as Trev could wait to decide. If Trev already has an outstanding candidate lined up, even 3-1 might not be enough. But if Mickey goes 4-0 in that stretch, I don't see how Trev could let him go.

Both those results are a very tall order though. He's got to beat either Minny or Illinois and maybe both. Rutgers on Friday is almost a must win. I personally don't think he will do all that, but I will certainly salute him if he can.
Good point my guess is trev has made his call

Last edited:
Which is why MJ is such a long shot. If Trev strikes out on Plans A, B, and C ( maybe Aranda, Leipold, Fickell, Campbell/Kleiman etc), and MJ is moving in the direction of division title etc, MJ has a good chance with the remaining contenders. That is the only chance I see for him.
Trev can't wait he has to move

Realistically, since I failed to answer your question earlier (please forgive me), Mickey would have to go to the B1G conference game. I love the guy, but just don't see him getting the job.
Love him also but he is not the man at this point in time

For those looking for a benchmark Mickey would need to hit (even though I stand by my previous post), I think if we win the West it would make it very difficult to hire someone over Mickey. We don't have to win-out to win the West, but have to win most of the remaining games. If we made the title game, I'm not sure how you justify bringing someone else in, even though the West is the easiest it has probably ever been to win.

I don't think that is realistic or should be the expectation, but it will be a tougher decision for Trev if that happens.
Does anyone think trev is waiting till the end of the season

I really like the feeling I got from the win Saturday night, there was some nostalgia there with Mickey leading the team. I saw things that I liked, second half adjustments and toughness. I saw things that have plagued this team for years, penalties and boneheaded mistakes. All in all, as much as I want MJ to be successful, I am a realist. Trev just can't afford to tie his career as AD at NU to an unproven guy. I hope we keep MJ on staff, he could grow into a role like that and I hope he has much success the rest of the year.
Lol

Who's pumping their chest for Joseph?

Donte Williams went 3-7. Joseph would clearly have to do better than that. And if Trev can bring in someone remotely as successful as Riley that would be another matter as well.
A ton of people are.....no way Trev is waiting for the season to play out ......sorry

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back