• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hutmacher wrestling

I just saw the end of that match turned it on to see the hoops game, he looked a little slow and overmatched against the Iowa guy, but I don’t really follow wrestling much to know if that’s ok or not.

I am very surprised Rhule and staff are ok with the kid dropping so much weight to do this.

And in Nash’s defense, the Iowa wrestler would get absolutely steamrolled trying to stop the run in memorial stadium, so there’s that.
Rhule said in an interview they wanted him to play lighter this year. Getting in wrestling shape may have been partly dual purpose. I am sure they will want him to add some back, but not all of it. He will be quicker next season.

He was gassed by the 3rd period. He had 60lbs on Hill but his size and strength couldn’t overcome Hill’s technique. As i said earlier in this thread 4 years away from the mat is a long time
Hill wrestled the way his coach told him to. Tie him up in the first period, don't let him get a take down. Don't let him score in the second and He'll tire out by the third period and you will be able to score on him. Not sure what our coach told Hutmaker but he didn't look like he was sure what to do. I was disappointed in how certain other individuals wrestled last night too. Iowa always comes motivated but not always true with NU!

Hill wrestled the way his coach told him to. Tie him up in the first period, don't let him get a take down. Don't let him score in the second and He'll tire out by the third period and you will be able to score on him. Not sure what our coach told Hutmaker but he didn't look like he was sure what to do. I was disappointed in how certain other individuals wrestled last night too. Iowa always comes motivated but not always true with NU!
I was looking at the rosters at the start of the match and thought it (team score) would come down to the HWT match. Then we lost at 197 and lost the dual. Don't know if that added any pressure for Nash, probably didn't help, but he had other issues to deal with.

It may take him a bit to get to the level of D1 wrestling, but it will help him immensely for football as well.

I don't know much about wrestling but I have heard it is a phenomenal sport for overall core strength and fitness.

He gets into real wrestling shape and adds 30 lbs on top of that I can imagine he will be a true football beast.

Yeah they definitely looked lethargic in a couple matches last night

Silas looked like he would have rather been in alot of other places than on that mat. Not sure what's going on with Robb, maybe holdover effects from his issue?

Manning has done really well with the program and I don't want to come across as negative, but I think the one area of criticism is around your bolded comment. Sometimes the guys just don't look prepared / motivated. That is never so apparent than at the NCAAs (as a broad brush statement; not knocking every individual).

I don't know much about wrestling but I have heard it is a phenomenal sport for overall core strength and fitness.

He gets into real wrestling shape and adds 30 lbs on top of that I can imagine he will be a true football beast.
Look up Carlton Haselrig (Steelers)

(Try to look past the CTE years)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back