• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hutmacher wrestling

Some on here may remember an NFL defensive lineman by the name of Carlton Haselrig. Probably didn't know he was a three time Div 2 national champion at Pitt-Johnstown(?). Wrestling can sure help with balance, agility, etc. for a football player.

Another NFL player was offensive lineman Stephan Neal of the Patriots. National champion from Cal State Bakersfield. Was the last guy to beat Brock Lesnar in college wrestling.

Good effort against Iowa, lost 4-1 on a late takedown.
I just saw the end of that match turned it on to see the hoops game, he looked a little slow and overmatched against the Iowa guy, but I don’t really follow wrestling much to know if that’s ok or not.

I am very surprised Rhule and staff are ok with the kid dropping so much weight to do this.

And in Nash’s defense, the Iowa wrestler would get absolutely steamrolled trying to stop the run in memorial stadium, so there’s that.

Last edited:
I just saw the end of that match turned it on to see the hoops game, he looked a little slow and overmatched against the Iowa guy, but I don’t really follow wrestling much to know if that’s ok or not.

I am very surprised Rhule and staff are ok with the kid dropping so much weight to do this.

And in Nash’s defense, the Iowa wrestler would get absolutely steamrolled trying to stop the run in memorial stadium, so there’s that.
He was straight up out of gas. Not in wrestling shape at all.

He was gassed by the 3rd period. He had 60lbs on Hill but his size and strength couldn’t overcome Hill’s technique. As i said earlier in this thread 4 years away from the mat is a long time

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back