• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How do we spew our venom

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents. It was unfair and one sided. Desmond seemed uninformed on the entire situation.... No surprise. Best response is to leave it alone. Bo and team keep improving and winning.

We spew our venom by doing what all first class acts do. We continue to pay attention to business, we work hard to continue to improve ourselves, and we Win!

My man Snyder?

Ya see I just don't walk in lock-step with all husker fans. I hated KSU as much as anyone back in the day. But I've come to respect what a great coach Snyder is. Yeah, KSU fans were insufferable back then. But then again, I'm guessing KSU fans were pretty sick of arrogant husker fans...so maybe it's a wash. Regardless, I do believe Snyder is one of the top 2-3 coaches in my lifetime. What he's done is absolutely amazing. It probably wouldn't have been harder to start a program from scratch...that's how bad KSU was. And now he's validated his genius by coming as close as he did to playing for a national title in his second stint. I've got a ton of respect for his accomplishments. Yes, I was rooting for them.

You are right. Nobody's perfect. And I don't expect Pelini to be. That doesn't mean he can't improve on his coaching and demeanor. I'll never engage in blind loyalty though. What can I say...my opinions will often clash with those that DO engage in blind loyalty. I'm good with that. Even when idiots want to question my "fandom"...that's just weak sauce in lieu of substance.

And no...not worried about Creighton today. Hopefully, Coach Mcd pulls his head out and gets the scubs plenty of playing time today! :)

Did you see the gameday piece? it was a one-sided speculative slander job - deserving of an official response from the University (if not legal representation).

There are big time stake$ & clearly it was an ESPN attempt to discredit Pelini & derail the work he's done in Lincoln.

& yet, NU & it's fans seem to embarrass you - that's weak sauce IMO.

I didn't see the piece, but it sounds to me like Corso was right in his assessment (not sure about DH). If Nebraska were to start losing, Pelini popping a vein on the sidelines 3-4 times on camera per game might not go over too well with fans, boosters or recruits.

Look, this isn't about "being a fan" or having Bo's back. In todays day and age, these stories make huge headlines because society at large is under an increasingly magnified microscope. If, and I repeat "if", Pelini were to go all ape*** on a player (Woody Hayes style) and get into a physical altercation with a player (God forbid something like that were to happen), but IF it did... people would be all over the program about how Bo's aggressive "behavior" toward his college players was swept under the rug because we were winning, but the signs were there that this was a possibility and nobody did anything about it. Nebraska would be crucified for tolerating this behavior, etc... It'd be like the LP thing and we'd be labeled a "win-at-all-costs" program just like the 90's. I understand that other coaches get caught yelling, etc, but Bo gets especially crazy looking, veins popping, face red- he has that "Im gonna rip off your head and **** down your neck" kind of face. Hell, we've had about 2 dozen threads on this board where people are easily as critical as ESPN's piece (so i hear).

If we don't want Nebraska to be associated with this kind of thing, I'd say the responsible thing to do would be to have our coach be more mindful of his behavior, rather than calling ESPN out for calling BO out. I hope this doesn't make me less of a fan. Im a big Bo fan, but he needs work in this area.

If you "don't thank god for much" but choose TO's hiring of pelini to be one of those rare times you do then you are the one with the issues...not Pelini "haters". Just because some don't believe he's perfect doesn't mean they hate him. Or want him fired. Sad post by a "real fan".
I guess I missed something. I don't recall saying anyone was perfect, Pelini's far from perfect. As I'm sure we all are. The god comment was maybe a bad attempt at making a point. Unlike you, I wasn't trying to single anyone out. I was asking a question that I really wanted an answer to. I have actually heard of people signing up on sites like this just to bash the team, so I was just wondering. Based on your reply, I'm guessing you thought I was talking about you for some reason. I don't know you and I wasn't. Judging by your slam on me, maybe I don't want too. I usually try to give someone the benefit of the doubt until I get to know them before I judge them, but that's just me.

I didn't see the piece, but it sounds to me like Corso was right in his assessment (not sure about DH). If Nebraska were to start losing, Pelini popping a vein on the sidelines 3-4 times on camera per game might not go over too well with fans, boosters or recruits.

