• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How much to pay out frosts contract?

Yup. That’s a big if on whether or not you could get an Aranda type guy to come here. If you were the next hot assistant with a chance at a head job unfortunately Nebraska would be near the bottom of the list of those jobs. Nebraska is unique in its unwavering expectations. Ask Frank or Bo.
nah...many would take it

he was the only real hot commodity we would ever get.
I don’t believe that anymore simply because Nebraska was never willing to pay the big money before Frost. If Nebraska does part with Frost in the next few years then we’ll see who’s willing to come here for $5-$7 million a season. The thing is are we the fan base willing to part with the “Nebraska Way” for good?

Last edited:

I don’t believe that anymore simply because Nebraska was never willing to pay the big money before Frost. If Nebraska does part with Frost in the next few years then we’ll see who’s willing to come here for $5-$7 million a season. The thing is are we the fan base willing to part with the “Nebraska Way” for good?
That "willing to pay" line is nonsense.

SP would have paid...nobody wanted to work for him.

TO considered (honestly) only 2 individuals. He didn't land on Pelini because he was cheap.

SE got exactly who he wanted.

ZERO coaches are leaving Bama, Clemson, Osu, etc. to come to NU....For any amount of money.

Our next coach will come from the MAC(ish) ranks or an assistant from some top 10 program.

That "willing to pay" line is nonsense.

SP would have paid...nobody wanted to work for him.

TO considered (honestly) only 2 individuals. He didn't land on Pelini because he was cheap.

SE got exactly who he wanted.

ZERO coaches are leaving Bama, Clemson, Osu, etc. to come to NU....For any amount of money.

Our next coach will come from the MAC(ish) ranks or an assistant from some top 10 program.
you’re kidding yourself if you think the willingness to pay was nonsense. Until Gwen and Bounds there was nobody in the administration who would have signed off on the equivalent of $5 million a year. Do you think Perlman was going to sign off on paying $2 million a year in 2004 when the highest paid coach was Saban at LSU at $2.3 mill? If SP would have been able to go out and offer $1.8-$2 million he might have been able to find someone better then Callahan. Yes no one wanted to work with him but they surely didn’t want to do it for Nebraska could pay at the time.

you’re kidding yourself if you think the willingness to pay was nonsense. Until Gwen and Bounds there was nobody in the administration who would have signed off on the equivalent of $5 million a year. Do you think Perlman was going to sign off on paying $2 million a year in 2004 when the highest paid coach was Saban at LSU at $2.3 mill? If SP would have been able to go out and offer $1.8-$2 million he might have been able to find someone better then Callahan. Yes no one wanted to work with him but they surely didn’t want to do it for Nebraska could pay at the time.
Irrelevant. NU didn't miss out on head coaches because of money. MAYBE the SP hire but I contend that he did go after some names ut they wanted no part of it for other reasons.

And they won't lure a top P5 coach with any amount of money.

Last edited:

Covid a throw away year, shouldn’t make any decisions based on it.
I’m all for this, but the truth is there’s not a true realistic viable path forward into any consistent level of success for the football team in this conference with this head coach and coaching staff.

Other than HCSF what "Nebraska Way" is left. Not type or style of offense Nebraska was founded on"... Blackshirt D not since Suh.

Frost system is not working. He needs to go to something else.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back