• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How Important was Carl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This will be viewed as blastphemy, but this team hasn't played championship caliber football since Shawn Watson left. I feel like the staff hasn't been as cohesive since he left. Could be a coincidence but we've been trending down since his departure. Our offensive numbers have improved, but as a program wev'e gone backwards. Not saying it has anything to do with his x and o offensive philosophy...but he must have been a good leader that the team believed in.

Hate to burst your bubble but the defense is the big problem this year. Yes the offense needs to curtail the turnovers but they have played much better than the defense. Shawn Watson did not coach defense my friend and just take a look at our offensive production the last couple years he was here.

Then you, sir, have forgotten the three Big 12 North Division Champion trophies we won with Watson calling the shots! :wave:

Dear God, are you crediting WATSON with those B12N Championships? Watson was AWFUL... and no, it wasn't Bo's fault. Bo realized that the only way to make it thru the season was to reduce Watson to playing checkers, because in the chess match... he was getting destroyed by opposing coordinators.

Tim Beck is a huge upgrade IMO.

... and FWIW, Sanders is the missing link. When he was here, every one of Bo's defenses were led by dominant secondaries that absolutely BLANKETED the receivers. Even Ciante Evans, when Sanders was here... looked like the next Husker AA. Remove the coach... and look where were at. Coaching has A LOT more to do with the equation than most folks think.

Last edited:

The Impaler said:
:thumbsup: I think Manning and the Broncos are gonna make a big second half run. Probably won't be really good until next year though. Gotta give Manning and the offense time to gel. Ok, enought thread jacking.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night!:wave:

Been waiting on this one FC, but I told ya :Biggrin: :wave:

Not speaking from an offensive standpoint...just saying that Watson as a leader may have been a big loss. The last 2 years Watson was here, he was completely hamstrung by Bo with an offense he didn't believe in. Watson was a West Coast guy and excelled here when we ran that offense.

:rolfl:

Excellent in all areas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back