• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker DC Erik Chinander signs extension, earns raise to $850,000 for 2022

Well earned? For what? 3 horrific defenses in 4 years. The one decent defense was very average at best. I just don’t see the need for a raise given what he has put forth. It could have waited, see what he does in 2022 w o all his super seniors. He wasn’t going anywhere.
This, have to look at the Def when talking a 3-9 record

Performing better than Hoiberg?
I’m not even talking about Hoiberg. He has his own issues. This is football, and to me, raises should come when earned. I don’t believe he has earned an increase, yet. Let’s see some more. Let’s see an even better defense in 2022, then we can talk about a more significant raise. I’m not sure we haven’t seen his ceiling. We will see. I absolutely 100% want him to prove me wrong, because that benefits the Cornhuskers. To me, the 2021 defense should have been even better than it was, given what he had to work with. It DID NOT get stops when it absolutely had to. Show us some more. Let’s see it.

The defense points per game, was prob better than it appeared, because of points allowed by OTHER THAN the defense, was 29 points, which is 2.5 pt per game, but were the direct reasons for 3 losses, 9 points vs illinois, 9 points vs iowa, and the late punt return by mich st. each of those losses were avoidable if the team doesnt give up spec teams points, safetys or def tds. you can hardly put that on Coach Chin.

Seriously, I'm not arguing the point with HIO anymore. It's pointless.

You can't look at what this defense did last year and come to the 'They suck. They went 3-9' conclusion and have a serious discussion.
They came in between Purdue and Ill in total defense. not buying they were all that good.

We can look at stats we can look at record. We’re they horrible did they suck… no

They were average

I’m not even talking about Hoiberg. He has his own issues. This is football, and to me, raises should come when earned. I don’t believe he has earned an increase, yet. Let’s see some more. Let’s see an even better defense in 2022, then we can talk about a more significant raise. I’m not sure we haven’t seen his ceiling. We will see. I absolutely 100% want him to prove me wrong, because that benefits the Cornhuskers. To me, the 2021 defense should have been even better than it was, given what he had to work with. It DID NOT get stops when it absolutely had to. Show us some more. Let’s see it.
OK, so you disagree.

I thought they were the best performing and best prepared phase of the game this season.

Offense couldn't score enough points and special teams couldn't get out of their own way (or into anyone else's).

Not saying the D was "great" but it was better.

Well earned? For what? 3 horrific defenses in 4 years. The one decent defense was very average at best. I just don’t see the need for a raise given what he has put forth. It could have waited, see what he does in 2022 w o all his super seniors. He wasn’t going anywhere.
I get the feeling you would complain about Georgia's defense if you could. If you cannot see that the defense has improved then I don't know what to say.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back