Look, this isn't about "being a fan" or having Bo's back. In todays day and age, these stories make huge headlines because society at large is under an increasingly magnified microscope. If, and I repeat "if", Pelini were to go all ape*** on a player (Woody Hayes style) and get into a physical altercation with a player (God forbid something like that were to happen), but IF it did... people would be all over the program about how Bo's aggressive "behavior" toward his college players was swept under the rug because we were winning, but the signs were there that this was a possibility and nobody did anything about it. Nebraska would be crucified for tolerating this behavior, etc... It'd be like the LP thing and we'd be labeled a "win-at-all-costs" program just like the 90's. I understand that other coaches get caught yelling, etc, but Bo gets especially crazy looking, veins popping, face red- he has that "Im gonna rip off your head and **** down your neck" kind of face. Hell, we've had about 2 dozen threads on this board where people are easily as critical as ESPN's piece (so i hear).

If we don't want Nebraska to be associated with this kind of thing, I'd say the responsible thing to do would be to have our coach be more mindful of his behavior, rather than calling ESPN out for calling BO out. I hope this doesn't make me less of a fan. Im a big Bo fan, but he needs work in this area.

I expect Pelini to work on his behavior and it seems he has. The piece by ESPN was slanted and inaccurate. It is as simple as that. What is so hard to understand about that?

Wow, I'm not talking about going all nut job here, but espn, the biggest sports info media outlet in north america just dropped a pile of steaming crap on Huskernation, and we are all going to just sit there and go, that's all right we will just ignore you!!!!!??? K

:)

It is one thing to discuss Bo's antics on the sidelines and another to suggest that there is a darker side to the program that exists outside of these sideline displays. I know of no evidence that Bo displays an aggressive behavior (screaming and yelling) to his players during practice and film sessions. In fact, the evidence appears to exist that Bo runs a pretty clean program in which players are held accountable for their actions in the class room and around the community. It also appears that Bo conducts recruiting in a straightforward, stand-up fashion. I don't know if the University should say anything public, however, a phone call from TO to Coach Corso expressing his dissapointment at the segment would be a good idea..especially given the respect that Corso has for TO.

I don't post very much, but why does it seem to me that some of the people on this site aren't really Huskers fans. Are some of them on here just to try and piss off real Huskers fans. Seriously, I really want to know. It's one thing to get upset after they have a bad game, but there are people on this board calling for the head of a coach who has 9 or more wins for every year he's been here. Yeah he yells and screams on the sidelines, who gives a crap. At least he's not slapping is coaches and knocking their headsets off them. Do any you of guys bitching about Pelini watch some of the other coaches in college football. Pellini's calm compared to some. Not to mention, did any of you notice the group of seniors, including Stafford, that sought out the media to basically tell them to shove it and leave their coach alone. As far as I'm concerned, I thank god that Osborne hired Pelini, and I don't thank god for much. The rest of you Pelini/Husker haters need to hit the road.

Go fly a kite grasshopper.

I don't post very much, but why does it seem to me that some of the people on this site aren't really Huskers fans. Are some of them on here just to try and piss off real Huskers fans. Seriously, I really want to know. It's one thing to get upset after they have a bad game, but there are people on this board calling for the head of a coach who has 9 or more wins for every year he's been here. Yeah he yells and screams on the sidelines, who gives a crap. At least he's not slapping is coaches and knocking their headsets off them. Do any you of guys bitching about Pelini watch some of the other coaches in college football. Pellini's calm compared to some. Not to mention, did any of you notice the group of seniors, including Stafford, that sought out the media to basically tell them to shove it and leave their coach alone. As far as I'm concerned, I thank god that Osborne hired Pelini, and I don't thank god for much. The rest of you Pelini/Husker haters need to hit the road.

If its one thing I hate, its the phrase "real Husker fans". Husker nation is worldwide and we come from different backgrounds and have different outlooks. There are HUGE differences of opinions on Pelini, offensive philosophy, Martinez, the quality of defensive personnel, Solich etc. There are different ways of looking at all of these topics and many more that involve Husker football. I disagree with many on here about their opinions but I never question anyone's fandom. At the end of the day, we all want the same results even if we don't agree how to get there are who is the best player/coach to get us to that place where we think we belong.

I expect Pelini to work on his behavior and it seems he has. The piece by ESPN was slanted and inaccurate. It is as simple as that. What is so hard to understand about that?

