• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you were Trev

Being a Steelers fan, I was underwhelmed when they selected Mike Tomlin as head coach. No HC experience, just a solid position/coordinator. Not comparing, just saying. Trev will make the right selection, at the end of the season. He's a smart guy. Most of the coaches he might be interested in are still coaching, so the colleges they work for won't allow Trev to talk to them until the regular season is over, most likely. Chill, have a drink, relax, and hope the Huskers win enough this season to get to a bowl. We stress enough on game day, no need to stress over something that is not going to happen for a couple months.

A ton of people are.....no way Trev is waiting for the season to play out ......sorry
Your either are going to have MASSIVE egg on your face and will lose all credibility in this room OR you are going to be spot on and be considered “the soothsayer farmer from Nebraska” instead of the mean farmer.

Does anyone think trev is waiting till the end of the season
The only way he isn't waiting until the end of season or late November, is if the coach he hires isn't currently head coaching somewhere. A head coach won't want to let everyone know a month before his current season is over that he'll be gone at the end of the year. Would kill any momentum for their current team.

The only way we get an earlier hire is if it is someone's assistant, and NFL guy, someone not employed as a coach currently, or it is Mickey. I don't think it is a forgone conclusion that it would be any of those.

Can he wait to see if other teams are making moves.......really
I agree with you on Trev needing to make moves. He doesn't need to wait around and see if Mickey is going to be "the guy". I fully believe that the job search process is going on strong.

That being said, if you think we are hiring someone else's head coach, we will not get an announcement until closer to the end of the season. Doesn't mean things won't be in place already, but you aren't going to get an October/early November announcement. That just isn't the way these things work. Especially, if the guy you are poaching has his team in contention for some sort of title.

Every single frost lover is a MJ lover

No your silly if you think that frosty boy.
I am the furthest thing from a Frosty Boy. I wanted him gone last year, show me a post where I have supported retaining him, you can't. Nice try, MF. ;)

Does anyone know what MJ's preferred O and D would look like? He was forced into what is going on. He inherited everything. What happens when its all on him?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back