• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoiberg finalizes deal and is Nebraska’s new head basketball coach

As far as I know, Nebraska is the only college in the US that employs a football, basketball and baseball head coach that played in the NFL, NBA and MLB.
Definitely the only University that has a baseball coach who played in MLB (won the world series) and won a football championship in college... maybe the only University that has a football, basketball and baseball head coach that were offered football scholarships by their employing University out of high school?

EDIT: Ridiculous - only Power 5 basketball coach (Coach Hoiberg) offered a scholarship in football by a man (Coach Osborne) who was offered basketball scholarship by first coach's grandfather (Coach Bush) at the same school (UNL).

Last edited:
Moos-Making-it-Rain.gif
Yep. Contract is 5 times higher than ISU.

Whether Frost and Hoiberg work out or not, Moos got the most sought after coaches during the hires. “It wasn’t the right decision” in 2022 quite literally can’t be stated. There will be someone hired that does better than Frost or Hoiberg, but no one has a crystal ball.

Truth. Wondering if that was a factor in Moos's decision to pursue these guys.

Not waiting to eat the pudding nor will I play hindsight. Moos took absolutely who he should have, and quite honestly had to overcome a lot to get Hoiberg.

Whether Frost and Hoiberg work out or not, Moos got the most sought after coaches during the hires. “It wasn’t the right decision” in 2022 quite literally can’t be stated. There will be someone hired that does better than Frost or Hoiberg, but no one has a crystal ball.

It is always good to be exited about Husker Athletics. Hoiberg may well be the best choice for the BB program. However, until we all see the RESULTS, the definitive answers are the “proof in the pudding.” As a long time Husker fan, over 60 years, I want every Husker program to achieve the highest level of accomplishment, from the Rifle Team to the Football program. There are many variables to the components of Championships, coaching is pivotal. I have always been one to take the cautious approach. I wish Hoiberg the very best, just as I did for all the BB coaches before him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back