• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers back in the picture for Aaron Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do tell....interested to know how you know this??

FWIW the staff let Jordan Westerkmap visit Notre Dame last year after he was a commit....they were not wild abou it....nor would I be in their place...but it was best that he found out which school was for him....and it worked out okay.....

We just flipped a kid from Pittsburgh....so why would we not be interested in Bailey?

In fairness to you though I believe you are correct that when Bo first came to Nebraska that was his stance....which in fairness he has lightened up on...Coaches grow in all facets of the game....

Well, I did not say I knew we were not interested, so you really shouldn't pick a fight on that topic.

As far as Westerkamp, what were we going to do? We couldn't stop him, all we could do is pull his offer. And, why would we do that? Pull the schollie of the absolute star of an already low rated class? i don't think so.

I have to admit, I do not know much about the kid that flipped from Pittsburgh, but I hope that he flipped on his own and that we didn't flip him. After all, there are so many players out there that we haven't had a chance to review film on yet, right? Why would we waste time trying to flip players when there is so much talent just waiting to be found...emerging talant that may have their star ratings jacked up any minute as N2FL pointed out. Maybe even a few in our backyard rated as highly as the Pittsburgh kid:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/05/30/recruiting-in-state-lineman-looking-for-offers/

Finally, if Bo is changing, that is a good thing. I'm hoping for a metamorphosis.

Last edited:
We flipped him...our coaches convinced him to visit and he switched...happens all of the time...all is far in love and recruiting.....

You mean like Urban Meyer who flipped 9 kids last year after he was named coach at Ohio State....go figure huh?

And yes still alot of talent out there..much of it very underrated and under valued.....

Mike Shoff is going to South Dakota State for a reason...but I think you arleady know that...

Well, I did not say I knew we were not interested, so you really shouldn't pick a fight on that topic.

As far as Westerkamp, what were we going to do? We couldn't stop him, all we could do is pull his offer. And, why would we do that? Pull the schollie of the absolute star of an already low rated class? i don't think so.

I have to admit, I do not know much about the kid that flipped from Pittsburgh, but I hope that he flipped on his own and that we didn't flip him. After all, there are so many players out there that we haven't had a chance to review film on yet, right? Why would we waste time trying to flip players when there is so much talent just waiting to be found...emerging talant that may have their star ratings jacked up any minute as N2FL pointed out. Maybe even a few in our backyard rated as highly as the Pittsburgh kid:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/05/30/recruiting-in-state-lineman-looking-for-offers/

Finally, if Bo is changing, that is a good thing. I'm hoping for a metamorphosis.

We flipped him...our coaches convinced him to visit and he switched...happens all of the time...all is far in love and recruiting.....

You mean like Urban Meyer who flipped 9 kids last year after he was named coach at Ohio State....go figure huh?

And yes still alot of talent out there..much of it very underrated and under valued.....

Mike Shoff is going to South Dakota State for a reason...but I think you arleady know that...

Well, perhaps it is good that we flipped him. we haven't had great luck with our 4-star linemen recruits, perhaps getting a 3-star to flip will produce better results.

I can certainly understand why 9 players would flip from other schools to OSU this past year. They were likely waiting to see how OSU made out in the scandal and to find out who would be coach. I'm sure many kids would love to join that program to play for UM, since he's been known to have great success.

If there is so much talent out there, why pick up this 3-star so early? What if we find a better lineman? Will Bo just pull the offer?

That article named 3 local players, not just Shoff. BTW, what was the reason? Because we expected the local kid to walk on while we pay for the like-rated out of towner?

Last edited:
The kid we flipped from Pittsburgh is very underrated....from a small rural school in Indiana....he was worth flipping....in my mind he is a 4-star handsdown...good job by our staff on this one....no Bo won't pull the offer....he has never done that since he was at Nebraska...

Shoff tore his knee up and camped with us last summer and did not show well....nor did he in the season....had an Iowa offer and they pulled it....

Had nothing to do with us expecting a local kid to walk-on....he didn't earn a scholarship....and chose to go the 1AA route on a full ride.....as good as he was going get....

Well, perhaps it is good that we flipped him. we haven't had great luck with our 4-star linemen recruits, perhaps getting a 3-star to flip will produce better results.

I can certainly understand why 9 players would flip from other schools to OSU this past year. They were likely waiting to see how OSU made out in the scandal and to find out who would be coach. I'm sure many kids would love to join that program to play for UM, since he's been known to have great success.

If there is so much talent out there, why pick up this 3-star so early? What if we find a better lineman? Will Bo just pull the offer?

That article named 3 local players, not just Shoff. BTW, what was the reason? Because we expected the local kid to walk on while we pay for the like-rated out of towner?

Even though my view is not the same as some of the Greatest Fans of All.. ;) I'm glad we maybe back in the hunt for Bailey. GBR

This recruiting has to take its toll on coaches and kids. The Illini coach thinks he has a QB for the future and something to build a class around and the kid changes his mind. The young man is obviously confused with everybody and their grandmother more than likely giving him their opinion on where to go and when to announce. It just seems like a stressful situation for a 17 or 18 year old to be dealing with.
The coach on the other hand may have his job hanging on the decision this young man makes. It just seems like a ton of stress all around.

The kid we flipped from Pittsburgh is very underrated....from a small rural school in Indiana....he was worth flipping....in my mind he is a 4-star handsdown...good job by our staff on this one....no Bo won't pull the offer....he has never done that since he was at Nebraska...

Shoff tore his knee up and camped with us last summer and did not show well....nor did he in the season....had an Iowa offer and they pulled it....

Had nothing to do with us expecting a local kid to walk-on....he didn't earn a scholarship....and chose to go the 1AA route on a full ride.....as good as he was going get....

No big deal but, FYI:

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sport...alty-in-flip-flopping-in-recruiting-1.1353436
Talk is cheap, apparently.

So, too, are oral agreements like the one Nebraska made to Scranton, Pa., linebacker Shawn Bodtmann last April.

Bodtmann was the second commitment to Nebraska's 2009 recruiting class, making his pledge shortly after visiting NU for the annual Red-White scrimmage.

His senior season was marred by an injury, but Bodtmann persevered, returned to the field and then began focusing on his future as a Cornhusker.

Last week, Bodtmann's post-graduate plans took a hit. Nebraska pulled its scholarship offer to the straight-A student after more than nine months of Bodtmann planning, preparing and telling other schools that he would not be attending.

Last edited:

Also from your link:

Last week, Bodtmann's post-graduate plans took a hit. Nebraska pulled its scholarship offer to the straight-A student after more than nine months of Bodtmann planning, preparing and telling other schools that he would not be attending.

"Colleges have to do what they think is best," said Rivals.com recruiting analyst Jeremy Crabtree. "There's no way to feel good about the situation. I'm sure Nebraska didn't feel good determining the kid wouldn't fit into their system."

Days later, Nebraska picked up another commitment from Eric Martin, a highly-sought linebacker out of Moreno Valley, Calif. who chose NU over Arizona and Arizona State.

Seems as though it was a numbers thing -- Which your quote really doesn't point out. Terrible situation, no doubt, but I wanted to add that on.

Frankly, this is one I hadn't heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back