• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers back in the picture for Aaron Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from your link:

Seems as though it was a numbers thing -- Which your quote really doesn't point out. Terrible situation, no doubt, but I wanted to add that on.

Frankly, this is one I hadn't heard of.
Hearsay on my part, but Bodtmann supposedly didn't maintain contact with the coaches for quite a while, and did not follow the rehab and conditioning program they set up for him.

Correct....as I said it was a medical issue....

Hearsay on my part, but Bodtmann supposedly didn't maintain contact with the coaches for quite a while, and did not follow the rehab and conditioning program they set up for him.

Correct....as I said it was a medical issue....

It was partly due to the condition and partly due to lack of disclosure from the kid regarding this and a couple other issues. You can't expect a program to hold a slot if openness is a one-way street.

It's a good thing to do business with honesty and integrity, but at the same time, if you're going to be successful, you can't be everyone's sucker. Those who know the situation know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yes that too....

Yup and in this case Bo and staff were the ones in the right not the youngman despite what was posted above from the school paper.....because its in print does not make it true as we both know....

And yes I know the situation....I was trying to be nice...:) :)

It was partly due to the condition and partly due to lack of disclosure from the kid regarding this and a couple other issues. You can't expect a program to hold a slot if openness is a one-way street.

It's a good thing to do business with honesty and integrity, but at the same time, if you're going to be successful, you can't be everyone's sucker. Those who know the situation know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yes that too....

Yup and in this case Bo and staff were the ones in the right not the youngman despite what was posted above from the school paper.....because its in print does not make it true as we both know....

And yes I know the situation....I was trying to be nice...:) :)

Well, I doubt very much that any of us know the full story or the side that the player and his family would present. I do know that we used to honor the offers of players injured in high school and many schools still do. Case in point:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-to-honor-scholarship-of-injured-2012-signee/

Seems to me that we had another LB recruit (Chris Williams) recently that we honored his offer after a debilitating high school injury. He later requested his release. I don't know the details of either case, but I do know that the kid's family who's offer was pulled was quite upset as was his coach, who called us "unethical."

Last edited:

Really...this injured HS kid suckered everyone? LOL. He did go on to play in college for Maine...so it's not like he faked an injury to get a freebie scholarship.

http://www.examiner.com/article/university-of-maine-football-preview
With Givans, Dennis and Shawn Bodtman at LB, they should be very solid as are the safeties in Coston and McMillian

Last edited:
While it's true that no one has the full story....I do know that scholarships are offered and given based on how the kid has played in high school up to the point it is accepted. After they verbally commit, they are given certain things that they either need to work on, or maintain in order to keep that scholarship offer. For some kids it is academics, some kids it's weight room stuff, some kids it's footwork, some kids it's off the field troubles, etc. All I know is when you don't work on what they tell you to, and then the communication starts to be less and less, that is when the coaches will re-evaluate. If you can't do what is asked of you before you even sign the dotted line, ti's best to part ways before even getting on campus....for both parties.

I am glad too...but from what I've been hearing lately Stanton is much better...but nothing says we can't land the two best QB's in the country.

After reading a couple of your posts it seems your pretty high on Stanton. Just a heads up, he, himself has stated that even though he will be camping at UNL this week, we have cooled on him and arent talking to him everyday like we were in the past. Take it if fwiw.

After reading a couple of your posts it seems your pretty high on Stanton. Just a heads up, he, himself has stated that even though he will be camping at UNL this week, we have cooled on him and arent talking to him everyday like we were in the past. Take it if fwiw.

That is SOOO Unethical. Bo should be chastised! ;);)

Last edited:

No. i just thought he said that. I do not recall exactly what he said, I'll see if I can find it. I am also not certain that he is interested in this kid anymore (if not, it's probably because of what he said). Get rid of the hate, it will consume you.

You won't find it. Well, at least not outside of your own agenda.

I already said I thought it had been Bailey, and you say that is incorrect. Fine. So who is it then? Can you at least give us a hint? When we find out who it is will we:
1) Be overcome with emotion and weep uncontrollably with joy?
2) Smile broadly and give a loud "Huzzah!" of acclamation?
3) Say, "Looks like he might fit in okay."
4) Wish the coaches had done some more scrambling. ;)
5) Gnash our teeth, curse the coaches and scream that we are doomed and the sky is falling?
:)

I don't know you tell us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back