• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How do we spew our venom

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN wants reaction. If can be good or bad but reaction sells. And if all else fails they can apologize and rake in an even bigger profit windfall. Ignoring them is the only answer.

Money talks. Just not watching want change that fact. So my suggestion is to pick a few large companies that advertise on ESPN such as Nike. And tell them to pull their advertising dollars and stop buying their products. If there is a large enough sales drop to the those companies, that is a real and tangible affect and they will pressure EPSN to straighten their act.

Option 2 is the suggestion to have a classic TO response.

Money talks. Just not watching want change that fact. So my suggestion is to pick a few large companies that advertise on ESPN such as Nike. And tell them to pull their advertising dollars and stop buying their products. If there is a large enough sales drop to the those companies, that is a real and tangible affect and they will pressure EPSN to straighten their act.

The first options isn't really an option. Nike, Adidas, Apple...none of them are going to budge an inch based on NU fans "boycotting" them.

Didn't say YOU would do that. And most wouldn't. But SOME nutjob probably will. And even if someone doesn't go that far some will still go farther than they should. So yeah, I think it would be cool if TO came out and suggested we just ignore it....make a statement in total support of Bo...etc. He could do it a way that, in TO style, would stick it in ESPN's --- but subtle and come off looking better than if ESPN got a million irate emails.
Yep, I wouldn't go all nut job, I see what your saying but would love to see Huskernation drop one right back in their lap. If TO came out and said ignore it, well I would. You know Bils... just don't like our coach dissed on national

So do we not reply to ESPN like we dont reply to GFOA,,,treat em like posers that dont know the true history of husker football, and have a hidden agenda and come out after every loss and spout..... wait... GFOA has been silent lately..... ooops, never mind... the silence and no "LOL" and "obviouslys" haven't shown up for a month now....why is that????????

True that boycotting wouldn't have an impact. But also illustrates the sad truth of how little power consumers can influence companies like ESPN.

Are you serious? And exactly how does that work?

Ya wanna shut ESPN up...well, Bo didn't give them any fodder today because he didn't go ballistic and we won. Those two thinks kinda resolve the issue.

True that boycotting wouldn't have an impact. But also illustrates the sad truth of how little power consumers can influence companies like ESPN.

Consumers can influence companies...it just it's gotta be about something more than boohooing about someone going off on a coach going off

Last edited:
ESPN stiring the pot again...and it worked....like Bils said just ignore them....

Ignore it.

I don't watch them.

Not watch ESPN

Try telling that to all of the recruits that do nothing but watch ESPN. What transpired today has the potential to be damaging to a program. Do I think it will hurt us, probably not. If it turns away one recruit, well then yes it is damaging. In the era of the Craig James's I guarantee you people pay attention. And rather or not if you choose to ignore it, it does not help out whatsoever.

Start a petition at whitehouse.org and make the Prez address it when it gets more than 25k signatures!!

Exactly. Just ignore it. Why "spew venom"? What good does it do other than making husker fans look crazy? Unfortunately, Husker Nation will flip out on ESPN and I'm afraid that could also end up being a story if one or more take it too far. Venom will only make NU look worse.

It would be hilarious if we had a petition at whitehouse.org stating "We aren't exactly happy with the comments but understand that people have their own opinions." We could get 25K easy!

It would be hilarious if we had a petition at whitehouse.org stating "We aren't exactly happy with the comments but understand that people have their own opinions." We could get 25K easy!

Honestly, at only 25K, we could probably get a new petition addressed every week, without even using bots.

Try telling that to all of the recruits that do nothing but watch ESPN. What transpired today has the potential to be damaging to a program. Do I think it will hurt us, probably not. If it turns away one recruit, well then yes it is damaging. In the era of the Craig James's I guarantee you people pay attention. And rather or not if you choose to ignore it, it does not help out whatsoever.

Maybe not but do you think the recruiting relationships that our coaches build are that fragile or that the social media savvy recruits would miss some of the player interviews that followed last weeks game?

We can't do much about what ESPN says (sure, don't give them anything) because they will drive the agenda they choose.

Maybe not but do you think the recruiting relationships that our coaches build are that fragile or that the social media savvy recruits would miss some of the player interviews that followed last weeks game?

We can't do much about what ESPN says (sure, don't give them anything) because they will drive the agenda they choose.

The effect, if any, would be more subtle than someone they are really "in" with right now saying "no thanks". Could be some sophomore or Junior where that realationship isn't even established yet...sitting around with his dad watching this morning saying "man, that dude's bananas!"

Then again it might work both ways. How many times have you heard people say "i'd let my son play for Bobby Knight any day!" I know my dad did. Too bad my dad's son never had the skills!

The effect, if any, would be more subtle than someone they are really "in" with right now saying "no thanks". Could be some sophomore or Junior where that realationship isn't even established yet...sitting around with his dad watching this morning saying "man, that dude's bananas!"

Then again it might work both ways. How many times have you heard people say "i'd let my son play for Bobby Knight any day!" I know my dad did. Too bad my dad's son never had the skills!

Yeah...and the kid can be watching the Nebraska games and say the same thing without having seen gameday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back