• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker DC Erik Chinander signs extension, earns raise to $850,000 for 2022

C'mon man.

You know that's not true in my case.

I can't say that it would be a universal opinion, but the list of 'We're close' fans would be really short.
You are probably correct however you did respond to my thread as you guys. So you must not be one of us guys.

Responses towards Captkenny aren’t based on a single post. These arguments have built up over the last six months with both sides remembering what each has said.
And some remembering things that were never said! Right?

:Rolf:

Im sorry your line of reasoning was savagely rejected by TA. Just get over it. He chose to look beyond win loss and 4 years. He saw what you saw and he saw things you didn’t see. He watched practices and spoke to coaches and I imagine he spoke to players as well. took into account improvement that had occurred as well as the terms of the original contract. It doesn’t mean that Frost won’t be fired nex5 year. Just try to get over TA’s decision and just hold out hope that you get to see coach firings next year. You may yet get that satisfying feeling from watching an ex coach walking out the door. And if Frost and this team pull a rabbit out a hat next year and get around the corner, try to enjoy that as much as you would have enjoyed a win with a new staff.

And some remembering things that were never said! Right?

:Rolf:

Im sorry your line of reasoning was savagely rejected by TA. Just get over it. He chose to look beyond win loss and 4 years. He saw what you saw and he saw things you didn’t see. He watched practices and spoke to coaches and I imagine he spoke to players as well. took into account improvement that had occurred as well as the terms of the original contract. It doesn’t mean that Frost won’t be fired nex5 year. Just try to get over TA’s decision and just hold out hope that you get to see coach firings next year. You may yet get that satisfying feeling from watching an ex coach walking out the door. And if Frost and this team pull a rabbit out a hat next year and get around the corner, try to enjoy that as much as you would have enjoyed a win with a new staff.
If only TA could have done that with the hockey team at UNO. Once a proud program.

If only TA could have done that with the hockey team at UNO. Once a proud program.
I guess. Not a hockey fan.

But you do raise a good point. There is no guarantee that Trev will guide the BB and FB program to a high level of success. But I do think he has shown some patience wisdom so far. The new coaches might turn out well. But bringing in a new offensive staff has as many risks as it has rewards.

The staff has done a great job in the portal. Hopefully, that plays dividends like it did with Toure without creating any issues in the ranks.

I guess. Not a hockey fan.

But you do raise a good point. There is no guarantee that Trev will guide the BB and FB program to a high level of success. But I do think he has shown some patience wisdom so far. The new coaches might turn out well. But bringing in a new offensive staff has as many risks as it has rewards.

The staff has done a great job in the portal. Hopefully, that plays dividends like it did with Toure without creating any issues in the ranks.
. I give you 5 stars for this post.

I guess everyone has different hopes. Continuing to improve hoping to finally get to a bowl game is about all we should be hoping for.

We can hope for anything we want. But sometimes it’s best to temper our expectations with where the team “is” at a given time than expecting the Huskers of the 90’s to suddenly come out of the tunnel. Setting incremental goals is not the same as giving up on long term goals. Husker fans may need to come to terms with what “success” looks like in the B1G so we know whether to fire our next 9-10 win coach or extend their contract.

We can hope for anything we want. But sometimes it’s best to temper our expectations with where the team “is” at a given time than expecting the Huskers of the 90’s to suddenly come out of the tunnel. Setting incremental goals is not the same as giving up on long term goals. Husker fans may need to come to terms with what “success” looks like in the B1G so we know whether to fire our next 9-10 win coach or extend their contract.
We certainly seem to have a fair amount of fans who have already done this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back