• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How good are these Huskers?

I agree with everything here except 2-1 against NW being acceptable.

We lose 24 RPI points with each win of NW. Don’t even think of how many we lose with a loss. Our RPI plummets this week even with a sweep of NW.
Yes, I see our rpi is getting worse and worse after each win!! I see our rpi is now117, after the sweep!!! :eek:

Last edited:

If

If we are to have any hope of making the tourney (other than winning the BIG tourney) we have to win every series left and sweep purdue and minnesota and not lose any mid week games.

Hard ask, but possible
Thought we were sailing a bit smoother than that. Agree, it sounds hard.

Somber article in today's OWH by Evan Bland about the Huskers true inability to dramatically improve their RPI based on mid-week competition and the overall weakness of the BigX conference.

After freezing my butt off the last two days watching this team play with absolutely no heart or effort, I think we can call this season done and another disappointment. Only hope now is the big ten tournament. Anything is possible but team needs to get their mojo back.

As it's turning out, our schedule is one of the weaker schedules in the Big Ten. That probably exposed us when we played an above-average team in Iowa.

Nebraska has one quad 1 win this season. 104 D-I teams have more wins against quad 1 competition. Vanderbilt would be our lone strong win. Nice at the time, but it appears that was an anomaly. That opening series sweep in losing to San Diego -- SD has a losing record.

# of quad 1 games played this season by Big Ten teams:

Indiana: 14
Illinois: 12
Minnesota: 10
Michigan: 9
Ohio State: 9
Maryland: 8
Penn State: 8
Rutgers: 7
Michigan State: 7
Iowa: 5
Northwestern: 4
Nebraska: 4
Purdue: 2

Nebraska's strength-of-schedule is currently ranked 164th nationally. It's predicted to finish the season ranked 235th. Our next 6 games are against garbage opponents, which will provide us little value for a post-season resume.

Last edited:
As it's turning out, our schedule is one of the weaker schedules in the Big Ten. That probably exposed us when we played an above-average team in Iowa.

Nebraska has one quad 1 win this season. 104 D-I teams have more wins against quad 1 competition. Vanderbilt would be our lone strong win. Nice at the time, but it appears that was an anomaly. That opening series sweep in losing to San Diego -- SD has a losing record.

# of quad 1 games played this season by Big Ten teams:

Indiana: 14
Illinois: 12
Minnesota: 10
Ohio State: 10
Maryland: 8
Penn State: 8
Michigan: 7
Rutgers: 7
Michigan State: 6
Iowa: 5
Northwestern: 4
Nebraska: 3
Purdue: 2
This isn't working out as enjoyment to help carry me thru 130 days til football!

Our rpi is probably accurate at this point. We're a mid 100 team. Not nearly good enough for what we spend and for the support the team gets. Half the fans in the terrible park at Iowa were husker fans.

The sad thing is once again there is nothing to build off or hope for next year. Brice, Max, and Emmett likely all gone. Who knows if. Jace will be healthy enough to come back.

We're a lot like Hoiberg basketball -- complete rebuild every year. This just isn't fun to be around.

We're a lot like Hoiberg basketball -- complete rebuild every year. This just isn't fun to be around.
My thoughts exactly. We have the fans and the facilities. We need a game changing hire at head coach like football just received.

This upcoming weekend against the hapless gophers will tell us if we’re a really mediocre team or a team that has simply quit.

Either way, not much to look forward to next year.

I’m guessing there are still some folks in here saying that the RPI doesn’t matter. Currently it’s 98th. It does, and did matter, especially when you are playing junk teams who also have poor RPI’s. How the hell do you move up your RPI when you play bad teams constantly? Reading some of this nonsense is laughable. Ohhhh, they’ll move up is what some said. Lol. Really? How? Hell, they can’t even beat bad teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back