• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How Important was Carl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what the issue was with Sanders. I wish we had him back.

Amen to that. I'm starting to think he had a lot more to do with Bo's success in 2003/8/9 than we suspected. In fact, if he were still on staff he'd probably be the D-Coordinator at this point.

Last edited:

WE ARE NOT PINING FOR THE DAYS OF THE GLORIOUS SHAWN WATSON OFFENSE, ARE WE?

NU's offensive stats vs. UT in 2009 CCG: 5 first downs, 67 yards rushing, 106 yards total.

Not speaking from an offensive standpoint...just saying that Watson as a leader may have been a big loss. The last 2 years Watson was here, he was completely hamstrung by Bo with an offense he didn't believe in. Watson was a West Coast guy and excelled here when we ran that offense.

WE ARE NOT PINING FOR THE DAYS OF THE GLORIOUS SHAWN WATSON OFFENSE, ARE WE?

NU's offensive stats vs. UT in 2009 CCG: 5 first downs, 67 yards rushing, 106 yards total.

LOL, I don't think anyone is pining for Watson, but if you think that Watson was doing anything except what Bo told him to do in that game, you are way out there. Anyone who was paying attention knows that Bo put the handcuffs on Watson after the ISU debacle. He had a great defense and he chose to run the most conservatively ridiculous offense possible. That decision and lack of trust, was poor coaching and likely cost us the B12 championship.

LOL, I don't think anyone is pining for Watson, but if you think that Watson was doing anything except what Bo told him to do in that game, you are way out there. Anyone who was paying attention knows that Bo put the handcuffs on Watson after the ISU debacle. He had a great defense and he chose to run the most conservatively ridiculous offense possible. That decision and lack of trust, was poor coaching and likely cost us the B12 championship.

Bo turned chicken crap into chicken salad with that roster.... sadly we seem to be trending back to chicken crap

I'm pretty sure you wrote Shawn Watson by accident and meant to write Tom Osborne. I don't remember any 'championships' under Watson of any sort. Your paragraph makes perfect sense with TO in there tho.

Then you, sir, have forgotten the three Big 12 North Division Champion trophies we won with Watson calling the shots! :wave:

I always liked Carl. Probably impossible for anybody on the outside to ever know what his total contribution was. I suspect he was a good sounding board for Bo.

This. Not sure why people think this year is any different than last. And IIRC didn't Carl have MORE input last year than years prior?

I thought I saw Bo with the play chart and holding it over his mouth while calling a play last week. Could be wrong though.

You are right about that. I have seen him with that sheet every week. Make no mistake about it, he is making the game day calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back