• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you were Trev

OMG what is wrong with you beat down NU fans that a WR coach is your moon shot

3oKHWfbmb5OW8sEd3i.gif

I really like the feeling I got from the win Saturday night, there was some nostalgia there with Mickey leading the team. I saw things that I liked, second half adjustments and toughness. I saw things that have plagued this team for years, penalties and boneheaded mistakes. All in all, as much as I want MJ to be successful, I am a realist. Trev just can't afford to tie his career as AD at NU to an unproven guy. I hope we keep MJ on staff, he could grow into a role like that and I hope he has much success the rest of the year.
1 win over a crappy Indiana team........Win the west

A lot of good stuff in here but question the part where you said that we know he’s going to put together a staff of killers. How do we know this? What makes us believe he would organize a staff better than any other HC we have had in a while? Especially compared to a coach and staff presently proving they are getting it done somewhere like Kansas or Baylor.

As bad as this sounds……if MJ and staff manage to make a big run to end the season…..shouldn’t it be just as reasonable that the entire staff stays at Nebraska?
Like Scott Fraud

And that’s the dilemma - I’m not pro or anti Mickey, I just find it interesting the position we’re in. If Mickey does well, that’s awesome, but we likely already have our guy by that point.

Here’s a curveball, what if Mickey does well, but at already have our guy (and for arguments sake let’s say it’s someone at least 50%+ of Husker fans are behind) what if Mickey himself earns himself a head coaching job somewhere else?

Weird times ahead for sure! I do trust Trev and am happy he’s the one leading the ship here.
Colorado is open.

Trev's actions in the locker room after the win Saturday night were not indicative of someone who was planning to can Mickey (whether that means he stays as HC, or as an assistant, remains to be seen).

I think the answer is right in front of our noses, if you listen to Trev's comments. We need a grinder. A recruiter. Someone who puts the players in a position to be successful. Someone who wants a hard-nosed football team who will be the most physical. Someone who puts team before self. Doing things the right way on the field, in the locker room, and behind the scenes is more important than "winning the press conference."

Mickey doesn't have to win out, but the "intangibles" have to be there. On the other hand, he could win out, but do it unethically by berating players, disregarding player health or NCAA rules etc. -- and that would disqualify him from the job -- but I don't expect that to happen.

I think another thing to look for is how he responds to the inevitable adversity. What happens after a heartbreaking loss? What happens after a player makes a boneheaded penalty that affects the outcome of the game? (Hint: I think we've already seen a glimpse of this).
OMG WTHE LO

Some people will never give MJ the benefit, their mind is made up. He would have to win out to even be thought of as highly as other coaches. Sad really. MJ seems to have all the things that make up a good head coach. I’m interested to see more.
He has never built a program been a head coach at any level.......but wait he is mmmmmmjjjjj.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back