The post was in response to the tread topic, guy. Are we to "spew venom" because ESPN thinks Bo has a problem controlling his temper? He does! How about, instead of whimpering in a corner about how ESPN is picking on us, we just handle our business in a way that doesn't give them ammo? ESPN sensationalizes behavior for ratings, is that so hard to understand?

Did you see the gameday piece? it was a one-sided speculative slander job - deserving of an official response from the University (if not legal representation).

There are big time stake$ & clearly it was an ESPN attempt to discredit Pelini & derail the work he's done in Lincoln.

& yet, NU & it's fans seem to embarrass you - that's weak sauce IMO.

I did not see it. And if you read my responses in this thread you'd know that I said from the sounds of it it was probably uncalled for. I don't doubt that it was unfair. But that does not mean that Bo hasn't had something to do with building his own reputation.

But really...LEGAL representation? Please. That would become a much bigger and much more ridiculous story...NU making NU look worse than ESPN already has.

And yes...if NU fans made this something bigger than it needs to be and went over the top....yes, that would be embarrassing. Nowhere...NOWHERE did I say NU embarrasses me.

Out of curiosity what motive do you think ESPN has to "discredit Pelini & derail the work he's done in Lincoln"?

Very well put.

I guess I missed something. I don't recall saying anyone was perfect, Pelini's far from perfect. As I'm sure we all are. The god comment was maybe a bad attempt at making a point. Unlike you, I wasn't trying to single anyone out. I was asking a question that I really wanted an answer to. I have actually heard of people signing up on sites like this just to bash the team, so I was just wondering. Based on your reply, I'm guessing you thought I was talking about you for some reason. I don't know you and I wasn't. Judging by your slam on me, maybe I don't want too. I usually try to give someone the benefit of the doubt until I get to know them before I judge them, but that's just me.

Maybe I shouldn't have taken you so literally so if my response came off as too harsh I apologize. But your post struck a nerve with me. Some people really do take husker football too seriously...to a freakish "thank god" level. I dig husker football obviously. But somewhere along the line I saw it for what it is...just a game. A game played by people half my age and that at the end of the day the result means absolutely nothing. It's entertainment. A distraction from the important issues of life. Husker fans (fanatics of any team really) have a tendency to deify husker players, coaches, etc. A poster recently said he'd pay to have Pelini scream in his face. Even tongue in cheek that's beyone wierd. Hell, one poster said he was glad Thunder Collins was a Husker. He hasn't explained yet...but personally I am offended people like Thunder Collins and Lawrence Phillips are still stealing oxygen.

As to your "not actually husker fans" thing. I don't think there are any fake fans on here. There are people like Cardinal that don't even pretend but people like me or whoever really are fans. We just may see things a little differently than "real fans". There' no set threshold of true believer-ism that one needs to meet to be a "real fan".

Maybe I shouldn't have taken you so literally so if my response came off as too harsh I apologize. But your post struck a nerve with me. Some people really do take husker football too seriously...to a freakish "thank god" level. I dig husker football obviously. But somewhere along the line I saw it for what it is...just a game. A game played by people half my age and that at the end of the day the result means absolutely nothing. It's entertainment. A distraction from the important issues of life. Husker fans (fanatics of any team really) have a tendency to deify husker players, coaches, etc. A poster recently said he'd pay to have Pelini scream in his face. Even tongue in cheek that's beyone wierd. Hell, one poster said he was glad Thunder Collins was a Husker. He hasn't explained yet...but personally I am offended people like Thunder Collins and Lawrence Phillips are still stealing oxygen.

As to your "not actually husker fans" thing. I don't think there are any fake fans on here. There are people like Cardinal that don't even pretend but people like me or whoever really are fans. We just may see things a little differently than "real fans". There' no set threshold of true believer-ism that one needs to meet to be a "real fan".
No problem bilsker, I really wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone even though it looks like three or four people think I was. I'm a pretty die hard husker fan, but I also agree with your Collins and Philips comment. There just seems to be a lot of people on this site that expect perfection out the Huskers and their coaches, which will never happen. I like the coaches we have even though I don't always agree with what they do or how they act. The players seem to love Pelini him and as of right now, I feel like he's getting the Huskers where they need to be. Thanks for your response to my follow up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back